Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy does it feel good to have serious people back in charge of our football affairs

Its nothing to do with FFP, it doesn’t affect it because all transfers on the accounts are amortised regardless of it you pay the full fee upfront or not.

It is however beneficial to structure payments so you have more cashflow for more transfers in the window. However it does not help you get around FFP as on the books the transfers are treated the same.

On the selling side however this is where it makes a difference because you want the full sale or as much of it to reflect on the accounts right away

As I posted in the tweets thread, viewed as the next coming, a superstar etc... I am sceptical and certainly not pinning any great expectations.

However viewed as a direct replacement for Martial, for the cost he is a whole heap of upgrade, he is a lot of bang for our buck, what other 9/10 are you going to get for similar money? and seems like Bologna have given us a great deal on terms too.

Lets face it if we spunked a load of money on £60 - 100m striker they would expect to be starting 9, I sense that Zirkzee is being brought in to fit in not to have a team built around him, and.... given that we need 2-3 CB and a DCM/CM buying Zirkzee so cheap just looks like good business, and....... who knows maybe he does go on to be something amazing and then we have a real bargain on our hands, this is a low risk-high gain purchase, I for one am absolutely amazed that we are making a sensible signing it just seems so un-United

Its nothing to do with FFP, it doesn’t affect it because all transfers on the accounts are amortised regardless of it you pay the full fee upfront or not.

It is however beneficial to structure payments so you have more cashflow for more transfers in the window. However it does not help you get around FFP as on the books the transfers are treated the same.

On the selling side however this is where it makes a difference because you want the full sale or as much of it to reflect on the accounts right away
Absolutely. Not relevant for FFP purposes but very much so for your cash flow.

every transfer we get some confusion between FFP, amortisation and cash flow

good to see some caf members setting the record straight from the usual twitter hogwash

Boy does it feel good to have serious people back in charge of our football affairs

When Manchester United do it, it's good business, but when I make unnecessary big purchases on klarna and spread the payments - apparently I've got a spending problem. Double standards.

Why are we getting business done so swiftly? This isn't how we do things.

Did we even prepare a bid?
I'm thinking United may have decided to monitor the player while he's already at the club. Which seems fair enough to me.

Are people secretly getting paid money for making this post over and over? And if so, how do I get involved?

They are but it’s all very hush hush. Think pyramid scheme/Amway but for transfer rumours. There’s lots of money to be made. Send me a PM along with a tenner cheque and I’ll fill you in on the details :cool:

His all round game looks really good and I think he will make us play better but his shooting looks average at best. If we can get a goal scoring right winger, our attack will be sorted for years to come

Yep, whether you pay upfront or in instalments - that's a cashflow argument. FFP amortizes the cost over the length of the contract - is it up to a max of 5 years (iirc, they changed it after Boehly started handing out 6 year contracts?).

His all round game looks really good and I think he will make us play better but his shooting looks average at best. If we can get a goal scoring right winger, our attack will be sorted for years to come
Really? I think his shooting is very good. He places shots and with both feet. He is not "close eyes and shoot with power" type.

30 odd million is a bargain these days...it will help the lad as well to not have a huge transfer fee on his shoulders.

Really? I think his shooting is very good. He places shots and with both feet. He is not "close eyes and shoot with power" type.
Tbf I’m basing my opinion on YouTube compilations but from what I’ve seen, it lacks a bit of “bite” that a striker should have

Yep, whether you pay upfront or in instalments - that's a cashflow argument. FFP amortizes the cost over the length of the contract - is it up to a max of 5 years (iirc, they changed it after Boehly started handing out 6 year contracts?).
Yeah but PSR is a slightly different beast, and the one we have more issues with, PSR deals with actual annual accounts, so whilst the structure of the deal does not matter with FFP it definitely does with PSR

I was making the same point that this means we are relying on a Rashford resurgence unless we sign another attacker so I think we are in agreement

Rashford resurgence, Garnacho to improve his numbers, Amad to make the step up and Antony to sort himself out. A lot to ask really.

Why is all this taking so long!?

he scored a goal from a shot he took during his medical. we were under the impression that strikers don’t do that sort of thing, so he’s currently being tried as a witch.

Yeah but PSR is a slightly different beast, and the one we have more issues with, PSR deals with actual annual accounts, so whilst the structure of the deal does not matter with FFP it definitely does with PSR

Are you sure about this? I'm almost certain PSR is based on IFRS accounting which allows for an assets cost to be amortized over it's registration period. Which in case of a player would be the lenght of his contract.

Aargh, thanks for the info. Admittedly I’m not too clued up about the differences between the two

Hopefully they realise he doesn't need to be as bulked up as he is now. Rather he added that bit of acceleration or top speed by being a bit lighter.

The Lukaku failed bulk experiment showed how unnecessary it was. Lukaku at West Brom was 10 X the player that played at United or Inter.

Hopefully they realise he doesn't need to be as bulked up as he is now. Rather he added that bit of acceleration or top speed by being a bit lighter.

The Lukaku failed bulk experiment showed how unnecessary it was. Lukaku at West Brom was 10 X the player that played at United or Inter.

I’d say the same about Martial, he lost a step when he bulked up.

You also moaned a lot in the De Ligt thread. Are you a negative person in your life as well or just in the forum?
Is that statement wrong?

Why is it 'negative' if I'm not convinced De Ligt is the great signing others do? Can I not have an opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.