Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

You're all mad. He's great. He's a kid who has done insane things this season. He will come good.

What exactly is he good at? Serious question? He's a nothing player that had a purple patch.
He’s great in terms of basically outrunning and overpowering defences as a late runner or extra man around their box, in that advanced role at Real he’s been a revelation - he scored the same amount of goals as Lewa for some context, but with much better mins per goal. Add in the rest of his game is good without being amazing (good touch, passer, can play round the corner, good tackler etc.) and he’s a very very good well rounded player. But, for me, he either plays 10 or the false 9/weird AM role Ancelotti uses him in or doesn’t play so you have to drop one of him, Foden or Kane.

His attitude seems suspect I will say, moaning almost incessantly and stories of being a dick at Dortmund. Can imagine he will be very difficult to drop.

He needs to watch Bryan robson . I think that's the direction he needs to head . Start by outworking outrunning out tackling . He's an athlete with an engine and skill . Needs to focus on power , let others do the subtle stuff .

He needs to watch Bryan robson . I think that's the direction he needs to head . Start by outworking outrunning out tackling . He's an athlete with an engine and skill . Needs to focus on power , let others do the subtle stuff .
Agree with this.
He’s still 20 so his role will evolve with England. But right now we need him to play as an 8. Be more conservative and allow Foden, Saka, Palmer and Gordon to be the creatives.

He’s great in terms of basically outrunning and overpowering defences as a late runner or extra man around their box, in that advanced role at Real he’s been a revelation - he scored the same amount of goals as Lewa for some context, but with much better mins per goal. Add in the rest of his game is good without being amazing (good touch, passer, can play round the corner, good tackler etc.) and he’s a very very good well rounded player. But, for me, he either plays 10 or the false 9/weird AM role Ancelotti uses him in or doesn’t play so you have to drop one of him, Foden or Kane.

His attitude seems suspect I will say, moaning almost incessantly and stories of being a dick at Dortmund. Can imagine he will be very difficult to drop.
This is a very good description, but he needs a certain set up around him to cover his weaker sides.

Clearly a great player

Technically gifted

Naturally athletic

But not as good as he thinks he is, especially when it comes to decision making in possession.

Getting big “Stevie Me” vibes….

Shock horror he does well in two non leagues but struggles against half decent opposition. He'll go back to banging it in against nobodies in la liga next season and people will be singing his praises again.
Won the CL.

I think he needs to be dropped. His form fell of a cliff at the back end of the season with RM and he’s carried that over with England.

Apart from a good opening 30 mins he’s been awful. His place isn’t justified and he looks to have a horrible attitude. He’s spent this tournament either leaving one on his opponents or arguing with the ref for a decision that didn’t go his way.

This is spot on. He doesn't fit in how England are currently constructed and look to play, because he's not some half space magician that's going to unlock defenses and he's not a true CM that just progresses the play and keeps things ticking right now.

He's a monster in transition and one of the better athletes on any pitch he steps on to, but is also clean enough technically to not look out of place in a top side. But right now he needs those spaces centrally to roam in and actually affect games, and right now Kane and Foden both take up that same space which leaves him just running around sort of freelancing football but not being on a Palmer/Foden/Mainoo level of pure technician to navigate all of the tight spaces. I said it in another thread but if you stuck Watkins and Gordon at ST and LW and committed to hammering teams on the break I think he'd be the "star man" people are expecting.

I also think he's suffering from some of the same things Pogba did when he came back to England, where people see the body/athlete and highlights and just assume they can do everything on the pitch at an elite level. With Pogba it was people overrating his defensive capabilities and role as a "box to box" midfielder, while with Jude it seems people are overrating his completeness. He's not the finished product, and teams like the current England one are terrible for his strengths. It's not an accident that his best highlight on the international stage was the counter where he carried it past 3 players against Senegal on a counter and set up the Foden assist for Kane in that World cup.

Poor control and passing against Slovenia. He's not a technical player, nor a great passer but hes usually better at both than in this match. Just a poor performance and should have been hooked before Saka.

I don’t care how old he is. For a player who been getting so much hype, he looks so average

The lad is an absolute baby playing in midfield for Real Madrid and smashing it. To be where he is at that stage of his career says everything for him.

The fact he's playing shite under Gareth Southgate doesn't mean much there's a bunch of fellas in white shirts around him looking similar, some of which manage to look pretty good when not managed by Gareth Southgate.

Some of his game can improve, I don't think he's the cutest passer of the ball, he's going to look better in more dynamic sides where he can use his power and qualities in the final third. We're playing zombie football.

What exactly is he good at? Serious question? He's a nothing player that had a purple patch.
Said this many times before but you can tell the people in this forum that have only watched him play a handful of times, mostly in the last couple of weeks

To reiterate: he's been playing on painkillers while barely training for the past 4 months

I think he's a good player who looks quiet tired. Easy to forget how young he is too.
I think if you stick with Palmer and Gordon either side of him he'll look much better in the next games. I think i might still drop him for Foden because he looks a bit fresher and a bit brighter and he's also great. But at the same time i'd be a bit wary of changing things too much after looking reasonably decent for the first time this tournament.

To reiterate: he's been playing on painkillers while barely training for the past 4 months
I mean if thats true then just stick him on the bench or send him on holdiay tbh. Foden's too good to push and risk Bellingham in that manner.

One things for sure, he’s never short of fans to trot out lists of excuses for him.

Shock horror he does well in two non leagues but struggles against half decent opposition. He'll go back to banging it in against nobodies in la liga next season and people will be singing his praises again.
Is this satire or just a very dumb post? I can't tell

I see people comparing Bellingham to McTominay, Gerrard, Kevin Nolan, etc
But to me he is more of a tidier Lampard?

Lets put this into context, At Jude’s age Lampard was barely getting a kick at West Ham, at 20 Lampard wasn’t even Lampard yet, he became Lampard when he was what, 26?

Imagine the amount of clutch goals (yes, some of them will be deflected) Jude Bellingham will score for Real Madrid until he’s in his 30’s, might end up being an all time great, probably will, baring injuries.

Lampard was fitter though, guy could run all day, bet the Barca lads still have semi nightmares once in a blue moon.

He is a very good to great player very young under the biggest spotlight with lots of room to improve and become better.

Since day one his goals were far from marvels and he received too much praise for them, but he doesn't deserve AT ALL this excessive backlash.

One thing is to think the the press is silly calling him the new Di Stefano, another to call him just a neat/ good player or a fraud.
In any case like I've said before he must look into the mirror of Redondo and try to become some sort of anchor man but without leaving his box to box and goal capability, that type of player must become his mirror if Madrid ain't going for someone to be the fella that pulls the strings in the mid after the two oldies are gone.

Last edited:
Or maybe Gerrard? I don’t think he’s a great midfield like Vieira, Keane and Robson. He’s of an attacking midfield / sometimes second striker who has a lot of power and energy.

Agree with this.
He’s still 20 so his role will evolve with England. But right now we need him to play as an 8. Be more conservative and allow Foden, Saka, Palmer and Gordon to be the creatives.
Why though? Just play Mainoo who is a more natural 8 and let Bellingham operate as a 10. He’s not been controlling games for Madrid either and his game is build around attacking output and power. Instead of trying to convert another player just drop someone like Foden and play a proper LW.

He is pretty much leon goretzka. By no means bad, in the right physical condition good and in the perfect setup great.

Just the same fans who love to put down English players.

Same as how fans treat Rashford - talking about his mentality and work rate like they know them personally in his daily life & judge him as a person depending on what they see on a football pitch.

If Bellingham came to United right now everyone would dance but after a year he will get nothing but hate by United fans because that's what they tend to give.

One of our most hated players is bloody Bruno Fernandes.

The false we are the worlds biggest club mentality has made a lot of our fans big headed.

Gordon - Kane - Saka
Foden
Rice - Bellingham

If bellingham or foden play a bad game then bring in mainoo for one of them as they switch positions with the better AM taking that spot.

I think Southgate is trying to use him too much the way real madrid use him which doesnt work with England.

He's not a central midfield though, he's a 10 or 9.5.

You can argue about his best position but you cant claim that he is a nothing player.

Kinda annoying that a player who isnt world class or just has a bad game/form is directly labeled as a 'nothing player'. I cant think off many dumber terms to use for a 20 year old first year Real Madrid player who scored 23 goals and had 13 assists in all competitions.

True, can only score against terrible non-league opposition.

1QTMmo7.png

I've said it for decades now, but England managers need to drop players if they aren't up to scratch and not go by their reputation and name.

I've seen many a manager get blinded by big names who didn't do it for England, yet continually got picked. The worst was probably John Barnes. He scored one wonder goal against Brazil and automatically got picked for the next ten years, despite doing absolutely feck all for England and never showed his Liverpool form.
Gerrard was another one, still got picked when he was past it, would never be dropped based on performance.

Bellingham will be another one, yes he's good but he's still got a lot to prove and is going to have poor form in places. When he does, Southgate needs to drop him and play people in-form.
It actually goes against the team keeping players like him in, in the hope he'll do one good thing because the other 88 shit minutes will outweigh it.
Right now, he needs dropping, so does Kane as he's a yard off the pace. But Southgate won't as he doesn't have the balls.
This is the problem you have when the manager gets too friendly with the players.