Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Couldn't beat Mainz on the last matchday to win the title in 2023, without Bellingham.
Then, after that, they got what they wanted in Bellingham leaving, and he went on to win the double with Madrid whilst they dropped off massively domestically.

He's a great player, balls of steel to do that overhead kick. England owe him for being in the tournament. It's on fecking Safegate to get the best out of him.

Will he like being constantly in the shadow of Kylian also now?

Surely much less of him getting the goals/plaudits.
He will have to prove it on the field. Whether he is overrated or not, it ends up falling apart when the stats don't go with it.
As far as I'm concerned, they can kill themselves as long as they win. He has to fight to establish himself in the elite and survive, and today objectively when the team was eliminated he came up with a great goal.
Maybe in England he has the label of arrogant, in Madrid he is the perfect kid and will outlive Mbappe.

He will have to prove it on the field. Whether he is overrated or not, it ends up falling apart when the stats don't go with it.
As far as I'm concerned, they can kill themselves as long as they win. He has to fight to establish himself in the elite and survive, and today objectively when the team was eliminated he came up with a great goal.
Maybe in England he has the label of arrogant, in Madrid he is the perfect kid and will outlive Mbappe.

The other thing is that Dortmund are obviously a stepping stone club and Real are a destination club.

He might want to be seen as the big fish while he's in the small pond, but he's probably going to accept whatever the club needs from him to keep playing regularly and winning major trophies now he's at his club for the next x number of years.

The other thing is that Dortmund are obviously a stepping stone club and Real are a destination club.

He might want to be seen as the big fish while he's in the small pond, but he's probably going to accept whatever the club needs from him to keep playing regularly and winning major trophies now he's at his club for the next x number of years.
Are Real Madrid big enough for Jude Bellingham?

I think the criticism is a bit over the top and down to wrong expectations. He was never going to be an elite creator who constantly puts the opponent's defense under pressure through world class dribblings and/or passes like, say, Hazard or de Bruyne. Instead, he does a lot of things at a high but not absolutely elite level (chance creation, ball retention under pressure, build up, counterpressing, classic defending, ...) while probably being the most goal-threatening central midfielder in the world, especially in decisive moments. He actually reminds me a bit of the young Ballack. England is very lucky to have him in the team.

That being said, shouting "who else" after scoring is indeed very cringey.

I’ve seen great players for England. Most I’d consider better all round players than Jude. I’ve never seen any display as much arrogance on the field as Jude manages through some rather mixed performances.

England more than most countries rewards success and punishes failure defined by moments (a winning goal = MOTM praise and a penalty miss or red card justifies burnt effigies)

Jude was decidedly poor this game. He does a lot of the same things Bruno gets stick for from the English press.

I think the criticism is a bit over the top and down to wrong expectations. He was never going to be an elite creator who constantly puts the opponent's defense under pressure through world class dribblings and/or passes like, say, Hazard or de Bruyne. Instead, he does a lot of things at a high but not absolutely elite level (chance creation, ball retention under pressure, build up, counterpressing, classic defending, ...) while probably being the most goal-threatening central midfielder in the world, especially in decisive moments. He actually reminds me a bit of the young Ballack. England is very lucky to have him in the team.

14eb0900-65ce-11ee-9f3d-d30bb9a88d52.jpg

Great goal. Average performance. Cringe celebration, but whatever, that must be one hell of a rush.

He does come across as very hard to like for me. But I doubt he'll lose too much sleep over our arms length relationship.

Big moment player. Also very full of himself. Maybe that’s what it takes.

The 21 year old who just won the League and Champions league with Real Madrid as their main man seemed a bit full of himself after scoring a bicycle kick in the last minute to keep England in the Euros?

Seems fair.

You'll be suggesting retiring a shirt in his honour next.

Some way to go to prove he's a better player than Keane, Scholes, Giggs etc.

Well yeah he doesn't play for us.

If he did the fanfare would be absolutely mental because he's brilliant and English and we are in a complete downturn as a club. Great players always stand out more then.

Fantastic goal . I feel bad that I've been critical . It's not him , he's an outstanding player , I just don't think we are currently using him to his maximum .

Both his goals have been goals you expect from a worldy striker , who plays as a striker.

Agree with this. People are expecting some dynamite elite in all phases type player and when they see he's not that it's just constant "overrated" screams and hate watching. He's pretty clearly has elite goalscoring instincts for a "midfielder" which is why he tends to find himself in the box so often, but every other aspect of his game is just "pretty good" and he stacks excellent athleticism on top of it. It makes him a very good player, but not a highlight reel type where kids can make montages of all of the incredible stuff he does. Ballack is actually a good shout honestly, because some have said Lampard but he's far more athletic and not really the creator Lampard was.

I also think it's pretty clear that this amoeba attack with him, Kane, and Foden all next to each other just nullifies each of them equally, especially without some deeper players being able to feed them the ball through the lines constantly. Jude seems like the easiest one to fit into any side, which is why I've said Foden and Kane should be dropped (or at minimum one of them). If England can force teams to respect their threat in behind more and open up some of that space in transition Jude will look far better.

Bellingham isn't arrogant, he just absolutely hates to lose... Similar to CR7. Jude can be mature and friendly in interviews but after moving to Real Madrid his on-pitch demeanor brings to mind Ronaldo in his early 20s when he was at Utd & RM. Recall the unnecessary stepovers then going down easily demanding a foul if he felt the slightest breeze or contact and the petulant whining if the referee waved play on. Jude also raised his clutchness like Ronaldo once he joined RM from BVB, he plays like he's a born winner and cannot lose, as if the feeling of losing absolutely devastates him such that he will drag his team to victory even if his legs are gone. Ronaldo was often wasteful and annoying in his stepover days and Jude's "arrogance" is nowhere near as big of a deal as some claim. He relishes helping in defence, tackles, intercepts despite scoring goals... What Jude needs to do is focus on longevity, injury prevention (not riling up his opponents may help), and fitness the way Ronaldo has done because his clutch mentality and absolute hatred of losing is very rare in English players.

Folks shouldn't expect a 20-21yo to be a finished article, his coaches are still trying him out in different positions to see the impact. Jude is also playing with a shoulder injury that requires surgery, his performances have been nigh unrecognisable since his shoulder dislocation and he's in desperate need of rest but despite the fatigue he's still pulled off another clutch last minute goal like he did at RM. England's next gaffer needs to get the best out of Jude (and Foden) while he still carries a semi-delusional Messiah complex to believe he was born to drag England to victory :lol:

I actually think he should be our future captain.

Too young for it now but ive changed my mind from Rice being our captain to Bellingham.

There's something about him that makes me think of Gerrard when he was Captain of Liverpool.

Can get a goal when necessary out of nowhere and get the team running.

Last edited:
The 21 year old who just won the League and Champions league with Real Madrid as their main man seemed a bit full of himself after scoring a bicycle kick in the last minute to keep England in the Euros?

Seems fair.

It's a narrative that has been following him since his Dortmund days. Teammates were kind of annoyed by how full of himself he was.

He seems to be very arrogant.
If he played for United, media would put him in the trashbin by now, Last minute equalizer or not

His profiling is all wrong, he isn't a midfielder, he is attacker and plays like one.

I guess people will always find ways to get upset without valid reason. Great goal, great celebration. Some of the English supporters aren't supporters at all. Entitled gloryhunters. Complain during qualifiers or Nations league, but support your team in the tournament instead of boos.
England fans glory hunters?!

Christ :lol: