Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, and it's a big if, Vidic wants to leave, then Benzema would not be a bad player to bring in as part of a swap, once we were getting another fair bit on top of that so we could add an extra defender, Kjaer for example.

If, and it's a big if, Vidic wants to leave, then Benzema would not be a bad player to bring in as part of a swap, once we were getting another fair bit on top of that so we could add an extra defender, Kjaer for example.

I wouldn't imagine there's a hope we'd get much money on top of Benzema if that deal happened (which it won't, obviously). Vidic is a top defender, but he's in or around 28, and the idea of a defender being worth the likely £30m they'd want for him isn't one I see happening. If it was going to happen I'd imagine it would be something like Vidic + £5m-ish for Benzema.

is there anything to suggest benzema even wants to play for us?

he wasn't remotely keen last year when he had the chance

out of interest how is Benzema actually fairing at Real Madrid? I heard he has been a bit of a flop. Is that true?

Personally I don't see why people are still interested in a player who had no intention or desire to play for us.

out of interest how is Benzema actually fairing at Real Madrid? I heard he has been a bit of a flop. Is that true?

Personally I don't see why people are still interested in a player who had no intention or desire to play for us.

Yeah, why is that, Tevez's Mum?

Wow, this was one exciting thread in the summer.

All for nothing :o

Meh, I bet for many posters the e-ejaculation was worth it. Why do you think transfer windows are so loved no matter how ridiculous the potential transfer is? It's just an excuse to get it out.

"A mate I know said his mate heard that Iniesta is coming, you know what this means!"

haha...fair play. :D

I was meaning to say why do people still want a player who has no intention of playing for us? I have no desire to see Tevez play for us.

Has Benzema proven his quality at Madrid?

I know you did, fella. Being the small-minded man that I am, I couldn't resist.:)

From what I've seen he's shown glimpses, but nothing more. He has a reasonably decent strike-rate though, so if he gets a bit of form for them he'll do well, I reckon.

"A mate I know said his mate heard that Iniesta is coming, you know what this means!"

OMG no way really?! To the tissue-mobile!
emot-shlick.gif

Yeah this thread was a major anti climax. Benzema will never be at Old Trafford as Real will never sell him as in 2 years he will be the dogs!

I know there is absolutely no chance of it happening, but what does the caf think of a straight swap with Berbatov?

Exactly, people keep saying 'well if vidic dosnt want to be here' yet neither does Benzema!, hes at his 'dream club' hes where he wants to be, he dosnt want to play for us hes made that perfectly clear in the summer and any 'potential' swap deal would be because Madrid thinks hes not good enough for them and hes flopped, not because he wants to come to United.

I want players who want to play for Manchester United and be proud to do so, Benzema will never fall into that category.
Benzema never said he didn't want to play for Man Utd. Indeed, we were one of the few teams he named that he would find hard to say no to. However, he never made any secret of the fact that Real were his number one choice.

If that doesn't work out, we would likely be his #1 choice to get his career back on track (considering the difference between English and Italian football these days).

Do you really think that we were the 'dream club' for every player we've had? The likes of Ole, O'Shea and Rio were all Liverpool supporters growing up, Butt was a City fan, etc. But once here they quickly became Utd players in soul as well as body. The only difference was that Benzema also had the choice of his 'dream club' who are basically at the same level as ourselves.

Thing is dude will be playing under normal circumstances like he was earlier in the season, but Higuain is proving to be one of the best strikers in the world!

These are not normal circumstances! I mean just look at this guy

How do you drop him? Did Benzema make the wrong choice? Maybe, he's easily beter then Berbatov so he would have had all the playing time in the world but one must remember that the coach played Benzema alot originally with Raul, before opting with Higuain and Benzema and Higuain has been without a shadow of doubt the best striker so he must fight for his place but I don't see it happening.

Higuain is slowly becoming a galatico himself, he's being viewed as the new Raul, Madrid took a chance on this lad when he was younger and his development is astounding so for a club who buys so many balondo'r winners, he's a source of real pride. A fan favourite, I don't see how Benzema will get back into this unless Higuain has a serious drop of form or Ronny gets injured.

Yeah this thread was a major anti climax. Benzema will never be at Old Trafford as Real will never sell him as in 2 years he will be the dogs!

Like they did with Anelka?

Wouldn't surprise me if come the summer when they bring in Ribery and Villa that they ship out Benzema at least he'll of got half a season more than Hunterlaar got!

The question is not would Madrid sell the question is would we still be interested after he's flopped massively in Madrid? I think no, we've already moved onto other targets IMO

The question is not would Madrid sell the question is would we still be interested after he's flopped massively in Madrid? I think no, we've already moved onto other targets IMO

Doubt it. One thing about Ferguson and transfer dealings is that once he gets it into his head that he wants a player then he often has tunnel vision and only focuses on securing that player. Seemed to occur with Berbatov and Hargreaves.

Doubt it. One thing about Ferguson and transfer dealings is that once he gets it into his head that he wants a player then he often has tunnel vision and only focuses on securing that player. Seemed to occur with Berbatov and Hargreaves.

Neither of those two snubbed us for another team though, surely his lack of impressing everyone at Madrid will stick in Fergie's mind also

It's time we get back at those cnuts and sign Higuain.

Would love him here to be honest, brilliant player

Alas we've probably got more chance of signing Ronaldo and Kaka than getting him given his form this and last season and the fact that he's keeping Raul out of the team

Neither of those two snubbed us for another team though, surely his lack of impressing everyone at Madrid will stick in Fergie's mind also

Well Berbatov technically did, turning us down in favour of Spurs although he had a good reason in that we were waiting to sell Van Nistelrooy first. Hargreaves spent nearly an entire year on the bench after we tried to sign him first with a history of injury problems which is worse than anything Benzema has done so far. I think Ferguson has also be around long enough to understand that a young player in a new country deserves more than just four months to prove his worth. Think he would jump at a chance to sign Benzema at a cut price.

Having said that I would have preferred Higuain but there's no chance of that happening.

Would love him here to be honest, brilliant player

Alas we've probably got more chance of signing Ronaldo and Kaka than getting him given his form this and last season and the fact that he's keeping Raul out of the team

Sadly true.

I would take Benzema over Higuian any day of the f'kin week. Higuain has had how many seasons at Madrid? maybe 5 or 6? And this is the first season that he has started to show his worth and become a regular in the team.
When you are talking about Benzema you are talking about a player that will be the best striker in the world bar none in 2 or 3 years time. He is that good that is so blindingly obvious. Even our very own Rooney would struggle to get into the Madrid 1st team with Higuain and Ronaldo there. In the same way that many utd fans thought Rooney was not good enough for us before he signed for us and also thought that Ronaldo was never going to be good enough for us either, Benzema fits into that ctegory! Benzema has made enough impact at a young age to almost guarentee that he is going to be a monster footballer when he gets enough first team football.
Madrid would be crazy to sell him unless they need to raise funds for a more mature striker like Villa or Torres instead. I cant see them selling even if they buy Torres over the summer

You mean aside from his scoring 24 goals last season? Higuain is one of the main reasons that Madrid wasn't absolute shit last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.