Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

One thing for sure is that he's nowhere not as good as he thinks he is or the media will have you believe he is.

He's kind of bought into his own hype after such a great start at Real.

With England, it feels like Bellingham/Foden/Palmer is becoming the new Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, possibly. Real might be experiencing something similar with Bellingham, Vinícius and Mbappé all wanting to be the Ballon d'Or worthy star.

He's kind of bought into his own hype after such a great start at Real.

With England, it feels like Bellingham/Foden/Palmer is becoming the new Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, possibly. Real might be experiencing something similar with Bellingham, Vinícius and Mbappé all wanting to be the Ballon d'Or worthy star.
Honestly for England he was clashing with Kane for role.

As mentioned last year. Real Madrid is just to big for him and he should be playing in lesser league or smaller clubs. Got a lot to learn. Two months form he had when he arrived was hiding his true quality.

His biggest qualities are not with ball at his feet, which is damning for a midfielder, unless played in certain systems which by design shouldn't be able to produce long term results.

Unless he improves, and he may as he is still young player, i don't see him reaching the very top level in his generation.

Simply put, midfielder with his characteristics could never be ahead of someone like Pedri for example. I mean, it is like comparing Gerrard/Lampard with Xavi/Pirlo.

They may be better in lot of things, but esentially, midfield led by Xavi or Pirlo will end up running rings around the one led by Gerrard or Lampard.

Last edited:
Can’t believe people thought this guy was better than Pedri.

He doesn’t control a thing like the Spanish maestro. Bellingham is a hard working moments player.

As mentioned last year. Real Madrid is just to big for him and he should be playing in lesser league or smaller clubs. Got a lot to learn. Two months form he had when he arrived was hiding his true quality.

I don't think he won La Liga player of the year off two good months only.

Every time he does any action in a match he looks up to the screen hoping to see himself.

Told you he is the new Dele Ali.
That’s actually what I was referring to him as because I thought Madrid was ruining him last year. He went from being a dominant future force box to box to a guy that just seems like he wants to arrive in the box late for cutbacks and headers.

So England capitulates and makes him the no 10. And it was a disaster. He isn’t that guy.

And Madrid know he isn’t that guy. So now he’s stuck out on the wing? That screams of trying to justify putting him on the field at all.

He needs fixing.

He is working fine. His position had changed since last year.
I think he is obsessed/anxious about not scoring goals.

Those kind of nominations or prizes have nothing to do with reality.

They do, most of the time. He was La Liga's best player last season mate, that's the reality. Claiming he only had two good months isn't. He also won POTY in Bundesliga before and he wasn't a superstar back then. We don't have to erase players' achievements earned on the pitch just because we believe they're overhyped.

He is working fine. His position had changed since last year.
I think he is obsessed/anxious about not scoring goals.
I think that people are making him out to be much better than he actually is.

Last edited:
They do, most of the time. He was La Liga's best player last season mate, that's the reality. Claiming he only had two good months isn't. He also won POTY in Bundesliga before and he wasn't a superstar back then. We don't have to erase players' achievements earned on the pitch just because we believe they're overhyped.

He did but that wasn't really deserved either but becquse of hype. Wasn't even the best player in Dortmund in my opinion. That said I think that hype is now working against him and he's criticized too heavily

Not really, he's been wank for ages.
Don’t watch every match so can’t comment on his performances for RM. But based on the Euro’s he did appear to me to be a moments players.

That type of player can go for ages living off of past stats in England. But in Spain : Italy etc they tend to look beyond stats. And once your assists / goals drop off they quickly drop you.

One of the reasons Bale was never really appreciated at RM, despite his many key moments. Also look at many of the great legendary midfielders from La Liga Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta very low goal and assist stats legends in Spain. Can only imagine if they played in England we’d have pundits talking about “need more goals and assists to be world class”

reading the comments made me think of Dele Alli. Bellingham is better than that obviously..

He is still good at what he is good at despite a dip in form, and will be an impressive attacking midfielder for years but in my opinion one of the most dislikeable personalities in football at the moment and I take personal pleasure in seeing his ego get bruised

Also nowhere near the complete midfielder he was poised to be but I think most people realise that by now. I'd call him an more athletic Frank Lampard with worse creativity

Last edited:
Bellingham over performed last season, but he's still a top quality player. Maybe just shy of world class level.

He was perhaps a little overrated based on an extremely long purple patch, but nowhere near to the extent that this thread would have you believe.

All players suffer dips in form, and Bellingham's no longer in the flase nine position that he had so much joy in last season.

As usual, posters here are taking their narrative way too far

Bellingham over performed last season, but he's still a top quality player. Maybe just shy of world class level.

He was perhaps a little overrated based on an extremely long purple patch, but nowhere near to the extent that this thread would have you believe.

All players suffer dips in form, and Bellingham's no longer in the flase nine position that he had so much joy in last season.

As usual, posters here are taking their narrative way too far

The problem is, he is specifically a false nine player that was packaged as a complete midfielder. Which he is not.

Not scored a goal in the league this season. He just looks shot.
People tend to forget just how young Bellingham is. I outlined energy management is his biggest flaw and weakness last year, hoping his handlers would step in and try and guide him some, but he still has no idea how to manage 90min with control of his output. It’s fantastic when fresh and firing, but once that fatigue bar fills, the run-on is a problem with a player who will be running on fumes earlier and earlier in subsequent matches. Bellingham has looked like a lesser and lesser version of himself since coming back from injury last season - he was fecked at the Euros, running around aimlessly and his recovery window since simply wasn’t enough, so he’s entering a new season flat still with the aimless running in tow.

They’re going to have to get a handle on that and better frame his energy expenditure whilst he’s still young and malleable enough to make the necessary adjustments.

Don’t get me wrong. While I do see talent he is no big club player yet. He needs to work hard for couple of years to become one. For me, he has nothing to do in Madrid. He needs to play in teams that are not top clubs. His Bundesliga career was overrated in my opinion. Did well but was nowhere near best player.