Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Not really. It's like the Coventry result. The whole team should've done much much better. No one came out looking like world class footballers (or a top coach) after that performance.

But the celebration police going straight for him after a last minute wonder goal equaliser are ... evidently this word has no meaning anymore or it's slang I don't get... cringe.
I don't care much about his celebration, but he was poor.

He's going to score in a World Cup final for England?

It depends on the scenario of the game. Bellingham scores match-winning or game-tying goals, not meaningless ones when the game is already over and the opposite team exhausted.

In one way his mentality seems strong - seems self confident and well able to big himself up, to hit back at people who point out he is less than amazing 24/7.

But mentality is also an element of humility. Knowing when to shut up and put the head down. Tired or not tired - he has been shite this tournament. For him to have smug little grin saying that his goal/producing that moment somehow makes up for 4 games of pure shite and proves fans/pundits wrong is not top mentality. It’s more just childish arrogance and it’s irritating.

Even worse mentality is both him and Kane making subtle statements about how no other England team has won recently so everyone should leave the poor lads alone! These are your captain and star man making excuses. You can only imagine the precious little souls comforting each other over their massages. Making sure they keep their egos in tact.

The reason they are being criticised is fuk all to do with how hard it is to win major tournaments - it’s to do with the fact that objectively - England once again have a batch of absurdly talented players and yet cannot seem to put it all together - while lesser footballing nations, with limited players, play decent football you can support and feel happy about. England produce tepid watery murky shite type football - which is amazing considering they have the likes of Foden, Stones, Grealish, Saka, Rice, Sancho, Rashford, Eze, Bowen Bellingham, Watkins, Toney, Palmer and Harry fuking Kane to choose from. (I leave Mainoo out of that equation as I really like him and think he has acquitted himself well) I name these players because any one of them would be a main/star player for some of the lesser nations that make England look ordinary - such as Slovakia. They also have the number one football league in the world. So that’s why I think people scrutinise England and why it’s very well deserved. Shame Bellingham only thinks of how it effects him and responds so defensively.

Anyway, mentality is not just repeating how great you are - it’s knowing when to man up, to stop the talking and the childish gestures, and to just play.

We've seen this before it's nothing new, players like Bellingham can't comprehend public criticism because all they've heard up until this point is praise, I'd imagine what little criticism he's received has only been from those very close to him, he could handle it better but we've seen footballers handle it much worse.

Still think he should have been subbed off yesterday instead of Mainoo and I’ll die on that hill.

Good on Bellingham. Nobody scores goals like that, at the last possible moment, without titanic self belief. """Oooh he was a bit too cocky though" - so fecking English, that attitude.

England fans are the worst and I hope to god the players aren't listening to any of us.

Good on Bellingham. Nobody scores goals like that, at the last possible moment, without titanic self belief. """Oooh he was a bit too cocky though" - so fecking English, that attitude.

England fans are the worst and I hope to god the players aren't listening to any of us.
Being a dick to the Slovakia bench was too much, no need for that and incredibly small time.

Like his winning mentality, sign of a good player that he can have a shocking game and still provide big moments for his teams.

I don't mind a little arrogance as it's part of the confidence that gives him the belief to provide these big moments.

His onfield petulance can get right in the bin though. Started to notice him a lot lately mouthing off or banging into opposition players who skin him or beat him in the tackle. That's not winning mentality, that's the opposite, petty and small time.

Like his winning mentality, sign of a good player that he can have a shocking game and still provide big moments for his teams.

I don't mind a little arrogance as it's part of the confidence that gives him the belief to provide these big moments.

His onfield petulance can get right in the bin though. Started to notice him a lot lately mouthing off or banging into opposition players who skin him or beat him in the tackle. That's not winning mentality, that's the opposite, petty and small time.
He really started to annoy me when he clashed with Licha in pre-season personally.

Bellingham is exhausted due to his season at Real Madrid (the most demanding team all over the world). I think he needs to rest, but of course, he´s still the best player of England, as we could see yesterday.

Who are, literally, the best European side of all time, who won it two years ago without him, who recently did a three peat in that competition. Who have an absolute star studded side, where Bellingham isn't even their best player.

Joining Madrid is almost a guarantee they will challenge for that title.

Didn't hurt them when he was both their top scorer and top assister, though.

I don't see him ending up as a better player than, say, Gerrard. I'm sure he will win a shit load more, though.

What is he 21? Telling his elder and more decorated peers what they can say about football is just stupid.

Let's be honest here. He had a pathetic game before the goal. Actually he was awful in the last few games. Foden was not much better. One of them should sit on the bench. Southgate doesn't have the balls to make such a decision obviously.

He’s one of the reasons why England have been so shit this tournament, last ditch goals don’t change that. The issue is that we should never have been one minute away from being knocked out by Slovakia in the first place. He’s certainly not the only one culpable, but he’s not exactly dragging England through the rounds either.

He’s one of the reasons why England have been so shit this tournament, last ditch goals don’t change that. The issue is that we should never have been one minute away from being knocked out by Slovakia in the first place. He’s certainly not the only one culpable, but he’s not exactly dragging England through the rounds either.

Not really, it's the centre backs not being bold enough with their passing that's the problem.

It's all very obvious, slow and in front of the opposition

He needs someone (Kane, Pickford, Shaw etc.) to look out for him, he is only 21 but the warning signs are starting to show. We should protect him, but looks like he is being set up for a big fall by the media.

He needs someone (Kane, Pickford, Shaw etc.) to look out for him, he is only 21 but the warning signs are starting to show. We should protect him, but looks like he is being set up for a big fall by the media.

What is the media to blame for exactly and how are they setting him up for big fall?

British people just hate seeing confident people do well. The best athletes in the world have to have unwavering confidence, it’s part of the reason they are where they are. It’s why I’ve never understood the criticism of Ronaldo’s narcissistic tendencies. It’s made him the player he is and every fan should want those traits in their players.

There have been so many great players that are not as absurd as Ronaldo. Drive and focus are not the same as being a bellend.

There have been so many great players that are not as absurd as Ronaldo. Drive and focus are not the same as being a bellend.
But there’s factually never been a player who has had his longevity and peaked so high (bar the most talented players the world has ever seen). So his mentality is the reason he’s set so far apart. I see the same criticism of Mbappe and Bellingham, what’s the common denominator? They are the best players in the world for a reason, most of that is mental.

But there’s factually never been a player who has had his longevity and peaked so high (bar the most talented players the world has ever seen). So his mentality is the reason he’s set so far apart. I see the same criticism of Mbappe and Bellingham, what’s the common denominator? They are the best players in the world for a reason, most of that is mental.

So you think you have to be a really unlikeable person to succeed. Interesting.

There's a lot of it about.

In his defence he is young, but I didn't expect people to be backing the ridiculousness.

His gesture towards the oppo bench, especially considering who they were was indefensible. That is not what makes him elite.

So you think you have to be a really unlikeable person to succeed. Interesting.

There's a lot of it about.

In his defence he is young, but I didn't expect people to be backing the ridiculousness.

His gesture towards the oppo bench, especially considering who they were was indefensible. That is not what makes him elite.
Well that’s in the eyes of the beholder. Personally I like Bellingham, I like Mbappe and I bloody loved Ronaldo. I don’t want shrinking violets, I want to watch players with unwavering belief in their abilities. If that comes with some slightly sociopathic traits, so be it. Utd haven’t had enough of that “arrogance” on the pitch and that’s part of the reason why players like Sancho have flopped so badly here. Top level sport is brutal and the players need to be above criticism.

Well that’s in the eyes of the beholder. Personally I like Bellingham, I like Mbappe and I bloody loved Ronaldo. I don’t want shrinking violets, I want to watch players with unwavering belief in their abilities. If that comes with some slightly sociopathic traits, so be it. Utd haven’t had enough of that “arrogance” on the pitch and that’s part of the reason why players like Sancho have flopped so badly here. Top level sport is brutal and the players need to be above criticism.

Nobody is above criticism.

Bellingham acted like a cock after he scored and deserves the criticism.

Posting Teddy Roosevelt quotes instead of apologising is dumb and opens himself up to even more criticism. He's making a rod for his own back.