Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

For Liverpool? :lol:

Or for City, for that matter.

None of my friends who were Man Utd fans, "hated" Liverpool. It was great to beat them, we bantered with our mates who supported Pool/City, but nobody, not one, "hated" them.

Then you read the cafe on matchday and its like "I fecking hate these cnuts, hope we smash them in and Anfield falls into a sinkhole" (I'm exaggerating for dramatic effect but the sentiment stands)

Or for City, for that matter.

None of my friends who were Man Utd fans, "hated" Liverpool. It was great to beat them, we bantered with our mates who supported Pool/City, but nobody, not one, "hated" them.

Then you read the cafe on matchday and its like "I fecking hate these cnuts, hope we smash them in and Anfield falls into a sinkhole" (I'm exaggerating for dramatic effect but the sentiment stands)
Genuinely don't believe you.

City, nobody cares about them...

Genuinely don't believe you.

City, nobody cares about them...

Did all your circles growing up despise Liverpool? Maybe by chance then I just grew up in a circle of people who didn't have that same kind of emotional attachment, who knows. One of my closest mates was a scouser and we gave him shit and vice versa but we could have a proper conversation about both clubs without our emotions completely distorting judgement.

I only hate one football team and that's the Honduras national team but that's for entirely different reasons.

Did all your circles growing up despise Liverpool? Maybe by chance then I just grew up in a circle of people who didn't have that same kind of emotional attachment, who knows. One of my closest mates was a scouser and we gave him shit and vice versa but we could have a proper conversation about both clubs without our emotions completely distorting judgement.

I only hate one football team and that's the Honduras national team but that's for entirely different reasons.
Yeah, of course.

It was part of being a United fan for us.

Yeah, of course.

Hmm interesting, maybe I just never had the same level of emotional attachment. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up in Stretford, Salford or such, but 20 miles south in Cheshire where the emotional connection is just not as apparent.

Do you think the hatred is rational?

Hmm interesting, maybe I just never had the same level of emotional attachment. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up in Stretford, Salford or such, but 20 miles south in Cheshire where the emotional connection is just not as apparent.

Do you think the hatred is rational?
I grew up nowhere near Manchester in the North East.

When you go to games like Liverpool/Leeds you feel the mutual hatred between the two.

It was part of being a United fan for us.

Same question here, do you think you could rationalize that hatred?

For context, it might be because my parents didn't care about football and I only cared once I started going to school in the UK.

I grew up nowhere near Manchester in the North East.

When you go to games like Liverpool/Leeds you feel the mutual hatred between the two.

I've felt it, I've been to games where the Stretford end were screaming everytime Gerrard did anything :lol:

But I just never could relate to it or understand it myself.

What was the source of the hatred? Parents were massive Utd fans? Everyone around you hated them too? I can't imagine you just woke up one day and went "feck Liverpool".

For context, it might be because my parents didn't care about football and I only cared once I started going to school in the UK.

It's not actual hatred. It's hugely contextual. It's fun to have rivals. It's mostly abstract.

I've felt it, I've been to games where the Stretford end were screaming everytime Gerrard did anything :lol:

But I just never could relate to it or understand it myself.

What was the source of the hatred? Parents were massive Utd fans? Everyone around you hated them too? I can't imagine you just woke up one day and went "feck Liverpool".

If Gerrard wasn't an amazingly effective footballer nobody would give a toss.

When characters like Gerrard walk out at places like Old Trafford and excel, and the crowd gets incensed, they're the moments that make it. And makes the winning goal against them sweeter. It's intrinsic.

If Gerrard wasn't an amazingly effective footballer nobody would give a toss.

When characters like Gerrard walk out at places like Old Trafford and excel, and the crowd gets incensed, they're the moments that make it. And makes the winning goal against them sweeter. It's intrinsic.
It's not actual hatred. It's hugely contextual. It's fun to have rivals. It's mostly abstract.

Maybe our definition of hatred is slightly different then, I guess.

What you're describing is the same for me, I really want to beat them, and I would love to see them not do well and linger in mediocrity for a long time, but I don't think I've ever felt hatred.

Or maybe I'm just don't care about football as much as I should do :lol:

This sort of thing makes me dislike him.

They haven't played well at all in this tournament and he's talking like that. Just wind your neck in, get your head down and focus on actually playing well.

Maybe our definition of hatred is slightly different then, I guess.

What you're describing is the same for me, I really want to beat them, and I would love to see them not do well and linger in mediocrity for a long time, but I don't think I've ever felt hatred.

Or maybe I'm just don't care about football as much as I should do :lol:

Part of the benefits of football fandom is venting. Is essential being objective in discussion but in the heat of it all emotions and gut reactions add to the whole thing.

Goal aside he was brutal, absolutely shocking performance. He has far too much ego, celebrating an equaliser against the 45th side in the world is cringe.

I'm sorry but this gets better and better everytime I read it :lol:

Imagine being a footballer and scoring an overhead kick equaliser, in the last minute, of a last 16 euro match, against the 45th team in the world :lol: and celebrating :lol:
The fact this poster points out that Slovakia are the 45th 'side in the world' is the icing on the cake.

It is literally murder on the dance floor.

Peak comedy.

This sort of thing makes me dislike him.

They haven't played well at all in this tournament and he's talking like that. Just wind your neck in, get your head down and focus on actually playing well.

Yeah, you don't crow after a win like that. You win and you stare down the dissenters. There nowt to say. He's a kid, someone needs to have a word.

I'm sorry but this gets better and better everytime I read it :lol:

Imagine being a footballer and scoring an overhead kick equaliser, in the last minute, of a last 16 euro match, against the 45th team in the world :lol: and celebrating :lol:
The fact this poster points out that Slovakia are the 45th 'side in the world' is the icing on the cake.

It is literally murder on the dance floor.

Peak comedy.

In a way you are right. But really he should be following the ball to restart and win the game. That's what Keane and Scholes etc would have done.

In a way you are right. But really he should be following the ball to restart and win the game. That's what Keane and Scholes etc would have done.
I'd have laughed my fecking head off if it got VAR'd off after giving it the big un with the "who else" celebration.

Parents do probably play a strong role. My dad genuinely couldn't say anything about Leeds United without it being disparaging. But I don't remember him being so bad about Liverpool. I think when he went to games it was before Liverpool came to win lots and Leeds fans who were always a disgrace. As a result I had a really strong dislike of Leeds. It was only as an adult I really started to realise the fierceness of the Liverpool/United rivalry. Leeds on the other hand got relegated and just became nothing.

I guess people will always find ways to get upset without valid reason. Great goal, great celebration. Some of the English supporters aren't supporters at all. Entitled gloryhunters. Complain during qualifiers or Nations league, but support your team in the tournament instead of boos.

I guess people will always find ways to get upset without valid reason. Great goal, great celebration. Some of the English supporters aren't supporters at all. Entitled gloryhunters. Complain during qualifiers or Nations league, but support your team in the tournament instead of boos.
A lot of United fans don't support England at all, me included. Never have.

Considering the entire team has been shocking for 4 games, at least Bellingham has showed up when it matters.

England would be out if it wasn't for his 2 goals in this tournament.

It matters the other 120 minutes too, his touch and decision making were poor and he was constantly on the floor looking for freekicks he wasnt going to get. It was a 5/10 performance at best outside of the goal

The Dortmund gossips are irrelevant after having no problems at all in Madrid, where he has constantly complimented the veterans, been affectionate to team-mates in bad times and accepted his role as secondary to Vini Ballon d'Or.
I love that he's a disgusting egomaniac and can't stand to lose.

The Dortmund gossips are irrelevant after having no problems at all in Madrid, where he has constantly complimented the veterans, been affectionate to team-mates in bad times and accepted his role as secondary to Vini Ballon d'Or.
I love that he's a disgusting egomaniac and can't stand to lose.
Will he like being constantly in the shadow of Kylian also now?

Surely much less of him getting the goals/plaudits.

Will he like being constantly in the shadow of Kylian also now?

Surely much less of him getting the goals/plaudits.
You really think he's bothered by the idea of Mbappe getting more shine in the spotlights?