Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was almost cowardly how Pellergrini threw him on the deep end yesterday after Raul, you just knew he would feel some of the fans wrath. Pathetic really.

I was surprised he wasnt in the starting lineup for the El Classico. This was the lineup:

Ronaldo----------------Higuain

Van der Vaart

Marcelo----------------------Gago

Alonso

I think this would have been better:

Benzema--------------Higuain

Van der Vaart

Marcelo------------------Ronaldo

Alonso​

And how in the hell did Diarra not play? I mean you are playing the best team in Europe and you are trying to stop Messi and you dont have one of the best defensive midfielders playing???

Well, I think it makes sense to put Ronaldo as closest as possible to goal, looking at how much of a threat he is.

If he is available in the summer we should be in for him and sign him!

Possibly but would Benzema want to go there? unlikely

That's what I thought, but then if they offered him on loan, he still gets his wages, and he's still there in close proximity to try and impress and salvage his Real career

I'm not saying this is what is likely to happen, but could be an option to try and get Villa

Well Madrid fecked off Mickey O after one much more successful season then Benzema, I'd be surprised if the Frenchman is still a Madrid player next year.

I think if this guy could click in the Premier league, he could be an absolute superstar. But, nevertheless, it would be quite a risk signing him. But I don't think the risk is anything less of that what Liverpool took on signing Torres, and we all know how that paid off.

I think if this guy could click in the Premier league, he could be an absolute superstar. But, nevertheless, it would be quite a risk signing him. But I don't think the risk is anything less of that what Liverpool took on signing Torres, and we all know how that paid off.

My problem wouldn't be his potential but it's quite worrying that he's put on a ridiculous amount of weight in such a short space of time being injured. He's looked abysmal at times and quite out of his depth even against the far worse defences of La Liga (in comparison to the Premier League).

His attitude leaves a lot to be desired. The signing of Hernandez will mean that we won't be interested in him. Far too many strikers at the club already.

I think the risk was taken by Madrid. Now that he's failed to establish himself over there, they might be willing to let him leave for a bit less money in order to help bankroll their next batch of galacticos. With a fee more around the £25 million mark, I'm not sure he'd be much of a risk because of the amount of service he could offer the club even if he never improves his current/Lyon level. He's a good player right now and he's still very young and could be an important player for a club for a very long time.

Benzema, Ribery and co sleeping with UNDER-aged girl?

French football star Franck Ribery admits sleeping with underage girl as child prostitute scandal grows

By Ian Sparks
Last updated at 11:57 AM on 20th April 2010

* Add to My Stories

Ribery

Questioned: Franck Ribery, 27, is facing allegations in connection with underage prostitutes

The sex scandal engulfing France's international football team took a disturbing twist today as Franck Ribery admitted sleeping with an under-age prostitute.

It came as 22-year-old Karim Benzema was named as another suspect, along with Hatem Ben Arfa, the 23-year-old Marseilles striker.

They all join Sidney Govou, the 30-year-old Lyon winger, who is the fourth player allegedly involved in the crimes.

Although Ribery, a married 27-year-old star, denied knowing that the girl was under 18 when he began seeing her, he could still face charges along with his teammates.

All are suspected of having 'regular sex' with the unnamed French Moroccan after being introduced to her at the Zaman Café, a notorious nightclub on the Champs Elysee in Paris.

Ribery - widely considered to be France's best player - told examining magistrates that he 'saw the girl over a number of months in 2009'.

This contradicts earlier claims that he and his team mates were solely being interviewed as witnesses in the child sex probe.

Prostitution is legal in France, but those providing sex for money have to be at least 18.

If found guilty Ribery, a Muslim convert, faces a maximum of three years in prison and a fine of up to £40,000.

'Judge Andre Dando has yet to decide if Ribery is to be prosecuted but it remains a possibility,' said a judicial source in Paris.

'Ribery has admitted having sexual relationship with the girl over several months, but denies knowing she was underage. He could be in very serious trouble at the worst possible time in his career.

'The same goes for the other players if they are found to have been knowingly sleeping with an underage prostitute.'
Enlarge Zaman Café

Zaman Café on the Champs Élysées is a legal brothel but is now under investigation over a suspected underage prostitution ring

The unnamed woman is now 18, with the offences said to have taken place last year, said the judicial source.

Ribery is hoping to star in this summer's World Cup finals in South Africa, and is also contemplating a lucrative move from his current club side, Germany's Bayern Munich, to England, Spain or Italy.

He and the other three players were summoned to appear before Judge Dando after 20 girls were arrested in a dawn swoop on the Zaman a week ago on Monday.

It has now been shut down.

A man known as 'Abou' from a hit French reality TV show was questioned about his alleged role in acting as a 'pimp' to introduce players to the girls.

Ribery converted to Islam to marry his French Algerian wife Wahiba. The couple have two daughters.

Govou, a winger with Lyon, is single but has a five-year-old daughter with his ex-girlfriend, Pascale.
Olympique Lyon's Sidney Govou
Karim Benzema

Questioned: Les Blues' stars Sidney Govou and Karim Benzema

The two men will meet in the Champions League semi-final on Wednesday in Munich.

Benzema and Ben Arfa are both believed to be single.

Despite the new revelations, Sophie Bottai, Ribery's lawyer, continued to deny that her client had slept with the girl.

'This affair does not concern my client and could only, in the worst case, involve his private life alone,' she said.

Lawyers for Govou, Benzema and Arfa also deny any wrongdoing.

Jean-Pierre Escalettes, president of the French Football Federation, said: 'An investigation is under way. There is nothing else to say at the moment.'

While international players for teams like England have frequently been involved in scandals involving sex and alcohol, this is the first time that the French have been connected with widespread sleaze allegations.

France was widely criticised last year for the way they qualified for the World Cup.

Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry admitted handling the ball which set up a goal against Ireland which secured the draw France needed to go to South Africa.

Franck Ribery prostitution probe: French footballer engulfed in sex scandal | Mail Online

All the people saying we should not get Benzema are as stupid as the fecks that are in-charge of Real Madrid.. We would be stupid to pass on the opportunity to sign this lad.. Was it not only last summer that SAF put in a bid of around 30 odd million for him? So suddenly after 1 season he has become utterly rubbish? I cant believe the shite people speak on this forum sometimes..

All the people saying we should not get Benzema are as stupid as the fecks that are in-charge of Real Madrid.. We would be stupid to pass on the opportunity to sign this lad.. Was it not only last summer that SAF put in a bid of around 30 odd million for him? So suddenly after 1 season he has become utterly rubbish? I cant believe the shite people speak on this forum sometimes..

Oh calm down you drama queen. I was one of the people that wanted him at United the most but that was before I saw how he's performed in a big league and I certainly didn't think he'd be the type to comfort eat during a small spell on the sidelines, to the point he's actually now borderline fat. Let's not even talk about his attitude. When we had no knowledge of any of that, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, as you would with any other young player but on evidence, he hasn't covered himself in glory. He's also apparently made little to no effort in adapting to life in sunny Spain.

It seems that Real now want rid and you can bet your life on it that, SAF would have known this, prior to signing Hernandez but has decided that he's not worth bidding for even at a cut down price now. Says a lot in itself.

But he didnt want to come here so why would he now. If he is heart is at Madrid then he should stay there and fight for his place

But he didnt want to come here so why would he now. If he is heart is at Madrid then he should stay there and fight for his place

What are you talking about, "his heart is at Madrid". What do you think football players are. Do you think he is a United supporter? Or a Madrid supporter? Probably not but that doesn't matter. He's a professional footballer. He goes where he sees it benefit him most.

Wouldn't matter which team he'd chosen, he'd be in same place he is now. He got injuries and people like Higuain and Rooney are playing brilliantly and there is no way ahead of them in the pecking order.

What are you talking about, "his heart is at Madrid". What do you think football players are. Do you think he is a United supporter? Or a Madrid supporter? Probably not but that doesn't matter. He's a professional footballer. He goes where he sees it benefit him most.

Wouldn't matter which team he'd chosen, he'd be in same place he is now. He got injuries and people like Higuain and Rooney are playing brilliantly and there is no way ahead of them in the pecking order.

Ok so I dont know where his heart is, so I will simplify, he choose Madrid over us so why would he want to come here now?

Ok so I dont know where his heart is, so I will simplify, he choose Madrid over us so why would he want to come here now?

Because he realises he got it wrong.

Players have actually moved to United in the past after rejecting us once for one reason or another.

Hernandez has been bought to fill in the important role as a partner for Rooney in smaller games and a good substitution option when Rooney's injured or not playing well in the big games. Milner and Hernandez = our business done for the summer.

Smell the coffee lads.

He's not someone we want around if he was involved in the underage prostitute thing. I'm not sure he's someone we'd want around anyway because he seems to have a poor attitude this year along with showing nothing in Spain.

Hernandez has been bought to fill in the important role as a partner for Rooney in smaller games and a good substitution option when Rooney's injured or not playing well in the big games. Milner and Hernandez = our business done for the summer.

Smell the coffee lads.

I would rather buy no one else than buy Milner

Smells more like horseshit to me.

You think we'll do more business than that? Hernandez plus 1 will be our business done. Apart from maybe 1 or 2 young players.

I personally think any wishes of players like Benzema, Gourcuff etc etc are all pie in the sky anyway.

I'm hoping for Rodwell and Milner but getting even 1 of those is unlikely so i doubt we'll get both.

It's a matter of time before we at least try to sign Rodwell though so it would be silly not make a move this Summer otherwise his stock will rise greatly each year.

Yes but he recently said (like 7 or 10 days ago) that he isn't interested to join United.He wants to stay in Madrid

Robben and Sneijder also said they wanted to stay with Real last summer. I don't think anyone at their current clubs has any problem with them what so ever.

I'm not saying it'll be happening, but looking at Real's past, you wouldn't be shocked if they did sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.