Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benzema: "I always dreamed about playing here and you have yet to see the best of me"

Realmadrid.com

Karim Benzema insisted that he is happy playing for Real Madrid during an interview with Spanish television's La Sexta.

"I came to Madrid alone and lived in a hotel for the first three months, but signing for Real Madrid had always been a dream of mine. I have been taking Spanish classes and am now able to communicate with my teammates. I still need to play more to feel better, and I know I can play a lot better."

"I want to stay here for a very long time. I think you will see the best version of Benzema next season. There is a lot of competition on this team and a lot of talent as well. Cristiano Ronaldo is in my opinion the best player in the world, but Pepe has been who has most surprised me."

"Pellegrini is a great coach. I hope we win La Liga. We need to push ourselves to the max to do so."

THE END.

Benzema: "I always dreamed about playing here and you have yet to see the best of me"

Realmadrid.com

Karim Benzema insisted that he is happy playing for Real Madrid during an interview with Spanish television's La Sexta.

"I came to Madrid alone and lived in a hotel for the first three months, but signing for Real Madrid had always been a dream of mine. I have been taking Spanish classes and am now able to communicate with my teammates. I still need to play more to feel better, and I know I can play a lot better."

"I want to stay here for a very long time. I think you will see the best version of Benzema next season. There is a lot of competition on this team and a lot of talent as well. Cristiano Ronaldo is in my opinion the best player in the world, but Pepe has been who has most surprised me."

"Pellegrini is a great coach. I hope we win La Liga. We need to push ourselves to the max to do so."

THE END.

Thank god it is the end, he never would come here unless it was his only option, we dont want players like that here

I see him as a player who will bounce around La Liga and Serie-A for the rest of this career.

Depends. Fergie obviously rates him which is a good sign for those who want Benzema at the club. Whenever SAF targets a player he normally gets tunnelvision and doesn't really look at many other options. Berbatov and Hargreaves are good examples of this.

Depends. Fergie obviously rates him which is a good sign for those who want Benzema at the club. Whenever SAF targets a player he normally gets tunnelvision and doesn't really look at many other options. Berbatov and Hargreaves are good examples of this.

He rated him last year, just as he once rated Robben and Ronaldinho, but once those players opted to go elsewhere things changed. Once a player makes it known that United aren't his club of choice, i think its best to move on.

He rated him last year, just as he once rated Robben and Ronaldinho, but once those players opted to go elsewhere things changed. Once a player makes it known that United aren't his club of choice, i think its best to move on.

Well Ferguson never got the chance to re-sign Robben or Ronaldinho till both left their respective club with their own off field issues; injuries in Robben's case and the lifestyle and fitness choices of Ronaldinho's. Seeing as SAF has gone for players who have turned us down before particular in Berbatov's case, I could see Ferguson go in for Benzema given it's barely been a year and the Madrid mistake could be chalked down as the inexperience of youth.

Why do we want Benzema? Is it because he had one good game against us a couple years ago in the CL?

He has hardly ignited RM this season.

Why do we want Benzema? Is it because he had one good game against us a couple years ago in the CL?.
He was consistently fantastic in France. Both in Europe and domestically.

He has hardly ignited RM this season.
Neither has Kaka. Would you refuse a chance to sign him if it came up?

Kaka has proven himself at the highest level. Benzema in a second or third rate league.

It's apples and oranges.

He may be as good as people think but really I don't think he has shown much beyond potential. The wank-a-thon over him is strange.

Kaka has proven himself at the highest level. Benzema in a second or third rate league.

It's apples and oranges.

He may be as good as people think but really I don't think he has shown much beyond potential. The wank-a-thon over him is strange.

Benzema proved himself in the CL.He was literally carrying Lyon on his shoulders (with Juninho)

Amazing how some players look fantasctic with the right blend of players around him. Benzema for my money is just one of those who look great in a certain system with certain players around him and the team is basically setup around him. In real its was a different system, different players and cretainly not the star of the show. He didnt exactly light up the internaltionale scene either.

Juninho kept Lyon in the CL.

Without Benzema,Juninho's contribution would be close to nothing.They had a special relationship (like Xavi-Messi).
I remember a match of Benzema against Rangers in Scotland where he was totally outstanding.For his age, the way he performed was really mature

Without Benzema,Juninho's contribution would be close to nothing.They had a special relationship (like Xavi-Messi).
I remember a match of Benzema against Rangers in Scotland where he was totally outstanding.For his age, the way he performed was really mature
That was actually the match that brought Benzema to the attention of the British media and most fans who hadn't seen him play before over here.

You can't judge anyone on performances against Rangers Scottish football has surely showed over the years it's ability to make average players look like world beaters.

Nucks said:
Why do we want Benzema? Is it because he had one good game against us a couple years ago in the CL?

Pogue Mahone said:
He was pretty fecking excellent against United too. Scored a cracking goal against us.

There's your answer.

People doubting his skill level obviously have only watched him this year in a team that he doesn't fit in to. He was great at the beginning of the year until they started playing him out wide in a 433 or bringing him on in the 85th minute. Of course a player isnt going to look good when he pays for a coach that said he did care for him.

Henrik Larsson says not

One player? Trust me i've wathced the liked of Di Canio, Cadete, Van Hoijdonk, Negri, Flo, Mcdonald etc etc etc come up here and look like the best in the world. Scottish league is good at that.

Even Anthony Stokes has managed to go to the Scottish league and look like a quality striker. Even Robbie Keane looks a hero.

The same Rangers team that got beat at home 4-1 by Unirea Urziceni?

If there is one piece of media BS I want to believe it's the Benzema story. Please let it be this one that comes true - feck Berbatov off and get the lad in.....end of!

Please!!!!!!! SAF is the kind of figure Benzema needs to ground him and help him realize he can be the best! Right now Benzema's problem is that he never gets consistent playing time and is just thrown into games where they need a goal. He usually plays wide left when he does come on and thats not his strength at all.

It's apples and oranges
The champions league is the highest level and Benzema proved himself in it. You're clutching at straws here.

The wankathon is in your head. Benzema is not just mere potential. He is a genuinely top talent in the right hands. People are just stating the obvious.

if jose does go to real i imagine he will have

higauin benzema ronaldo

looking individually and collectivley great

they would be stupid to sell either higauin or benzema... but it is real so who knows... id be happy with either at united... id even take that ronaldo chappie as well...

One player? Trust me i've wathced the liked of Di Canio, Cadete, Van Hoijdonk, Negri, Flo, Mcdonald etc etc etc come up here and look like the best in the world. Scottish league is good at that.

Even Anthony Stokes has managed to go to the Scottish league and look like a quality striker. Even Robbie Keane looks a hero.

The same Rangers team that got beat at home 4-1 by Unirea Urziceni?

You couldn't possibly have watched any Scottish game and thought that Flo looked like the best in the world because he was gash up here.

Di Canio left Celtic and did it in the EPL, heavily linked with United at one time. Two of the defenders that played against Benzema that night are now plying their trade in the EPL, and lest we forget that Rangers beat Lyon 3-0 earlier that season.

I'm not suggesting the Scottish Premier is of a mind-boggingly high standard, but just because one of Benzema's stand out performances was against Rangers doesn't mean it should be written off.

He's been injured and/or unfit for a good chunk of the season, but up until Christmas he was playing most weeks. It's not that he hasn't been given chances it's that he hasn't shown as much as Higuain when he's played. There's no way he can get in the team ahead of Ronaldo - he just isn't that good.

A Higuain/Benzema/Ronaldo front 3? Madrid haven't found a way to do it and given it would push Kaka further back, it's doubtful they would want it.

I suspect he's a better player than Higuain but to be honest I suspect that on the strength of a great goal against United and flashes of great skill - not on what I've seen him do overall this season. At Madrid he'll either learn to mindread Ronaldo or he'll spend next season on the bench as well.

I don't think Madrid will stick a for sale tag on him unless they buy a new toy (and even then they might sell Higuain instead). The question is whether or not Benzema decides he needs to get out and it may be that he'll be sitting on the bench at the World Cup thinking about that.

Just forget him. He wont be coming, not a chance, he dosnt want to play for us how abundantly clear does he have to make this for people to let this go, we wanted him last year, so did Madrid, he chose Madrid and wants to stay there.......Raul will leave Madrid in the summer and Benzema will rotate with Higuain and Ronaldo in a front 3 at times and sometimes from the bench.

Bottom line, we'll never see him in a United shirt.

Benzema will be a phenomenon whether he stays at Real or not. He is that good. Anyone saying that he is nothing special are more than likely part of the same group that were saying Rooney was nothing special one or two years ago before giving him time to develop. Benzema seems very happy at Real even though he is not playing so I imagine he will stay there and we will end up buying that Argentinian striker from Estudiantes in South America instead on the cheap which I wouldnt mind either. But if Fergie managed to get Benzema then I think we would be looking at a player that would give us within 1 or 2 seasons the same impact and influence that Rooney gives us .

Status
Not open for further replies.