Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this Benzema is not a big club player. In the euro 2008 he looked way out of his league. The caf still believed in him eventhough the displays were as shit as they can get. All I have seen is some fast legs and a pretty good shotgun, but nothing to make me say he's ready to play for one of the top 5 clubs in europe.

He needs time, he moved to R.Madrid a bit quickly.He's still very young and at Euro2008 he was obviously out of his league cause of his age and inexperience.
It's harsh to judge on that tournament

Not only what Kouroux said about him being young and inexperienced but do you remember how badly the entire French team played in that tournament? They scored a grand total of 1 goal in 3 matches and only just managed a goalless draw against Romania.. Followed by a 4-1 pounding from the Netherlands & another 2-0 defeat to Italy.. They finished bottom of their group with a -5 goal difference.. Anyway I feel international tournaments are hardly a good stage for a player to establish his true qualities or his lack of.. Anyone can have a great tournament that hardly proves that he is a quality player.. Milan Baros and Dellas from Greece come to mind..

He reminds me of Cisse

Does he now? Cause Benzema reminds me of Fernando Torres..

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema will be a summer target for Manchester United , who hope to sign the Frenchman at a knock down price.

According to the News of the World, Sir Alex Ferguson will renew his interest in the 22 year-old, having failed to sign him last summer.

Manchester United chief executive David Gill recently revealed that the Old Trafford club had a 35m Euros bid turned down before the season began by Lyon, who eventually sold the 22 year-old to Real Madrid for 41m Euros.

"We didn't get Benzema but we did offer 35m Euros," said Gill in a recent interview with the BBC.

Benzema has since scored 7 goals in 21 appearances for Real Madrid so far this season, but has failed to hold down a first eleven spot and it is thought that the Spanish giants will look to sign David Villa in the summer. According to the News of the World, this could lead to an £18m bid from Manchester United for Benzema.

Before joining Real Madrid , Benzema had been in fantastic form for Lyon, scoring 44 goals in two seasons.
:smirk:

Don't need him. Don't want him. He had his chance. He could have insisted on us who had been courting him for years, making our interest clear for all to see, who made a bid and classed him as our number 1 target. Instead he choose to go to Madrid who came in for him in the last minute as their second choice after the Villa deal fell through. Again I would prefer us to get a Hamsik or Gourcuff.

Why would Benz leave the club he wants to play for after one year just because he's yet to get into a scoring rhythm.

Why would Benz leave the club he wants to play for after one year just because he's yet to get into a scoring rhythm.

He may not be given a choice, im sure he personally has no desire to leave but if as is likely Madrid sign David Villa in the summer as well as having Higuain Ronaldo and Raul already on the books then its likely Benzema will have very little matchtime next season and be told they want him out, if thats the case he has very little choice but to find a new club or sit on the bench for 90% of the season.

Always said hed regret making that move.

This is the problem with going to a club like Real Madrid. You have no other option than to become a superstar man right away or your status fades away = you can feck right off.

They buy the players the FM muppets want to see, the dream team from lala-land. It's never going to work because there is no structure in the club. It's like Hollywood, freaking americans are running the club. It's all about showbusiness. Good news for us!

I agree. He had his chance and he showed the way he thinks. Who's to say a good couple of seasons at United and he won't be off to Spain again?

He may not be given a choice, im sure he personally has no desire to leave but if as is likely Madrid sign David Villa in the summer as well as having Higuain Ronaldo and Raul already on the books then its likely Benzema will have very little matchtime next season and be told they want him out, if thats the case he has very little choice but to find a new club or sit on the bench for 90% of the season.

Even if they were to sign Villa this summer, it would make sense to keep Benz because Raul isn't going to be there much longer. They're a big enough club to keep 4 top strikers.

Even if they were to sign Villa this summer, it would make sense to keep Benz because Raul isn't going to be there much longer. They're a big enough club to keep 4 top strikers.

Agreed but in Real Madrids minds both club and fans alike Benzema has already shown to be a flop, there have already been sounds around the club to get rid of him in the summer, as ridiculous as that sounds and quite clearly is in their minds he hasnt scored or performed to the level they predicted and therfore thats enough to warrent selling him for a better player.....just the way the club works really, a very unforgiving bunch who have little to no patience with young players.

Raul might be playing in America next season.

As i said the stupid sod has burnt his bridges with me. Don't want him.

Where's the evidence that Real want Benzema to leave ?

wheres the evidence vidic wants to leave? it don't stop people forming an opinion. I think if there was a chance to sign Villa, madrid would take it personally and then Benezema would have a problem

wheres the evidence vidic wants to leave? it don't stop people forming an opinion. I think if there was a chance to sign Villa, madrid would take it personally and then Benezema would have a problem

Which speaks more to the absurdity of their opinions than anything else. People basing their views on bullshit is nothing new to RedCafe.

Don't talk tosh.

Your enjoying following my comments today aren’t you Brwned....In argumentative mood? But anyway its actually not 'tosh' at all, anyone with a basic understanding of how Benzemas 'progress' has been judged in Madrid this season will tell you the same thing, to say the fans have been unimpressed with him is an understatement, actually id encourage you to read a Madrid online forum if you seek further clarification of this, aswell as the club actively seeking replacements (well replacement in the form of David Villa, that’s also public knowledge in Spain), its been said in Madrid that Benzema was only a stop gap until they Signed Villa anyway, its pretty clear he was second option last summer.

Always am Alfie.

Proper Real Madrid fans are Hispanic. I don't read Spanish particularly well, and I'm sure you're not much different. I've been on Barcelona forums before and their opinions don't in anyway reflect the majority view. From my one and only Spanish link though 'the media are talking bollocks about Benzema and it's hilarious people are buying into it over in England' essentially.

I'm not arguing they don't want Villa, but that's because they want Spanish players and they're always happy to buy big names regardless of how they fit into the team, it doesn't mean Madrid fans think he's flopped. They're not that stupid.

Your enjoying following my comments today aren’t you Brwned....In argumentative mood? But anyway its actually not 'tosh' at all, anyone with a basic understanding of how Benzemas 'progress' has been judged in Madrid this season will tell you the same thing, to say the fans have been unimpressed with him is an understatement, actually id encourage you to read a Madrid online forum if you seek further clarification of this, aswell as the club actively seeking replacements (well replacement in the form of David Villa, that’s also public knowledge in Spain), its been said in Madrid that Benzema was only a stop gap until they Signed Villa anyway, its pretty clear he was second option last summer.

3rd option actually if you take into account that they made a bid for Forlan before they made one for Benzema..

And once again I would like to remind people that Benzema did not snub us or turn us down or chose Real Madrid over us! We put in a bid and it didn't even get accepted.. I doubt Lyon would have allowed us to talk to Benzema or his agent considering that Real put in a massive offer themselves..

We put in a bid and it didn't even get accepted.. I doubt Lyon would have allowed us to talk to Benzema or his agent considering that Real put in a massive offer themselves..

it is hard to know what the truth is. we defo did bid 35million. either Benzema didnt want us or Lyon just wanted more money. it could also be the truth that United just didnt think he was worth that money.

I said at the time to my non united (bitter) mates that going there is a disaster for any young player looking to establish his career and they accused me of being jealous and bitter. They claimed it was the right place for him, they aint saying that now.

David Gill confirmed about two weeks ago that we bid 35m Euros in the summer but Real Madrid had bid 45m Euros. Then there was the fact Benzema apparently wanted to join Real anyway. I think deep down he would have signed for either club!!

Which speaks more to the absurdity of their opinions than anything else. People basing their views on bullshit is nothing new to RedCafe.

exactly and you know there is no such evidence ;)

There's no doubt we've an interest in the player. I doubt him doing not so good at Madrid will come as a suprise to the club who may view it as an opportunity.

However, we'll be monitoring kikos, welbecks, dioufs progress to access if it'd even be worth it so it's anyones guess at the minute

It's an interesting situation. Apparently Madrid fans were confused more than anything when Benzema walked through the door because they were expecting David Villa. Calderon failed to sign him, Perez failed too... His acquisition seems less and less likely every year.

Benzema is a fantastic talent but infront of him he has Higuain and Cristiano which is always going to be difficult, then he has Raul by his shoulder getting sympathy plays.

I understand that it was Karim's dream to play at Real ( the circus ) but I mean I'd never pick Real if I weren't established yet. Look at Anelka ? Look at all the other jokes that never made it there. The only attacking person that has really looked worth the money was Zidane, or maybe Figo in a sense. C.Ronaldo should be up there too but I mean, even Fat Ronaldo was booed there even though we all considered him the best striker in the world. I'd never pick the circus Real, the are just using players to sell their products, not to educate players or gain better skills there.

found this...
Guillem Balague Football Website | Ask Guillem: No Bojan? Benzema Off? Barcelona have a weakness?

BENZEMA MANCHESTER UNITED BOUND?
Hi Guillem, I was wondering if you knew anything about the increased paper reports i see about Benzema heading to Man Utd. I can`t see this myself as Sir Alex has recently said Rooney has become a Centre Forward. I would rather see United try to find a long term replacement for Paul Scholes too and i think we missed an opportunity seeing Sneijder go to Inter. Who all do you think may be leaving Real this summer apart from the obvious Metzelder? Because Raul seems to be making noise and Higuain has been playing so well he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Kenneth McConnell

GUILLEM SAYS: i feel I`m partly to blame for the Benzema story because I broke the exclusive on my website that Manchester United were after him before Real Madrid came knocking last summer. Then, more recently, I happened to ask whether if things didn`t work out for Benzema at Real Madrid - and the club decided to sell him - would Manchester United be interested in having him? It was a genuine question, but since then every week there have been stories about him going back to Manchester United!

In any case, he`s not at his best at Real - he has taken longer than anyone else to adapt. Kaka is also struggling on the pitch but Benzema is struggling on and off it. He will improve because he is only 22 - it`s important the club stays patient with him. But I suspect they will try to get David Villa in the summer, in which case they may need money for Benzema. I haven`t got any concrete proof at the moment that is the case, although there is a rumour in Madrid that Villa is a target.

How the hell has that Spanish idiot made a career out of journalism? He talks absolute horse shit. I wonder if he is an actually a poster on the caf? He, like much of the press, only ever talks in pure speculation and never any facts.
....'there is a rumour in Madrid that Villa is a target' - well blow my sideways, I've not heard that one yet!

I understand that it was Karim's dream to play at Real ( the circus ) but I mean I'd never pick Real if I weren't established yet. Look at Anelka ? Look at all the other jokes that never made it there. I'd never pick the circus Real, the are just using players to sell their products, not to educate players or gain better skills there.

Exactly. That is the same problem Sergio Canales faces. I mean there is no reason for him to move to Madrid before he has become an established player. Both these lads are in their learning process and they should have either stayed in their own clubs for atleast a couple more seasons or should have atleast moved to Arsenal or Man United where they are atleast guaranteed playing time.

Exactly. That is the same problem Sergio Canales faces. I mean there is no reason for him to move to Madrid before he has become an established player. Both these lads are in their learning process and they should have either stayed in their own clubs for atleast a couple more seasons or should have atleast moved to Arsenal or Man United where they are atleast guaranteed playing time.

Or any other more stable clubs.The problem with these young promising strikers is that they wanna achieve everything far too quickly.
Not many young players can replicate the sort of form the likes of Messi and C.Ronaldo did when they were younger, these 2 players should not be taken as examples by younger players as not everyone has their talent

Or any other more stable clubs.The problem with these young promising strikers is that they wanna achieve everything far too quickly.
Not many young players can replicate the sort of form the likes of Messi and C.Ronaldo did when they were younger, these 2 players should not be taken as examples by younger players as not everyone has their talent

Well its not just that they are not as talented as Messi or Ronaldo but everything matters in your growth as a footballer. You need the right team, and more importantly a right coach. You need to pick a team where you will play often in the first team, where you will play there consistently, will be encouraged to play there even if you dont perform well for a few matches. If Benz stayed at Lyon, I m confident he would have started every big game - no questions will be asked. The same thing goes for Canales and Racing.

I think Benz would have started big games here at OT if he was here. I think he has the ability to play upfront alone like Rooney. He definitely would have improved under Ferguson. He is strong and has pace to run at defenders like Rooney, has a crazy shot, has really good technical abilities and his work ethic is good.

Agreed but in Real Madrids minds both club and fans alike Benzema has already shown to be a flop, there have already been sounds around the club to get rid of him in the summer, as ridiculous as that sounds and quite clearly is in their minds he hasnt scored or performed to the level they predicted and therfore thats enough to warrent selling him for a better player.....just the way the club works really, a very unforgiving bunch who have little to no patience with young players.

Totally untrue. Just tabloid bollox intended to fill column inches.

A very good friend of mine is the dollybird for Madrid TV (very beautiful too!). Speak to her often and she tell me all is well, everybody is aware that Benzema is still a developing prospect and that they intend to put him on the same development track as Raul. She says they view him very much as a long term prospect and that as long as he works hard and shows signs that he is realising his potential, he will be at Madrid for a long time. She also said he is very happy in Madrid, is learning Spanish and bought a villa.

Of course things can change very quickly in football but according to her, we have no chance of getting him on the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.