Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Benzema over Higuian any day of the f'kin week. Higuain has had how many seasons at Madrid? maybe 5 or 6? And this is the first season that he has started to show his worth and become a regular in the team.
When you are talking about Benzema you are talking about a player that will be the best striker in the world bar none in 2 or 3 years time. He is that good that is so blindingly obvious. Even our very own Rooney would struggle to get into the Madrid 1st team with Higuain and Ronaldo there. In the same way that many utd fans thought Rooney was not good enough for us before he signed for us and also thought that Ronaldo was never going to be good enough for us either, Benzema fits into that ctegory! Benzema has made enough impact at a young age to almost guarentee that he is going to be a monster footballer when he gets enough first team football.
Madrid would be crazy to sell him unless they need to raise funds for a more mature striker like Villa or Torres instead. I cant see them selling even if they buy Torres over the summer
Eh? I'm one of the biggest Benzema fanboi's on this site, and even I think you're talking shit.

You do realise that Higuain is only 22yo (9 days older than Benzema), and he only joined them halfway through the 06/07 season? Sure, the first one and a half seasons could be said to be somewhat disappointing, but he was probably their best player last season and is one of their best this season.

I do agree that Benzema has a higher potential, but as of now Higuain is probably the better striker.

I would take Benzema over Higuian any day of the f'kin week. Higuain has had how many seasons at Madrid? maybe 5 or 6? And this is the first season that he has started to show his worth and become a regular in the team.
When you are talking about Benzema you are talking about a player that will be the best striker in the world bar none in 2 or 3 years time. He is that good that is so blindingly obvious. Even our very own Rooney would struggle to get into the Madrid 1st team with Higuain and Ronaldo there. In the same way that many utd fans thought Rooney was not good enough for us before he signed for us and also thought that Ronaldo was never going to be good enough for us either, Benzema fits into that ctegory! Benzema has made enough impact at a young age to almost guarentee that he is going to be a monster footballer when he gets enough first team football.
Madrid would be crazy to sell him unless they need to raise funds for a more mature striker like Villa or Torres instead. I cant see them selling even if they buy Torres over the summer

So much bollocks I dont even know where to start...

Firstly he's been there 3 and a bit seasons so a far cry from your 5 or 6

Secondly last season he really cemented his place in the team and pretty much single handily made sure they weren't further off the pace than they already were

As for Benzema being the best striker in the world in 2 or 3 years to come that's highly debated whereas saying that Rooney wouldn't get in their team is just laughable

The worst post of 2010 goes to....

I can't be arsed reading this thread. Why is this thread 100 pages long when Benzema went to Madrid last Summer ? What caused this all to resurface.

Sorry, my head has been in the clouds a bit

No way are we EVER going to be able to afford a player of Benzema's talent all the time the Glazers are ladening us with hundreds upon hundreds of millions pounds of debt.

Bargain buys and free transfers are what we should be getting used to.

Neither of those two snubbed us for another team though, surely his lack of impressing everyone at Madrid will stick in Fergie's mind also

Everyone forgets that we never even had a bid accepted for Benzema.. If a bid was not accepted then how could he possibly snub us?

It's not that he was unimpressing at Madrid, it's just Higuain has hit top form, add to that he doesn't like Raul and has stated he would like to partner someone more mobile. Also, Madrid's shitty formation doesn't suit him, as he needs to take the ball up front on his own various amounts of time.

He's showed that the finishing is there, he has the teamwork, but just doesn't have the support he needs to fully flourish there as in the circus, everyone wants to be the star.

They just represent represent what's wrong with young talented players.No patience whatsoever since their early years everyone told them they were "the best".They started believing in their own hype.There is a problem of attitude with the likes of Benzema, Ben Harfa and even Nasri (to a lesser extent).
They need to be more humble and patient cause they have everything to be successful

basically benzema will be sold to United and Madrid will buy David Villa...

emot-shlick.gif

any one hear Balague

suicide.gif

any one hear Balague on revista? basically benzema will be sold to United and Madrid will buy David Villa...

Balague said this did he? that would be THE Guillem Balague?....Mr 'i get one transfer rumour out of a hundred semi correct' Balague?...

The man talks utter shit him saying that adds no more weight to any 'potential' deal thats for sure.....

any one hear Balague on revista? basically benzema will be sold to United and Madrid will buy David Villa...

Lets hope he is correct this one time.. What he says although is not far from logical.. We all knew about Real Madrid and how they have been chasing Villa since ages.. I am just surprised that they are not moving for David Villa in January itself.. He will cost considerably more in the summer and lets not forget he will be free to register for them in the CL as well.. I thought Valencia released some documents stating they expect the sale of an asset for around 40-45M GBP in this term i.e before March.. So where are they planning on raising that money if they do not sell players? Have they sold their old stadium yet? I doubt that would be worth that little though unless they are planning to get 40-45M GBP upfront and further amounts in the rest in instalments..

But as far as them selling Benzema to us goes.. That is a completely different matter but I am dead sure they will not sell until they sign first.. I have noticed that is the way they normally function in the transfer market.. The one and only thing we should ever learn from them IMO.. We normally always buy after we have made our big sales.. Lets see we sold Becks and bought Ronaldo after we were priced out of a deal for Ronaldinho.. Then we sold Ronaldo and got priced out of the deal for Benzema and signed Owen on a free.. The only thing that frustrates me is why we don't sort these deals out either before or simultaneously.. Everyone says Real Madrid broke the market in the summer, That statement is incomplete and thus I completely disagree.. Manchester United & Real Madrid broke the market in the summer.. We were equally responsible as we received 80M GBP and we should have known the market would spiral out of control once that transfer went through..

well with higuain out for 3 weeks, benzema could get a run of games that saves his madrid career (if it is hanging in the balance to begin with).,

Yea he could go on a great run, forcing Higuain out of the team leaving him open to a bid from us, winner!

Yea he could go on a great run, forcing Higuain out of the team leaving him open to a bid from us, winner!

Higuain is a better player and a player with better potential. Madrid will never let him go and i doubt Higa would want to leave them either.

Seems to me that Benzema's prayers and voodoo worked.The timing of which he started to cry this weekend about not being happy with his situation on the bench and Higuain got hurt is suspicious to me

Can't see Benzema leaving after half a season tbh. If hes anything of a player he'll want to stay and fight for his place.

They just represent represent what's wrong with young talented players.No patience whatsoever since their early years everyone told them they were "the best".They started believing in their own hype.There is a problem of attitude with the likes of Benzema, Ben Harfa and even Nasri (to a lesser extent).
They need to be more humble and patient cause they have everything to be successful

I have a feeling this Benzema is not a big club player. In the euro 2008 he looked way out of his league. The caf still believed in him eventhough the displays were as shit as they can get. All I have seen is some fast legs and a pretty good shotgun, but nothing to make me say he's ready to play for one of the top 5 clubs in europe.

I have a feeling this Benzema is not a big club player. In the euro 2008 he looked way out of his league. The caf still believed in him eventhough the displays were as shit as they can get. All I have seen is some fast legs and a pretty good shotgun, but nothing to make me say he's ready to play for one of the top 5 clubs in europe.

He reminds me of Cisse

I remember Torres being rubbish for Spain in either the 2006 WC or the 2004 Euro cup. Cant remember which one and afterwards everyone was on redcafe saying that Torres was rubbish and over rated and that Fergie should never sign him. Benzema will be a phenomenon within 2 years and you can quote me on that as I know I am right on this one. I would dearly love if we were the club to groom his talents but I think he will stay at Madrid or else go to Shitty!

He needs time, he moved to R.Madrid a bit quickly.He's still very young and at Euro2008 he was obviously out of his league cause of his age and inexperience.
It's harsh to judge on that tournament

He reminds me of Cisse
In terms of talent he's way ahead of Cissé

I would still love him here. Leading up to last summer, I was virtually sure we would sign him. So I watched about 10 or so of his games from the season. And I got excited.

Was very pissed off when he buggered off to Madrid, but should he want to come here, I think he could be very good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.