Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Lampard clone, but he stands further forward.

No idea why Southgate is playing him, Foden, Kane and Mainoo in the same little bit of the pitch though... With Saka cutting into that space, and Rice pushing up into that space...And Walker cautiously staying back all the time, just in case the other 3 defenders can't handle c-grade strikers.

Maybe it's not the team to judge him in, but he has been shit.

The thing with Bellingham is that he was hyped up to the level of becoming one of the all time greats and he simply doesn't have the means to become player in the mould of whatever great midfielder of the past you compare him with.

They all had that one similarity, regardless of the position they played, they were mesmerizing on the ball. Bellingham is simply not that sort of player.

However, he definitely is on trajectory to become some sort of new Lampard/Gerrard, or even slightly better, which is legendary level anyway.

Two things can be right.

Jude Bellingham imo is overhyped but he is also quite good.

The problem is, we had Alan Shearer creaming his pants in the first game while commentating, every time Jude touched the ball.

He has had a poor Euros, like most England players.

To me he looks absolutely shattered, and honestly kinda injured.

This is nowhere near the same Bellingham we saw at Dortmund, last season in Madrid, except the latter parts of the season, and even for England at the WC.

Last edited:
To me he looks absolutely shattered, and honestly kinda injured.

This is nowhere the same Bellingham we saw at Dortmund, last season in Madrid, except the latter parts of the season, and even for England at the WC.

He's played a ridiculous amount of football.

250 competitive games for club and country at 20 years old!

Bellingham is obviously a fantastic talent but is running on almost empty after a long season with his club side. I do think some of the criticism on him as of late have gone a bit too far. How old is he again?

I, for one, am shocked that an attacking player looks better playing for Ancelotti's Real Madrid than he does playing for Southgate's England.

Is he even that knackered? I thought he’s looked one of our fitter players. The issue is the setup, the attacking guys just don’t work well, so far, together and it’s just about fixing that. Otherwise they just run around, expend energy, get frustrated and w end up just saying they’re knackered and need a break (apart from Kane, he looks like he’s been given ketamine as a pick me up by accident).

Bellingham is obviously a fantastic talent but is running on almost empty after a long season with his club side. I do think some of the criticism on him as of late have gone a bit too far. How old is he again?

If he's going to lap up the outlandish praise that he's received by the media, he's going to have to take the criticism as well.

He looks the player with the most energy.

This is a great example of what happens when you put a great player into a dysfunctional team/system. It’s why despite spending 1bn+ on players since Fergies retirement Utd have gone backwards, no regard to how to fit players into a team rather than a group of individuals.

Get over the fact that my opinion is different to yours.
Your opinion cannot be taken seriously though. It is not logical, reasoned or well thought out.

JB went to the biggest club in the world with a 100 million price tag. Real Madrid are not in the habit of spending 100 million on 'nothing players', especially 20 year old 'nothing players'

He was the 4th highest scorer in La Liga this season, despite playing for the first time in a forward role. Oddly productive for a 'nothing player'

He had 36 goal contributions in 42 appearances for Madrid, again, not typical for a 'nothing player'

He scored the winning goal in 2 clasicos, much to my chagrin. Not the work of a 'nothing player.'

He also helped his team to win the league and the Champions League, neither of which they won last year.

And as for the purple patch nonsense, he's been deemed player of the year in 2 different leagues back to back, last season in La Liga and the season before that in the Bundesliga. Playing a different role in two different teams in 2 different leagues

Hence the very reasonable conclusion that you haven't watched him play very much and only started with the last few in the CL and the Euros, as his form has been poor for a good while, possibly due to overwork and injuries.

Either that or you just don't know what you're talking about. Respectfully.

Reactions: Fortitude
Your opinion cannot be taken seriously though. It is not logical, reasoned or well thought out.

JB went to the biggest club in the world with a 100 million price tag. Real Madrid are not in the habit of spending 100 million on 'nothing players', especially 20 year old 'nothing players'

He was the 4th highest scorer in La Liga this season, despite playing for the first time in a forward role. Oddly productive for a 'nothing player'

He had 36 goal contributions in 42 appearances for Madrid, again, not typical for a 'nothing player'

He scored the winning goal in 2 clasicos, much to my chagrin. Not the work of a 'nothing player.'

He also helped his team to win the league and the Champions League, neither of which they won last year.

And as for the purple patch nonsense, he's been deemed player of the year in 2 different leagues back to back, last season in La Liga and the season before that in the Bundesliga. Playing a different role in two different teams in 2 different leagues

Hence the very reasonable conclusion that you haven't watched him play very much and only started with the last few in the CL and the Euros, as his form has been poor for a good while, possibly due to overwork and injuries.

Either that or you just don't know what you're talking about. Respectfully.

This is great. A Barca fan with a massive hard on for a Real player :lol: :lol:

This is great. A Barca fan with a massive hard on for a Real player :lol: :lol:
False. I have liked a lot of Real Madrid players because they typically have great players. I think the Barca list of greats is better, but Madrid would probably be second in the list of all time greats that have played for them.

The reason I defend JB (who is obviously not an all time great or anything close to that at this stage) is because it's as clear as daylight that most people don't watch him play because he doesn't play in England. So it ties into that whole thing where people think he must be crap because the Bundesliga and La Liga are obviously rubbish. They're not.

False. I have liked a lot of Real Madrid players because they typically have great players. I think the Barca list of greats is better, but Madrid would probably be second in the list of all time greats that have played for them.

The reason I defend JB (who is obviously not an all time great or anything close to that at this stage) is because it's as clear as daylight that most people don't watch him play because he doesn't play in England. So it ties into that whole thing where people think he must be crap because the Bundesliga and La Liga are obviously rubbish. They're not.

I think accusing people of "not watching a player play" is a silly way to try shut down an opposing view tbh. Just call out the hyperbole and move on.

He’s not wrong though. Calling Bellingham, La Liga POTS and Balon d’Or candidate, a ‘nothing player’ is a very silly thing to say, even if you feel he’s a bit overrated.

Yes, it's obviously ridiculous hyperbole. Best to ignore, or, call it out and move on.

I think accusing people of "not watching a player play" is a silly way to try shut down an opposing view tbh. Just call out the hyperbole and move on.
It's not am opposing view, it's a ridiculous view. But general point taken.

Dribbles through the entire opposition team multiple times to score/assists => Terrible on the ball.

I only watched the beginning but I'm not sure why you are impressed by this.

Is this Iniesta, Maradonna, Messi in their prime? no...clearly not.

Is he "terrible on the ball?" no clearly not.

I also ask to point out how many 20 year old midfielders in the past 20 years could do some of the dribbles/goals/assists there.

Dribbles through the entire opposition team multiple times to score/assists => Terrible on the ball.
He’s not Messi ffs :lol:

The issue with the oscillating opinions on Bellingham is the absurd plaudits thrown his way already. I mean we’ve already seen comparisons to Di Stefano and Zidane when he’s not even the best player at his own club. 3rd best after Mbappe and Vinicius.

If he's knackered, then he should tell Southgate so someone else can start.

I also ask to point out how many 20 year old midfielders in the past 20 years could do some of the dribbles/goals/assists there.
Quite a lot of players around that age could against that poor defending. You can't ignore he's physically developed very early and is further along his development than most players his age.

The issue with the oscillating opinions on Bellingham is the absurd plaudits thrown his way already. I mean we’ve already seen comparisons to Di Stefano and Zidane when he’s not even the best player at his own club. 3rd best after Mbappe and Vinicius.

Vinicius is even worse for the NT than Bellingham and was generally seen as 'mediocre' until three years ago (the difference in age between him and Bellingham).

Praise for Bellingham might be over the top but he's had an objectively great season.

Last edited:

Why is he playing so shit then ? Why has been playing so shit for Real Madrid in the last 2 months ?

If he was available for £90m right now would all the best teams in the world be trying to sign him to start for them? The obvious answer is yes which tells you how good he is.

I don’t even particularly like Bellingham, I think he’s a prat but he’s a hell of a player.

He’s playing poorly at the moment but anyone using his poor period and trying to pass this off as normal Jude is absolute liar. He’s not as good as he appeared in the first 6 months of the season nor as bad as the last three.

What I see more than anything in his England performances is his immaturity and feeling the need to grab headlines. A better manager would tell him to simplify things both on and off the ball because he looks like a Lone Ranger out there at times. A bit like when Bruno loses his head for us and thinks it’s on him to do everything, that’s what I see from Bellingham at the moment. Also doesn’t help Southgate is his coach.

Best player England have, not his fault Southgate is an idiot

If he was available for £90m right now would all the best teams in the world be trying to sign him to start for them? The obvious answer is yes which tells you how good he is.

I don’t even particularly like Bellingham, I think he’s a prat but he’s a hell of a player.

He’s playing poorly at the moment but anyone using his poor period and trying to pass this off as normal Jude is absolute liar. He’s not as good as he appeared in the first 6 months of the season nor as bad as the last three.

What I see more than anything in his England performances is his immaturity and feeling the need to grab headlines. A better manager would tell him to simplify things both on and off the ball because he looks like a Lone Ranger out there at times. A bit like when Bruno loses his head for us and thinks it’s on him to do everything, that’s what I see from Bellingham at the moment. Also doesn’t help Southgate is his coach.

He's playing in an congested area on the pitch due to the positioning of Foden and how Kane drops deep. He also looks knackered, heavy touches, holds on to the ball for too long and thinks he can get away with it due to his strength. When you combine this with tight spaces and not many passing options, it's no wonder that he's struggling.

Point remains that he shouldn't be starting matches.

Why is he playing so shit then ? Why has been playing so shit for Real Madrid in the last 2 months ?

He played well in the league. He played 5 league games in the last 2 months of the season (and rested for 3). In those 5 games he had 3 goals and 3 assists, including the winning goal against Barcelona. In the Champions League he wasn't as good, but I don't think "shit" is very accurate. Whoscored usually had him as one of the higher-ranked RM players in the games against City, Bayern, and Dortmund.

You are not going to win the Champions League when you have a nailed-on starter who is playing like shit for two months.

Nothing player, clearly

You can find videos from some unknown div 2 player in Brazil that can dribble past players and score some goals. YouTube is great in that sense put don't paint whole picture. Big talent but overrated by lot of fans inclusive pundits and media. Kid have lot to learn before even been talked in same sentences as best players.

The thing with Bellingham is that he was hyped up to the level of becoming one of the all time greats and he simply doesn't have the means to become player in the mould of whatever great midfielder of the past you compare him with.

They all had that one similarity, regardless of the position they played, they were mesmerizing on the ball. Bellingham is simply not that sort of player.

However, he definitely is on trajectory to become some sort of new Lampard/Gerrard, or even slightly better, which is legendary level anyway.
He doesn't have the passing ability of a Gerrard or Lampard either

Two things can be right.

Jude Bellingham imo is overhyped but he is also quite good.

The problem is, we had Alan Shearer creaming his pants in the first game while commentating, every time Jude touched the ball.

He has had a poor Euros, like most England players.

This is how i feel about him too.

He is great but overhyped by (English) fans and media to a level that you would think he is the best midfielder in the world. The moment he doesnt live up to that best in the world type of hype other people overreact and start calling him a 'nothing player'. As if there is no middle ground whatsoever. Bellingham is a fantastic player but he isnt the best in the world. Any club or country would love to have him in their starting eleven.

This is how i feel about him too.

He is great but overhyped by (English) fans and media to a level that you would think he is the best midfielder in the world. The moment he doesnt live up to that best in the world type of hype other people overreact and start calling him a 'nothing player'. As if there is no middle ground whatsoever. Bellingham is a fantastic player but he isnt the best in the world. Any club or country would love to have him in their starting eleven.

Exactly, its almost as if its either he is best player or worst player, I dont get where this comes from.

We need to stop putting players on this pedestal before they get there, granted he has had a very good season at Real Madrid, many players do.

What distinguishes a top player to a WC player is their ability to do it for club / country over number of years.