Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Nico Schulz who is clubless since last year. Have to say Bellingham was harsh but fair on this one

Regardless of Nico having a big drop off since joining Dortmund (had injury issues as well), that is not the way to talk to your teammate, especially coming from a 19 year old who hasn't achieved anything himself. Schulz didn't even play that badly in the game as well.

Maybe I’m wrong but at least now, after the tournament the hype will calm down a bit.

Nico having a big drop off since joining Dortmund (had injury issues as well)

Schulz is a free agent after his domestic violence case, I believe he was charged with aggravated assault after Borussia Dortmund terminated his contract in July 2023. Very similar case with Alexander Zverev.

Normally I hate on him but he's done more than Kane and Foden and had his moments in the final whereas the other 2 did almost nothing.

Poor man's Dele Alli at times.

Without goals you can see he is just not a good footballer and doesn't add much to the team. When his goals dry up he'll be out the Madrid team.

Reminds me of dele alli as player. He's a second striker I think. Don't think he's a midfielder or a 10. Needs to be getting into the box just of a main striker.

I think you gotta set the team up around him or it' not gonna work. He's obviously got qualities you can utilise.

Southgate's weird formation to shoehorn him and Foden never looked like working, the fact he persisted with it until the final is quite incredible

Bellingham had no pace in front of him, no width to the side of him. Rice and Mainoo weren't in the game enough to supply him. He was basically feeding off scraps from long balls.

is it any wonder he was ineffective? I'm not sure what people are expecting

I think he can be whatever he wants such is the ability but like any young player, a manager and his staff have to get a grip of him. Constant reminders about the basics of team play, curbing that instinct he has to be the star of the show.

Super impressed by him, his functional technique is just awesome, so versatile.

Watched him more at Dortmund and preferred that version of Bellingham a lot more than the Real Madrid - match winner version. I think that England need the Dortmund version a lot more than the Real Madrid one, and if you use him like Real Madrid does, just bin Foden.

It doesn't really surprise me but feck the English media love tearing down their players. Zero need to print this article other than headlines. Should be standing behind their players.
That's partly why England never win anything.

Super impressed by him, his functional technique is just awesome, so versatile.

Watched him more at Dortmund and preferred that version of Bellingham a lot more than the Real Madrid - match winner version. I think that England need the Dortmund version a lot more than the Real Madrid one, and if you use him like Real Madrid does, just bin Foden.
Spot on. Ancelotti's move with Bellingham made sense at the time but for the long run maybe it's also better for them if he starts playing further back.
Some of the criticism of him here is ridiculous. Makes you doubt the football IQ of some people here.

Spot on. Ancelotti's move with Bellingham made sense at the time but for the long run maybe it's also better for them if he starts playing further back.
Some of the criticism of him here is ridiculous. Makes you doubt the football IQ of some people here.
It really doesn't. He's an attacker, we should keep playing him in attack. He really doesn't offer anything further back we can't get from our midfielders, while losing his attacking impact? Nonsense

It really doesn't. He's an attacker, we should keep playing him in attack. He really doesn't offer anything further back we can't get from our midfielders, while losing his attacking impact? Nonsense
You’re not going to have space up front for him without messing up the diamond or benching someone major. So not nonsense and time will tell

It will be really hard for him to keep this attitude if he doesn't deliver. Cristiano Ronaldo has a body of work that dwarfs Bellingham and he still gets a lot of criticism for how he comes across when he doesn't deliver. If you are going to be arrogant and self-centered and hog the headlines, it's a double edged sword. When you deliver, people will interpret everything you do as part of why you're great. But the second you don't deliver, the question will be "why do we have to tolerate your nonsense?". The kid is bringing too much pressure on himself so let's hope for his sake he can back it up.

You’re not going to have space up front for him without messing up the diamond or benching someone major. So not nonsense and time will tell
We bench Rodrygo. Pretty obvious

Pogba and Billingham have similar skill set. Learn something new every day.
Don't know this Billingham player who you speak about but the two I'm referring to are both strong, yet silky smooth dribblers in midfield who progress the ball really well which is rare in midfield, they both have a penchant for wonder passes and goals. Pogba is a bit more of a passer while Bellingham is a bit more of a late arriving goal scorer. However, they both flourish more in a free role. I reiterate they do have similar skill sets

It is qite impressive that media have still found a way to make a black player a scapegoat for England coming away empty handed from a tournament, forget the reactive tactics of southgate or kane woeful tournament where we were basically playing with 10 men

I think you gotta set the team up around him or it' not gonna work. He's obviously got qualities you can utilise.

Southgate's weird formation to shoehorn him and Foden never looked like working, the fact he persisted with it until the final is quite incredible

Bellingham had no pace in front of him, no width to the side of him. Rice and Mainoo weren't in the game enough to supply him. He was basically feeding off scraps from long balls.

is it any wonder he was ineffective? I'm not sure what people are expecting

isn't that true for most world class players as well ?

isn't that true for most world class players as well ?

Perhaps but regardless it makes sense, at the very least, to play your attacking talents in a position and formation that suits them. feck knows what Soutgate was doing but it certainly wasn't that. He just seemed hell-bent on starting Jude and Foden in every game despite the fact it clearly wasn't working.

Felt for Saka too as he's wasted as wing back.

I reckon quite a few of these England players will be secretly glad to see the back of Southgate.

Caught a couple of headlines about him on the Dailymail and The Mirror websites which seem hell bent on making him the villain. Pretty pathetic.

Never been an attacker until he reached Real Madrid. Fair enough he's been great as an attacker for you, but how is this true?

Never been an attacker until he reached Real Madrid. Fair enough he's been great as an attacker for you, but how is this true?

He was used that way for Dortmund in his final season, relieving him of defensive duties and joining attack like Bruno Fernandes etc

He's great. The opposite of a problem .. in the final he covered ground, won duels, had some really slick moments. I thought he just got frustrated being so damn isolated and with Spain having so much dominance in midfield. Hard to blame him for that at all.

He's a very athletic midfielder with moments of magic in him and still loads of time to mature and improve. Of course when we're talking Ballon d'or and new Zidane and other nonsense he's being massively overhyped and overrated but this is just standard media rubbish where any player in form is the new shiny toy. This England team is hugely dysfunctional and I thought he still looked very bright in patches and he still had two match winning moments and other flashes. This is all you can expect when you have premier league player of the year winners doing nothing the entire tournament.

I think he does need to to work on his off the ball work defensively (if he is going to be used as a true box to box) and he does need ensure he doesn't get caught up in his own hype but the talent is obviously top, top tier.

He was used that way for Dortmund in his final season, relieving him of defensive duties and joining attack like Bruno Fernandes etc
They were playing Can, Brandt, and Bellingham in midfield. Can wasn't the only one with defensive duties, he still played box-to box.

Literally all of his best qualities, the things that make him one of the best players in the world, come to the fore in the final third. He's great at crushing the box, great final pass, great finishing, dribbling in tight spaces, etc. Drop him further back and he's essentially a slightly worse version of Fede Valverde. Which is still a great player but quite simply not a particularly special one