Music Kanye West

Some artists run out of ideas and others don't put the effort in. You get the sense that he's too big for his own good now in terms of making music. Do you get the view that he'll take much opinions on board with his latest projects? Kanye can do what he wants and it'll generate enough of a split that it'll be viewed as an album that divides opinion.

The first time I heard Ultralight Beam i thought the album would be great, but theres so much self-indulgent filler tracks to the level that it's not enjoyable. There are some really good moments but they're drowned out by unnecessary attempts to sound revolutionary or interesting. I got a similar feeling from Blond ffs! At least with Yeezus Kanye seemed to have a general focus in mind.

If I had my own way an album wouldn't exceed 14 tracks.

He's called slavery a choice and said anyone he speaks to is his therapist. He's gone.

He claimed to be on the brink of bankruptcy just before his last album for publicity. No coincidence that he’s just announced a new album is about to drop, along with some other collab projects. Nothing to see here, Kanye gonna Kanye.

He claimed to be on the brink of bankruptcy just before his last album for publicity. No coincidence that he’s just announced a new album is about to drop, along with some other collab projects. Nothing to see here, Kanye gonna Kanye.

Even the most charitable interpretation would have him being disgustingly offensive to a massive chunk of his fan-base, for publicity. So quite a step beyond pretending to be bankrupt. There’s no interpretation of this where he isn’t a prick.

These comments aside. it seems pretty clear that he is of a conservative mentality i.e. that he thinks he deserves his elevated position in society due to his talent and endeavour. I don't doubt that he admires the likes of Trump and his take what I want outlook.

These comments aside. it seems pretty clear that he is of a conservative mentality i.e. that he thinks he deserves his elevated position in society due to his talent and endeavour. I don't doubt that he admires the likes of Trump and his take what I want outlook.

As Kanye said on TMZ, a lot of rap artists have looked up to Trump before he became president.

You can see why. Trump’s ostentatious wealth fitted right in with the brash, I’m fecking loaded, aesthetic of certain elements of hip hop. I mean, the man had a skyscraper named after him, with a gold plated lift. That’s pretty fecking gangsta.

Where Kanye fecked up was in being so out of touch with black America that he still thinks it’s ok to suck up to him, now that he’s become an uber-conservative POTUS, shitting on everything Obama tried to do for the poor and siding with white supremacists over BLM. The slavery comments are straight up mental, mind you.

Last edited:
Kanye has needed help for an awful long time. Even Mel Gibson seems to be more in-check than this guy.

It's tough to separate art from the artist now. He's just a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime and I don't give two shits about his songs anymore.

He's called slavery a choice and said anyone he speaks to is his therapist. He's gone.

Did you see the clip? Bloody awkward. You can almost see his face/brain realising what his mouth was saying a second too late. Got called out by someone in studio as well.

I don’t think I’ve seen someone have more excuses made for them than Kanye, maybe Trump ironically.

Kanye just saying outrageous shit because he thinks he is some messiah/prophet etc. Every time he is quoted, given air time on TMZ, it's just building him up.

He needs professional help.

I always wonder what professional help you can give someone that is living in such a different world? Married into a family that have literally been in front of camera since the age of 10, one of the biggest celebrities, having so much money, has millions of people defending every word he says no matter how fecking stupid. How do you help ground someone like that?

I always wonder what professional help you can give someone that is living in such a different world? Married into a family that have literally been in front of camera since the age of 10, one of the biggest celebrities, having so much money, has millions of people defending every word he says no matter how fecking stupid. How do you help ground someone like that?

He's still talking about his mother's passing. If I remember correctly he went crazy once before around the time of her death anniversary as well. There's professionals who can help with grief counselling.

It's true the other stuff you mentioned is probably beyond help though.

He's still talking about his mother's passing. If I remember correctly he went crazy once before around the time of her death anniversary as well. There's professionals who can help with grief counselling.

It's true the other stuff you mentioned is probably beyond help though.

Makes you think the amount of crap majority of people think and say in the real-world but get instantly called out on - rightly so in most cases. Celebrity world the number of followers are huge that there will still be millions who back you up. Living in a bubble.

Van Lathan was spot on in his response.

To be honest, as a long time Kanye fan, he has been slowly losing it for quite some time now I would say. I mean this is the man who went from talking about his girlfriend who was there with him before the money to marrying Kim Kardashian. The man who sang Jesus walks then ends up calling himself Yeezus and saying he’s never going to hell.

If you just look at his music, it kinda shows he’s been becoming unhinged since after MBDTF. Nothing really surprises me about what he says anymore, but that slavery comment is some unreal nonsense.

It's tough to separate art from the artist now. He's just a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime and I don't give two shits about his songs anymore.

I will never understand this. "Can't tell me nothing" still bumps in the whip.

This goes to what happens when we elevate artists beyond what they make. To think that #kanye2020 was a thing a few years ago. Idiots make great art too. Stop worshipping them and maybe you won't be disappointed when they say/do feck shit. (Not you, just a general point)

Shit. Just realized I made this thread 8 years ago. OP still checks out. Remove all the feck shit (of which there is a lot...). Plus he didn't even release MBDTF yet.

This goes to what happens when we elevate artists beyond what they make. To think that #kanye2020 was a thing a few years ago. Idiots make great art too. Stop worshipping them and maybe you won't be disappointed when they say/do feck shit. (Not you, just a general point)

They always say you should never meet your heroes, sadly due to the internet we meet them everyday.

This is a good point. Idiots and sexual predators. Woody Allen being a creep doesn't mean you should stop watching his movies. I listen to a great podcast by a bloke called Blindboy Boatclub. His solution to discovering your heroes have feet of clay is to keep enjoying their art but stop paying for it. He loves the music of R Kelly but only ever illegally downloaded his stuff once the stories came out about him being a monster. I reckon that's pretty solid logic.

Has anyone listened to his new song? 1 min 56 secs in. Can’t decide if it’s the work of a madman or a genius. ‘Whoop, scoop, scoopy de poop whoop”

Has anyone listened to his new song? 1 min 56 secs in. Can’t decide if it’s the work of a madman or a genius. ‘Whoop, scoop, scoopy de poop whoop”

I assume its a joke song but the sample and drums are incredible...then that comes in.

Very much still looking forward to his new album, noone should give a shite about his political opinions...if you go to Kanye for politics you need to start questioning yourself.

Also he's producing Pusha T and Nas' new albums. Going to be incredible.

I think the answer is pretty obvious. He hasn't done anything genuinely good for a long, long time now. Social media, his reputation and a stagnant music environment keep him relevant. In another era he would have been long forgotten about by now.

I think the answer is pretty obvious. He hasn't done anything genuinely good for a long, long time now. Social media, his reputation and a stagnant music environment keep him relevant. In another era he would have been long forgotten about by now.

Meh. Don't think the era has anything to do with it, a lot of artists in the past were remembered and hyped long after they did anything good too. Hell, some get remembered without doing anything good even once. 'Tis just the way the world works.

Is there a bigger attention seeker than Kanye West? The man will do anything for headlines when he's got an album coming out.

This moron is going to have a meltdown and get put on suicide watch again before he completes production on the Cudi album I've been desperately looking forward to.:mad:

"The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. 'I don't understand this person so they're crazy'. That's bullshit! These people are not crazy; they're strong people. Maybe their environment is a little sick." - Dave Chappelle

Is this peak stupidity?

DcNlEPVW4AAkKOa.jpg

I kinda get what he was trying to say although it is still totally ignorant .

He is saying if he was a slave he would have rebelled and not just took it and compared himself to black heros who did rebel against slavery .

In a way it's like when Mark Wahlburg said if he was on one of the 911 planes things would have been different .

Both statements are stupid ignorant and completely disrespectful and that is what Kanye is guilty off .

He is not the first rap artist to say dumb stuff , freedom got an ak by the da lench mob covers the same ground as his slavery comments but kanye does tend to say dumb stuff a lot .

The best reply iv seen to this so far is by Wendell Pierce from the wire he wrote a few tweets today which really went at Kanye .

Kanye West is an absolute self important, pretentious, boring, weirdo arse cnut of the highest order. His stupid head annoys me.

His music is shite these days too.

He's mentally ill and needs help.

Disgusting really how media take advantage for clicks and views but that's capitalism for you.

Saying slavery was a choice is a really tough one and I'm not even black so I can't possibly imagine what it must've felt like to hear that from that point of view.