Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would never trade Gabriel for Martinez. Don't think he's better at all.

Think Dias is also even heavily relying on his reputation in his first season at City, not been the same player at all. Think Militao and Martinez are in quite similar boats. There's not much you can say about them based on this season, you'd have to go back to their last "full season". Real doesn't seem too confident in him, they have been very slow to fit him back in the team as far as I know. A Madrid fan could clear that up.

That is quite fair I wouldn't try to argue against what you just said really.

The other players mentioned in the previous post as being better than Martinez are pretty crazy.

Looks like an interesting profile of player though it seems his best work is outside the box (?) based on highlights.

Would be fun to watch him play with Hojlund against some teams.

It is true, and I didn't say that player needs to fulfill all things, just 1 of 3.
Until this transfer market proves us wrong my statement stands strong.
You and your statement might stand strong in your eyes, but that doesn’t make it any less half witted.

Rudiger, Dias, Militao, Saliba and Gabriel are all currently better than him.

Van Dijk is past it, he drops clangers all the time. Araujo is massively overrated. Marquinhos plays in the French league and never looks that good for Brazil or in the CL, another one that is massively overrated.

Gvardiol he plays at left back mostly and is definitely not better than Martinez. Garnacho had his pants down in the FA Cup final and he always has a mistake in him.

Ake and Akanji both look better than they really are due to Pep's system, they're not all that, definitely not better than Martinez, not even close.

Kim he's just had an embarrassing season for Bayern. He was awful. He's a one season wonder in the Italian league.

Bremer, come on. Now you're just throwing names around.
This is all laughable. You’re nitpicking others to fit a narrative that Licha is an amazing world class CB. If he was truly truly great, PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern Juventus would all be lining up to buy him. He looked pretty awful this last season, he has had a lot of injuries. His first season with us, he was very good, but it’s not like he was a candidate for team of the season. Would rather have every single one of those mentioned over Licha. Again, he’s a good, sometimes very good CB, but there is no universe when he becomes a top, top CB like peak VVD, Dias, peak Sergio Ramos, Pique… he just doesn’t have the physical tools.

Sheesh. There is such a lack of nuance in the Caf sometimes, it’s astounding.

£35m for the Serie A Young Player of the Season is good going whatever way you want to look at it. He looks to have real technical quality on the ball and I'm really looking forward to watching him link up with Mainoo.

The more players we can get with that sort of ball paying confidence playing together, the better things will be.

£35m is a fecking good deal for a full international and a player voted top young player in Italy.....plus the payments are spread out over 3 years

Not sure we would be wise to raid players from Serie A seeing the massive decline of Italian football. Coupled with the fact that oafs like Lukaku still being able to thrive there, does not bode well for general football standards of that league.

Not the player I would have signed for our striker depth and added creativity, but when he signs I'll be positive and hopeful that his strength and linkup will get the best out of our attacking players to make up the goals.

Helps that we arent spending much on him for the initial season rather than paying the buyout up front.

So is he a Kai Havertz type forward? Is this a fair comparison, in terms of playing style?

No. He is just a more technically gifted no. 9 who can play as no. 10, too! I haven't seen him playing since 2020 when he played centre forward when Lewandowski was injured - then the Covid break came! He even saved us a match or 2. He functioned very well with Müller behind him. Problem at Bayern was that you cannot develop a younh player behind someone like Lewy... or now with Kane as Bayern wanted him to return. (He was starter at Anderlecht when Kompany was the coach!)

Amazing signing! A full international player. Young and skilful. I see good things coming out from him.

Hopefully with ETH's acumen, he will be moved to play as winger and take over the ineffective ones like Sancho.

Hope he does well but i has a feeling he'll struggle just like the rest

I just don't get it. £33m for this type of player. I know the payments are spread but he's 23 years old and hasn't shown alot. He isn't Utd class and never will be.

I thought Ineos were there to get our recruitment right. The more I see and hear the more I think it's job for the boys. He'll be a squad player that will add little apart from run abouts in the FA cup.

There is a reason why Weghorst starts / is brought on infront of him for the Dutch team. Koeman knows far more about the Dutch players than ETH and our board so I am at lost as to what we are doing. It's just frustrating that any schoolboy can see why this won't add any value. It's just another £33m down the drain when we are trying to actually finish above 8th.
What are you expecting for 33m? Mbappe?

I like how noone's reporting the commissions paid to the agent as part of the fee. I automatically assumed United transfers therefore the media's going to pad them by quite a bit.

I like how noone's reporting the commissions paid to the agent as part of the fee. I automatically assumed United transfers therefore the media's going to pad them by quite a bit.
They usually wait for the transfer to go through and bring on the bullshit and lay it on thick.

We needed another striker. Taking punts on young internationals is ok with me. Hope he develops into a top player.

Genuinely thrilled with this. I don't like to get involved in muppetry (though it's fun to follow along) I'm too old.

A few "if's" about him but I'm really excited to see how he and Rasmus play together. It helps he's a big fella with a great touch as well.

This is all laughable. You’re nitpicking others to fit a narrative that Licha is an amazing world class CB. If he was truly truly great, PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern Juventus would all be lining up to buy him. He looked pretty awful this last season, he has had a lot of injuries. His first season with us, he was very good, but it’s not like he was a candidate for team of the season. Would rather have every single one of those mentioned over Licha. Again, he’s a good, sometimes very good CB, but there is no universe when he becomes a top, top CB like peak VVD, Dias, peak Sergio Ramos, Pique… he just doesn’t have the physical tools.

Sheesh. There is such a lack of nuance in the Caf sometimes, it’s astounding.
This must be the silliest post I have ever seen.

A centre back who has been citied by most people to have been on of the biggest reasons that United fell from 3rd to 8th due to his absence.
A centre back that had Pep talking about as one of the very best in the world after a final victory when he shut down Haaland.
A centre back who has been arguably the best defender in the current Copa America.

And yet he is just "good".

Status
Not open for further replies.