Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would madrid be interested in a swop with berbatov?

Depends if Berbatov in Rooney's absense plays so well and wins United the PL, CL & Fa Cup single handedly and keeps Rooney on the bench when he gets fit.. Also he needs to win the Golden boot at the World Cup and ensure Bulgaria are World Cup winners.. Followed by him being favourite to win the ballon d'or..

Then Yes, Madrid may be interested in him..

I know we are not in the Fa Cup and that Bulgaria didn't qualify for the World Cup

We should try and link up with a deal with Real for Benz with Vida. I mean I m not saying Vidic should leave but he does decided to leave, then it would be better to sell him to Real and get Benz in a swap deal. So maybe Vidic + 10M.

If it was a loan deal it would be perfect as Macheda could go out on loan and get a chance to develop but very doubtful that would happen! But if he leaves then City will offer crazy money.
Karim Benzema Will Not Leave Real Madrid For Milan - Agent - Goal.com
Apr 1, 2010 5:14:00 PM
Local media in Spain had floated the idea that Benzema was been tracked by Milan, who are looking to strengthen up front for next season.
But the Frenchman's agent Karim Djaziri has made it clear his client will not turn his back on Real for the lure of Milan.
"Benzema will stay in Madrid because he is very happy in Spain. Milan? I have not heard from anyone," he told Tuttomercatoweb.com
"And, in any case, Karim is really happy in Madrid and he intends to stay there."

Ive only seen him play maybe half a dozen times and all of them were for lyon, looked a great prospect. So answer me this; what makes you so sure he can handle the premiership/star for united if he can't hack it at madrid?

I wouldn't say he hasn't been able to hack it at Madrid, he barely had time to settle in and he was benched in favour of Higauin.

I have a feeling Raul has something to do with this, but it's just a feeling.

Put it this way, every game Raul must play a part in, from what I've seen this season even if the team is losing or playing teams as strong as Barca. The one time Pellergrini didn't pick him he had aot of explaining to do with the press. Now havingonly Raul to bring on for Higuain solves a huge dilema of having Benzema ready to come on who is much beter than the legendary number 7. Or maybe Benzema's injury is really bad, who knows.

Didn't Benzema speak out early on that he didn't enjoy playing up front with Raul?

As for whether he will end up here, I think if he were to leave Real then we would be strong contenders, but surely even they are not crazy enough to drop such a talent after one season.

I wouldn't say he hasn't been able to hack it at Madrid, he barely had time to settle in and he was benched in favour of Higauin.

Didn't Benzema speak out early on that he didn't enjoy playing up front with Raul?

As for whether he will end up here, I think if he were to leave Real then we would be strong contenders, but surely even they are not crazy enough to drop such a talent after one season.

The club that forced out Robben and Wesley S and kept Guti and Raul and are bemused why they are out the champions league? Crazy? They all need to be sectioned starting with senior Perez.

Raul will retire soon, which will leave Benz and Higain as the long term partnership.
They tend to play Ronaldo as a striker as well.

I'm a self-confessed fan-boi of Benzema, but I don't know if we could keep him happy now that Rooney has taken so well to being the main striker. When the two played together in a 442 it should be an absolutely awesome combo of power, pace and skill, but in our 4231/433 one would either end on the bench or on the left wing. And both have made it quite obvious they prefer upfront.

They tend to play Ronaldo as a striker as well.

I'm a self-confessed fan-boi of Benzema, but I don't know if we could keep him happy now that Rooney has taken so well to being the main striker. When the two played together in a 442 it should be an absolutely awesome combo of power, pace and skill, but in our 4231/433 one would either end on the bench or on the left wing. And both have made it quite obvious they prefer upfront.

But bringing him in would change the formation. Im still not sold on 451 being the answer in big games.

But bringing him in would change the formation. Im still not sold on 451 being the answer in big games.

Exactly.. I don't understand how it has become a fact that we are playing 4-5-1 because SAF prefers to do so.. That's absolute bollocks.. Wa all have known SAF through the years and he prefers playing a traditional 4-4-2 with 2 wingers and 2 strikers.. The only reason we are playing a 4-5-1 is because Berba is carrying an injury (incase everyone forgot), and the simple fact that the team plays much better without him in it.. Also the lack of a 3rd quality striker means us playing a 4-5-1.. Had SAF got his man (Benzema) in the summer.. We would not have witnessed so much of this 'preferred' 4-5-1 formation and that my friends is a FACT..

I think Bulgaria failed to qualify for the WC

Read the white text mate.. We are also not in the Fa Cup either... Last time I remember Leeds knocked us out of that that one! The point was that Real will never be interested in Berbatov IMO..

We're playing 4-5-1 because it's the formation everyone plays not because it's his preferred formation.

The only people denying it are the ones desperate for us to buy another star striker.

We're playing 4-5-1 because it's the formation everyone plays not because it's his preferred formation.

The only people denying it are the ones desperate for us to buy another star striker.

Lets have a wait and see what SAF does in the summer shall we?

451 433 442 depends on the opponants.

However if your confident you play what you like and let the opponants worry about you

Raul will retire soon, which will leave Benz and Higain as the long term partnership.

ronaldo higauin benzema

that looks like a great front 3 that could play together for years...

it takes a very special kind of club not to feck that up...

im sure madrid will manage it though and if higauin or benzema ended up here Id be very happy...

Exactly.. I don't understand how it has become a fact that we are playing 4-5-1 because SAF prefers to do so.. That's absolute bollocks.. Wa all have known SAF through the years and he prefers playing a traditional 4-4-2 with 2 wingers and 2 strikers.. The only reason we are playing a 4-5-1 is because Berba is carrying an injury (incase everyone forgot), and the simple fact that the team plays much better without him in it.. Also the lack of a 3rd quality striker means us playing a 4-5-1.. Had SAF got his man (Benzema) in the summer.. We would not have witnessed so much of this 'preferred' 4-5-1 formation and that my friends is a FACT..

:lol:
How can you write such a thing ? No can say with absolute certainty that 4-4-2 is SAF's favorite position and besides it's not an injury of Berbatbov which would SAF to play in that formation if he deemed it necessary.We don't have the CM to play 4-4-2 against the very top teams anymore.
We just don't have enough quality in that department to confident enough to keep playing the same formation.
4-5-1 or 4-3-3 (they're almost the same thing for me) has worked and provided terrific results in the last few seasons and the main reason has always been to win the midfield battle.
SAF will play the best possible formation with the players he's got depending on the situation

The games changed and Sir Alex changed with it. The formation/tactics are now selected game by game. It used to be 4-4-2. It's a pity it changed but then again we had a lot of heartache in Europe down the years playing that way

Read the white text mate.. We are also not in the Fa Cup either... Last time I remember Leeds knocked us out of that that one! The point was that Real will never be interested in Berbatov IMO..

Even with us having Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov all fit last season, we still played a 4-5-1 in Europe and in the big matches also. People has to understand a fact that now days very rarely a big team plays a conventional 4-4-2(atleast in Europe). Even if Benzema is signed, we still won't change our formation.

Even with us having Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov all fit last season, we still played a 4-5-1 in Europe and in the big matches also. People has to understand a fact that now days very rarely a big team plays a conventional 4-4-2(atleast in Europe). Even if Benzema is signed, we still won't change our formation.

as benzema can also play on the left of a 3 we would necessarily have to

valencia rooney benzema

The games changed and Sir Alex changed with it. The formation/tactics are now selected game by game. It used to be 4-4-2. It's a pity it changed but then again we had a lot of heartache in Europe down the years playing that way

Formation's selected game by game?

What other top team changes their formation regularly?

Lets have a wait and see what SAF does in the summer shall we?

You're thinking we'll buy someone like Benzema?

Only way we're buying another striker is if it's someone who's happy to play left wing as well - Suarez, Jovetic, someone like them.

Only way we're buying another striker is if it's someone who's happy to play left wing as well - Suarez, Jovetic, someone like them.

It would obviously be useful but not the 'only way'.

In Cole, Yorke, Sheingham and Solksjaer we had 4 who didn't really play wide unless we were short (barring Solksjaer's amazing conversion at the end).

Considering how we play 5 mids so often then a forward who can also drop back to midfield might be just as useful.

It would obviously be useful but not the 'only way'.

In Cole, Yorke, Sheingham and Solksjaer we had 4 who didn't really play wide unless we were short (barring Solksjaer's amazing conversion at the end).

Considering how we play 5 mids so often then a forward who can also drop back to midfield might be just as useful.

Bit like Berbatov then...

So were we or weren't we interested in Benzema last summer? Yeah, we've got Owen but that's a moot point - at 30 and injury prone he won;t figure much.

I think we were but that boat's sailed and Rooney on his own is the way to go.

At least I hope so, because if we went for another striker we'd go through the same process we went through with Berbatov - try two up top in the big games until we realise it doesn't work, try Rooney/Benzema out on the left until Sir Alex decides it's a waste and then drops Rooney's partner.

I think we were but that boat's sailed and Rooney on his own is the way to go.

At least I hope so, because if we went for another striker we'd go through the same process we went through with Berbatov - try two up top in the big games until we realise it doesn't work, try Rooney/Benzema out on the left until Sir Alex decides it's a waste and then drops Rooney's partner.

So what happens when he gets injured next season? Whether it's a striker or not that we need, we certainly need to add some quality. If we continue to go budget we'll be in a Liverpool-Souness style mess, eventually.

So what happens when he gets injured next season? Whether it's a striker or not that we need, we certainly need to add some quality. If we continue to go budget we'll be in a Liverpool-Souness style mess, eventually.

We stick Berbatov/Macheda/Welbeck up there. Barca only have Bojan/Henry as their back-up striker, Chelsea only have Anelka, Arsenal only have Eduardo/Bendtner...you don't have two top quality strikers if you're going with one up top. Won't work.

We could use someone with a bit of spark in midfield but as long as Nani keeps progressing he'll give us a bit of that and Anderson will give us a bit of dynamism and thrust if he does similarly.

Ideally we'd get a quality playmaker but I don't think we need one urgently, we can get by without.

We stick Berbatov/Macheda/Welbeck up there. Barca only have Bojan/Henry as their back-up striker, Chelsea only have Anelka, Arsenal only have Eduardo/Bendtner...you don't have two top quality strikers if you're going with one up top. Won't work.

We could use someone with a bit of spark in midfield but as long as Nani keeps progressing he'll give us a bit of that and Anderson will give us a bit of dynamism and thrust if he does similarly.

Ideally we'd get a quality playmaker but I don't think we need one urgently, we can get by without.

Bojan and Henry are very good players. We've only got Berbatov and he's not a line leader. Same goes for Chelsea both Anelka and Drogba are no 9s. A lack of a no 9 replacement may cost us the biggies this season. As for Arsenal please don't even mention them. . .if they had an adequate back up VP them may have been well ahead of us by now. I was advocating we getting another quality midfielder to replace Scholes last summer. . .I still think it's a position we need to sort out, but another forward player should be considered too. But as I said above we don't want to get in a Liverpool/Souness style mess, so a phasing out of the older guard should start this season. Whether we've got the money is another matter.

Formation's selected game by game?

What other top team changes their formation regularly?

Not game by game so much just maybe players featuring in different roles. You know what I meant. I was involved in a heated debate at the time and wrote it lazy. I know we don't change formation game by game but we 'tinker', tweak etc

Sometimes we'll play 451 that ends up 433 more often then not other times something else. We also obviously play 4-4-2 now and then depending on who we're playing

Bojan and Henry are very good players. We've only got Berbatov and he's not a line leader. Same goes for Chelsea both Anelka and Drogba are no 9s. A lack of a no 9 replacement may cost us the biggies this season. As for Arsenal please don't even mention them. . .if they had an adequate back up VP them may have been well ahead of us by now. I was advocating we getting another quality midfielder to replace Scholes last summer. . .I still think it's a position we need to sort out, but another forward player should be considered too. But as I said above we don't want to get in a Liverpool/Souness style mess, so a phasing out of the older guard should start this season. Whether we've got the money is another matter.

Henry's well on the decline this season and Bojan's just a kid who can finish, like Macheda. Better, but just a kid. Neither are a better replacement than Berbatov, they've just adapted their system to be able to cope without any player. We'll be trying to do that but we're just after losing our best player so we need time to get there.

We've already got Giggs' and Neville's replacement ready, all we need is Scholesy replaced. I'm not worried.

Not game by game so much just maybe players featuring in different roles. You know what I meant. I was involved in a heated debate at the time and wrote it lazy.

I know we don't change formation game by game but we 'tinker', tweak etc

Yeah we do, but that's what I was getting at...we're one of the only teams who do. It's not a particularly sound long-term plan, better to have one system for all.

I think if we get that one midfielder then we'll go 4-3-3 all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.