Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Exactly, its almost as if its either he is best player or worst player, I dont get where this comes from.

We need to stop putting players on this pedestal before they get there, granted he has had a very good season at Real Madrid, many players do.

What distinguishes a top player to a WC player is their ability to do it for club / country over number of years.
He arguably is already doing that (considering that he has back-to-back "player of the season" awards in the Bundesliga and La Liga now).

But it's also quite obvious that he just needs a break at the moment.

He doesn't have the passing ability of a Gerrard or Lampard either

He is 20 years young. Bellingham is better than Gerrard and Lampard at 20. I think his passing is pretty good but he can still develop that part of his game. Even Paul Scholes was a goalscorer playing behind the striker before he became a passer from deep. Pirlo was an attacking midfielder before he joined Juventus.

I fully agree with @Bosnian_fan that Bellingham has the ability to become a better player than Gerrard and Lampard were. Age-wise he is ahead of them.

He played well in the league. He played 5 league games in the last 2 months of the season (and rested for 3). In those 5 games he had 3 goals and 3 assists, including the winning goal against Barcelona. In the Champions League he wasn't as good, but I don't think "shit" is very accurate. Whoscored usually had him as one of the higher-ranked RM players in the games against City, Bayern, and Dortmund.

You are not going to win the Champions League when you have a nailed-on starter who is playing like shit for two months.
Since the ankle injury against Girona(mid February) he started 12 games(out of 21), missed 8 outright(2 for red card). He hasn't played more than once a week since the end of April

He's been carrying injuries and since the ankle issue his mobility has visibly suffered

He also apparently has been playing on a separated shoulder since earlier in the season

Needs a break

He’s not wrong though. Calling Bellingham, La Liga POTS and Balon d’Or candidate, a ‘nothing player’ is a very silly thing to say, even if you feel he’s a bit overrated.
Okay, he’s a nothing player for England. Feel better?

He played well in the league. He played 5 league games in the last 2 months of the season (and rested for 3). In those 5 games he had 3 goals and 3 assists, including the winning goal against Barcelona. In the Champions League he wasn't as good, but I don't think "shit" is very accurate. Whoscored usually had him as one of the higher-ranked RM players in the games against City, Bayern, and Dortmund.

You are not going to win the Champions League when you have a nailed-on starter who is playing like shit for two months.
And yet he was just that in the CL. He is not a shit player but he defo played like shit in those last few games

Okay, he’s a nothing player for England. Feel better?
Didn’t a Real Madrid fan explain that he requires surgery and is playing through painkillers?

You seem to have a particularly negative view of the player.

Edit: also, are Kane, Foden, Saka etc also nothing players for England? Isn’t it quite clear that England, as a team, don’t provide their wealth of talent with a great platform upon which to shine?

Didn’t a Real Madrid fan explain that he requires surgery and is playing through painkillers?

Edit: also, are Kane, Foden, Saka etc also nothing players for England? Isn’t it quite clear that England, as a team, don’t provide their wealth of talent with a great platform upon which to shine?
Barely any players in the world play pain-free.

Barely any players in the world play pain-free.
Okay. But I’m guessing you understand some problems can we worse than others? And that the player’s form looks a lot lower than earlier in the season before said injury? When he was a consistent match winner for a league and champions league winning side, scoring late goals to win big games etc?

Since the ankle injury against Girona(mid February) he started 12 games(out of 21), missed 8 outright(2 for red card). He hasn't played more than once a week since the end of April

He's been carrying injuries and since the ankle issue his mobility has visibly suffered

He also apparently has been playing on a separated shoulder since earlier in the season

Needs a break

Yes, hopefully they drop him or manage his minutes better in the Euro Cup because he was crucial for us last season when he was fit.

I've watched Bellingham 10 times in last 4 months and never came away thinking wow he is the best young player I've seen in a while. Most games he's being barely noticeable in fact.

Not saying he isn't a very talented player, he clearly is. Rooney was better at similar age though.

That third group match was the perfect opportunity to give him a proper rest. The lack of rotation is going to hurt both fitness of those playing and rhythm of those not playing.

Is he carrying an injury? What do the resident Real fans say? Wasn't he half injured for the latter part of the season?

That third group match was the perfect opportunity to give him a proper rest. The lack of rotation is going to hurt both fitness of those playing and rhythm of those not playing.

Too high of a risk for Southgate. He likely thinks the chance of losing is higher without Bellingham and didnt want to end up against Germany or on the 'wrong side' of the schedule

Yes, hopefully they drop him or manage his minutes better in the Euro Cup because he was crucial for us last season when he was fit.

Wont happen. Southgate will play him until he falls apart in this tournament.

It's almost like players go through good and bad form. Crazy opinion i know.
He'll come good again.

I explained that, but I'm not a Real fan, I just like watching them because they play the most hilarious brand of "I don't know how they win, why they win, but they play like shit sometimes and still win."

Been on injections since the first bayern game, needed surgury since his shoulder dislocation - both are confirmed.

Rumours that he needs knee surgury -> Not confirmed.

I explained that, but I'm not a Real fan, I just like watching them because they play the most hilarious brand of "I don't know how they win, why they win, but they play like shit sometimes and still win."

Been on injections since the first bayern game, needed surgury since his shoulder dislocation - both are confirmed.

Rumours that he needs knee surgury -> Not confirmed.
@giorno also explained it, and I believe they are a Madrid fan.

Pirlo was an attacking midfielder before he joined Juventus.
Pirlo got converted into a deep-lying role at Brescia during 2000/01, I believe... so you're off by like 11 seasons.

It's strange that I think he played better in last WC, when pairing with Rice on deeper role.

----------- Kane ---

Eze ----- Foden ----- Saka

----Rice --- Bellingham

This line-up is promising an exciting play.

Last edited:
He did that against Iran which, it was Iran, then against the US and it wasn't good then Southgate figured out he's an AM, dropped Mount for Henderson, moved him up and the team dramatically improved

England's best and most important player by a significant margin. You can tell he is of Real Madrid's cloth.

Dont think he did much else throughout the game? There when it was needed though....