Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

His physique is extremely impressive as well as his skills. He has the selfishness of a natural striker. England should drop Kane and just play him up front. I thought he showed a good attitude yesterday and was actually looking to impact the game while everyone else in an England shirt just looked bemused.

It's increasingly clear both him and Kane are in quite bad shape. Kane moves like he's carrying a piano while Jude doesn't seem to have more than 1 half in his legs. That Southgate has decided to just rely on then to win games instead of looking at all the talent he brought to Germany is mental. It has worked so far, but only just. It won't against good opponents

He seems to be very arrogant.
If he played for United, media would put him in the trashbin by now, Last minute equalizer or not

This over the top arrogance is seen with both Bellingham and Foden. The problem is that Foden hasn't shown anything to back it up on international stage.

Trippier should have slapped Foden across the face for having the balls to overtake him for a free kick yesterday late in the game. Who the feck does he think he is? Arrogant little prick.

He seems to be very arrogant.
If he played for United, media would put him in the trashbin by now, Last minute equalizer or not

I actually went into this thread to see if it really was just me who thought he was arrogant. But I can see that others think the same.
But why exactly?

As far as I'm concerned, when I see him in interviews, it's why I perceive him as arrogant, but if I'm honest, it's hard to put my finger on exactly why.

His profiling is all wrong, he isn't a midfielder, he is attacker and plays like one.

Yep. He doesn’t have the intelligence or discipline to play midfield. Him trying to do that role and having star-man syndrome has been one of England’s issues.

I just think it's another case of footballers not being able to win as far as fan perception goes. Build them up, tear them down and all that.

Fans go on and on about 'winning mentality'. Bellingham has it. He's 21 and already the key player for a La Liga and CL winning team. He's obviously hugely gifted, but sometimes he contributes to games where he's not playing that well through sheer force of will. He has tunnel-vision dedication to success, and iron-clad self belief.

So yes, of course he's arrogant. It's the same treatment Bruno gets for being a 'sore loser'. What did you think 'winning mentality' meant?

Arrogance is fine if you can deliver and he has this season is general.

Kane and Foden have been the biggest passengers for me. Kane looks like he’s retired and playing at soccer aid and Foden I just think is wildly overrated - in a team with stacked players in every position, unlimited money, a top manager and set system, sure he’s great but in this kind football where you really have to do stuff yourself or force things to happen, especially when Southgate is in charge, he can’t do it.

I just think it's another case of footballers not being able to win as far as fan perception goes. Build them up, tear them down and all that.

Fans go on and on about 'winning mentality'. Bellingham has it. He's 21 and already the key player for a La Liga and CL winning team. He's obviously hugely gifted, but sometimes he contributes to games where he's not playing that well through sheer force of will. He has tunnel-vision dedication to success, and iron-clad self belief.

So yes, of course he's arrogant. It's the same treatment Bruno gets for being a 'sore loser'. What did you think 'winning mentality' meant?

I don't mind winning mentality.

I just think Bellingham is a bit weird when he starts going on about how fans are essentially talking shit. England have been shit, Bellingham has been shit. 95th min goal against Slovakia, first attempt on target, Slovakia were pretty much a minute away from knocking England out. If the throw in hadn't resulted in something, that would've most likely been it. It's not exactly the time to be bigging things up as if fans talking trash about Englands performances have been shown up, is it?

It's shades of Moyes after our win against Olympiacos.

Love this lad so much.

complete opposite to my feelings towards the guy. Self centred arrogant selfish prick is more in line to what I think. I do believe he stopping England playing as a team because he wants to be centre stage all the time.

although I also agree there are many other factors England not playing carol but he’s definitely one of the factors

I honestly think just a little humility would go a long way for him. None of the criticism the team has received so far has been unfair, but he’s reacting like the whole country is out to get them for no reason.

He’s not played well generally but is somehow still the difference between Englans being in or out.

British people just hate seeing confident people do well. The best athletes in the world have to have unwavering confidence, it’s part of the reason they are where they are. It’s why I’ve never understood the criticism of Ronaldo’s narcissistic tendencies. It’s made him the player he is and every fan should want those traits in their players.

Good as he is, he wasn't THE key to our season, first of its a team effort, but if we are to boil it down to one player, Vinicius was the best overall performer, I'd say.

I honestly think just a little humility would go a long way for him. None of the criticism the team has received so far has been unfair, but he’s reacting like the whole country is out to get them for no reason.

He’s not played well generally but is somehow still the difference between Englans being in or out.

He needs ETH as manager to teach him how to be humble like he did with Sancho.

Unfortunately, he has Ancelotti as a manager and he will probably remain a superstar footballer.

Good as he is, he wasn't THE key to our season, first of its a team effort, but if we are to boil it down to one player, Vinicius was the best overall performer, I'd say.

That's very fair. I suppose I was speaking loosely. Still up there as one of the top 2/3 performers in his debut season though, carrying your goalscoring for the first half of the season and finishing as top scorer.

Not having a little humility might be the reason he can do what he does on a football pitch, though. Why should we care whether he's likeable or not?

He needs ETH as manager to teach him how to be humble like he did with Sancho.

Unfortunately, he has Ancelotti as a manager and he will probably remain a superstar footballer.
That's a weird take. Maybe its just to take a wee dig at ETH out of nothing. Its obvious Bellingham is a pure professional, on the other hand Sancho is not.

His post match comments are cringe though tbh.

I don't mind winning mentality.

I just think Bellingham is a bit weird when he starts going on about how fans are essentially talking shit. England have been shit, Bellingham has been shit. 95th min goal against Slovakia, first attempt on target, Slovakia were pretty much a minute away from knocking England out. If the throw in hadn't resulted in something, that would've most likely been it. It's not exactly the time to be bigging things up as if fans talking trash about Englands performances have been shown up, is it?

It's shades of Moyes after our win against Olympiacos.

I think we hold these players to a superhuman standard of self restraint. If as a 21-year-old an entire nation's media was universally proclaiming that you and your teammates were a national embarrassment, and then you scored an extra-time bicycle kick equaliser and went on to win the game, you don't think there's a chance you might say something vaguely sparky to the press after the game?

At the same time, remember, you're expected to have the kind of bullet-proof self-belief and confidence to be one of the key players for perhaps the world's greatest football team in your debut season at the age of 20/21.

And his comments in the presser are so fecking mild, as well.

That's a weird take. Maybe its just to take a wee dig at ETH out of nothing. Its obvious Bellingham is a pure professional, on the other hand Sancho is not.

His post match comments are cringe though tbh.

Perhaps you missed that my comment is also a dig at the fans who dislike him because he said something after a fantastic goal at 90+5.

He’s a very odd player to judge in that he often just doesn’t stand out from the pack on a technical front - on general viewing he doesn’t looking anything special at all - but he has a nose (this season at least) for finding space in the box and scoring important goals.

Physically I think he's struggling but his mental fortitude is seriously impressive.

Even if his all round performances could be lacking in this tournament, I'm all but certain he'll continue to drag us through
with abit of magic.

He just has 'it'.

Not having a little humility might be the reason he can do what he does on a football pitch, though. Why should we care whether he's likeable or not?

Isn’t that just being a football fan? Some players you like, some you don’t. I don’t think Bellingham spends a lot of time worrying about it nor should he.

im speculating based on the report in BILD.
Why speculate? BILD is trash, it's the Daily Mail of Germany. Why invent narratives for your own benefit? It makes you look ridiculous.
He’s a very odd player to judge in that he often just doesn’t stand out from the pack on a technical front - on general viewing he doesn’t looking anything special at all - but he has a nose (this season at least) for finding space in the box and scoring important goals.
I think he's extremely good technically, seen it plenty from him in his career, but his body looks spent at the World Cup so we're more seeing the odd flash of brilliance amidst him being shattered. He's already played an insane amount of football for a just-turned 21 year old.

And lost to the team he plays for.
Who are, literally, the best European side of all time, who won it two years ago without him, who recently did a three peat in that competition. Who have an absolute star studded side, where Bellingham isn't even their best player.

Joining Madrid is almost a guarantee they will challenge for that title.

Like McTominay

Why speculate? BILD is trash, it's the Daily Mail of Germany. Why invent narratives for your own benefit? It makes you look ridiculous.
I mean it's quite obvious that he felt superior to a lot of his teammates at Dortmund, as that was visible on the pitch when he was having a go at some of them, what BILD mentions about him celebrating individually is also a fact, everybody could see it.

I haven't seen as much of him for Real as I have seen for Dortmund, but to me it feels a bit as if he felt he was above Dortmund in the end, but doesn't feel above Real, I didn't notice such incidents there. Which is why I don't really expect there to be trouble with Mbappe, as long as his "arrogance" doesn't grow to big again.

Great player. Just hope that he doesn't turn into the English Paul Pogba which seems to be the way he's heading.

Reminds me a bit of prime Ballack with a bit more technical skill but less natural leadership. A hybrid of Ballack paired with Effenberg. Could become really dominant if a bit older & more experienced (and calms down a bit) or let's say: more mature.

He's a leader.

He's not meant to be humble on the pitch.

He's meant to win, at whatever cost.

I think we hold these players to a superhuman standard of self restraint. If as a 21-year-old an entire nation's media was universally proclaiming that you and your teammates were a national embarrassment, and then you scored an extra-time bicycle kick equaliser and went on to win the game, you don't think there's a chance you might say something vaguely sparky to the press after the game?

At the same time, remember, you're expected to have the kind of bullet-proof self-belief and confidence to be one of the key players for perhaps the world's greatest football team in your debut season at the age of 20/21.

And his comments in the presser are so fecking mild, as well.

This 100%

Great player but also one of the worst divers I've seen. It makes it difficult to appreciate his game when he tries to cheat almost every time he loses the ball.

This another case of a player being poor for the whole match, scores a goal and now he's amazing.

He's an absolute twat with zero self awareness. It's not his arrogance that annoys people, it's his failure to realize that he wasn't playing well and the criticism was valid. He says people were talking rubbish and his goal is a response, no, people weren't talking rubbish. Failure to realize when you aren't playing well could hurt his career. Reminds me of when Maguire was having a horrid season for us, goes and scores for England and acts like it's a response to the doubters.

Usual thing with England, these are very good players being completely mismanaged and badly trained by a Manager so wildly out of his depth. Don't judge a players quality based on International matches where he's being coached by a Manager with a 25% win rate in the PL. Footballers cant just wave a magic wand and ignore what they're being told for the past few weeks. It all comes from the Manager, even post match interviews, what they're told to say comes from the Manager and what's being said by the coaches in the dressing room.

He's an absolute twat with zero self awareness. It's not his arrogance that annoys people, it's his failure to realize that he wasn't playing well and the criticism was valid. He says people were talking rubbish and his goal is a response, no, people weren't talking rubbish. Failure to realize when you aren't playing well could hurt his career. Reminds me of when Maguire was having a horrid season for us, goes and scores for England and acts like it's a response to the doubters.

That is pretty much it. He is making it sound like England is supposed to suffer against Tier 2 or 3 international teams and score lucky injury time goals to progress. I mean, obviously the goal itself isn't lucky but extremely skilled move by him, however, it is pure luck and chance for the team themselves to score that deep in injury time.

To celebrate the equalizer wildly isn't an issue I think, but to not acknowledge that this is not the way England has to play and the fans have the right to be critical is something else completely.

It is obvious that neither him nor the rest of the team have any sort of self reflection and are pretty much going to push it like this all the way until they either win or are knocked out. And the fact they have such a stacked squad but also such a small time mentality, I hope it is the second scenario that happens.

For God's sake, we (Bosnia) nearly sacked our coach after losing to Slovakia in the beginning of qualifiers, and even we had attempted more in attack then England.

This another case of a player being poor for the whole match, scores a goal and now he's amazing.

Not really. It's like the Coventry result. The whole team should've done much much better. No one came out looking like world class footballers (or a top coach) after that performance.

But the celebration police going straight for him after a last minute wonder goal equaliser are ... evidently this word has no meaning anymore or it's slang I don't get... cringe.

I didn't mind his press conference, I'm sure the stick they get does bother the players regardless of how bad the team has played, and it was fair enough to admit that. What I didn't like was giving it the big un shouting "who else" and grabbing his balls at the Slovakia bench as if you've just beaten Pele's Brazil. Arrogant tit. A lot of these young players watch too much NBA or MMA or something cause they seem to have adopted the style of self presentation that a lot of the more arrogant people in those sports have.