Music Kanye West

Indeed, both extremes are weird to me. He's not a shit artist nor is he some sort of musical genius. His fans saying things like people only dislike him because of his persona or being out of touch with hip hop are just as weird as those slating him outright. There's loads to like about his discography but at the same time it falls short of the greatest ones.

I also think majority of his fanbois are from the younger generation.

Don't worry, it's normal for old folk to fall out of touch. :p

He's a cnut and his music is shit.

I'm quite happy to reiterate this frequently.

Mate, I just came here to post the exact same sentiment. Complaining about how much of a khunt khuntye is will never be tiring.

I'm pretty indifferent to Kanye and his music (Yeezuz is a brilliant album though, by far his best imo), but I do enjoy how much seethe he creates and he just feeds from it.
IMO Yeezus was terrible, and I still don't understand how anyone can think it's a great project. It was heavily influenced by Death Grips who fall in that industrial music category, but Kanye made the sound more melodic, and credit to him for that because it was a massive risk for a mainstream artist to go down that route. However, it's easily his worst album primarily because the lyrics were amateurish and the album was all over the place - it seemed as though everything was made last minute. I don't mind listening to music without listening to the lyrics. If the production is great, which it was on Yeezus, then fair enough. My problem is that far too many people scrutinised the album and made it out to be some sort of poem. These people told us how the album was deep because it was Kanye vs. the system and how, in a few years time, it will be considered a game changer.

That was sort of the point of Yeezus though, wasn't it? It was basically as close as he'll get to making a punk album. Deliberately slipshod, abrasive, obnoxious, etc.

I get why someone might not like that change but to not understand at all how something with those characteristics can be considered a great project seems strange. A lot of great albums are amateurish and all over the place. In fact a lot of albums are great because they're amateurish and all over the place.

Mate, you're shouting against a brick wall. Moreover, your appeals to reason, and the talents of Kanye, are drowned out by the troglodyte dronings of the uneducated masses.

That was sort of the point of Yeezus though, wasn't it? It was basically as close as he'll get to making a punk album. Deliberately slipshod, abrasive, obnoxious, etc.

I get why someone might not like that change but to not understand at all how something with those characteristics can be considered a great project seems strange. A lot of great albums are amateurish and all over the place. In fact a lot of albums are great because they're amateurish and all over the place.
These were definitely some of the things I liked about.

Here's Lou Reed's review
http://thetalkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/

I actually thought of Loud Reed when I first listened to it.

He is a good rapper. There's this song called Love Lockdown from 808s & Heartbreaks. Not his famous but a very good one. Even Pablo was kinda good.

He is a dick as a person though. His obsession with interrupting people at award functions. Taylor swift in 2010 or so and someone else he almost interrupted last time. Not to mention his antics with Kim. naming his son North West is just cruel.

He is a good rapper. There's this song called Love Lockdown from 808s & Heartbreaks. Not his famous but a very good one. Even Pablo was kinda good.

He is a dick as a person though. His obsession with interrupting people at award functions. Taylor swift in 2010 or so and someone else he almost interrupted last time. Not to mention his antics with Kim. naming his son North West is just cruel.

Yeah that song is good. I actually don't like that album that much though. Not as bad as Yeezus album but still...

He only interrupted once though with Taylor Swift, Not like he does it all the time. What he names his son is up to him :D but it is a stupid name I agree.

North is his daughter. Saint is his son.

he's a flog and if Trump has shown us anything it's that this guy could follow-through and make a run for 2020

This is a whoosh post right.

Anyone here fortunate enough to go to one of his Saint Pablo shows in the US?

The mosh pit under the floating stage makes me jealous of those that experienced it.

Looks a fantastic show.

He said he'll bring it to the UK when he finishes in America, fingers crossed...

It's alright, in my opinion. I really didn't like 808s that much at all. Possibly my least liked Kanye album.

Yeah that song is good. I actually don't like that album that much though. Not as bad as Yeezus album but still...

He only interrupted once though with Taylor Swift, Not like he does it all the time. What he names his son is up to him :D but it is a stupid name I agree.

He kind of interrupted Beck this year? Had to apologise on Twitter

He said he'll bring it to the UK when he finishes in America, fingers crossed...

I've been waiting for the announcement for months. Even passed on the Drake tour because i'm still waiting for that Kanye tour :D

Met him in Moscow a few days ago, he came to our museum, I think he never heard of Stalin before, would make a great politician!
Really charismatic though.

Met him in Moscow a few days ago, he came to our museum, I think he never heard of Stalin before, would make a great politician!
Really charismatic though.

Tell us more... Did you have to cordon off sections so he and his posse could get through undisturbed?

Not surprised he wouldn't know about Stalin though.

Tell us more... Did you have to cordon off sections so he and his posse could get through undisturbed?

Not surprised he wouldn't know about Stalin though.
Nah. It was Monday, we're closed for the visitors, he called our PR director and asked if he can visit our Rodchenko's exhibition in like 5 minutes after the call :lol:
He was with the Russian designer Gosha Rubchinskiy and a whole bunch of teenagers (the usual case for Rubchinskiy, he is a strange one), we assumed that they were planning on doing a collection together.
He asked us not to post any pictures until Tuesday but he was spotted by the paparazzi in a bar later that night anyway.

No Kim though!