Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after watching YouTube videos of him I’m not quite sure what type of player he is. Strange profile, with no immediate stand out qualities, but eager to see how he gets on.

Maybe looking nothing special/average in youtube highlights will be a blessing and he'll be great in real life.

Even after watching YouTube videos of him I’m not quite sure what type of player he is. Strange profile, with no immediate stand out qualities, but eager to see how he gets on.

Maybe he just hasn't uploaded the good ones yet.

He looks like a baller to me. I think it's easy to get caught up in highlights, physical attributes and whatever (though he has those). Some players just know how to play, to bring others into the game, to raise the level of their team. Game intelligence allows them to influence the game in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet. I really hope this dude can bring some of that to our team. Because feck me, we do have a bunch of headless chickens out there at times.

I reckon Rashford benefits the most from this signing. His and Martials link up was top notch. I hope he doesn’t occupy the positions Bruno will though, that will be an issue for the manager to sort out.
Also good for Bruno to have competition. We need that badly, for all positions

Greenwood out and Zirkzee in. Club operating in a professional and mature manner, thank goodness.

As someone who hasn't seen him play.. how does he compare to someone like Gakpo??
Both young dutch forwards.. Gakpo was linked to us as well.. Both similar fees as well.

He was on trial with us in 2017 but ended up signing for Bayern. One that got away.

I understand similar to young Ibrahimovic, not as strong but faster.

I think he will be a good addition. I think our wide players will benefit playing with Zirkzee. Also like the fact he is very different to Hojlund . We now have one very technical striker who likes it into feet and another who gets in behind and stretches teams. Hojlund looked good back end of the season coming off the bench when teams were tiring. Happy with this signing. Good price in todays market.

Last edited:
I just don't get it. £33m for this type of player. I know the payments are spread but he's 23 years old and hasn't shown alot. He isn't Utd class and never will be.

I thought Ineos were there to get our recruitment right. The more I see and hear the more I think it's job for the boys. He'll be a squad player that will add little apart from run abouts in the FA cup.

There is a reason why Weghorst starts / is brought on infront of him for the Dutch team. Koeman knows far more about the Dutch players than ETH and our board so I am at lost as to what we are doing. It's just frustrating that any schoolboy can see why this won't add any value. It's just another £33m down the drain when we are trying to actually finish above 8th.

So even after Ineos, United transfer plan is still based on few things:
1. Player is from Netherlands
2. He played for one of 3-4 top clubs from Eredivisie
3. He played for the club which EtH was part of

I believe he never made his senior appearance for Feyenoord. He was in their young academy.

I for one am very excited about this signing. A different profile to Hojlund.

Great price. We are finally getting a grip on our ridiculous transfer fees. I like.

I just don't get it. £33m for this type of player. I know the payments are spread but he's 23 years old and hasn't shown alot. He isn't Utd class and never will be.

I thought Ineos were there to get our recruitment right. The more I see and hear the more I think it's job for the boys. He'll be a squad player that will add little apart from run abouts in the FA cup.

There is a reason why Weghorst starts / is brought on infront of him for the Dutch team. Koeman knows far more about the Dutch players than ETH and our board so I am at lost as to what we are doing. It's just frustrating that any schoolboy can see why this won't add any value. It's just another £33m down the drain when we are trying to actually finish above 8th.
WOUT is there to cause havoc.. play long balls.. improve offseinve and defensive headers

Highest percentage of dribbles completed in serie A last season. His flair and dribbling are his best attributes.

As someone who hasn't seen him play.. how does he compare to someone like Gakpo??
Both young dutch forwards.. Gakpo was linked to us as well.. Both similar fees as well.

Gakpo is a winger, Zirkzee a centre forward.

Utter nonsense.

There is a reason opinions like yours are few and far between.

Think he's a rotation option off the bench to take Martial's position and playtime. Would be surprised if we benched Rasmus for him, one given that they aren't exactly the same type of players, he's less clinical than Rasmus and after what was a decent first season for the dane.

you have to completely ignore the other targets like yoro and ugarte for this to be true

How many times is this going to get posted?

Ah yes, famously good manager Ronald Koeman is whose ability judgement we should be basing our transfers on

So so miserable.

Rudiger, Dias, Militao, Saliba and Gabriel are all currently better than him.

Van Dijk is past it, he drops clangers all the time. Araujo is massively overrated. Marquinhos plays in the French league and never looks that good for Brazil or in the CL, another one that is massively overrated.

Gvardiol he plays at left back mostly and is definitely not better than Martinez. Garnacho had his pants down in the FA Cup final and he always has a mistake in him.

Ake and Akanji both look better than they really are due to Pep's system, they're not all that, definitely not better than Martinez, not even close.

Kim he's just had an embarrassing season for Bayern. He was awful. He's a one season wonder in the Italian league.

Bremer, come on. Now you're just throwing names around.
Would never trade Gabriel for Martinez. Don't think he's better at all.

Think Dias is also even heavily relying on his reputation in his first season at City, not been the same player at all. Think Militao and Martinez are in quite similar boats. There's not much you can say about them based on this season, you'd have to go back to their last "full season". Real doesn't seem too confident in him, they have been very slow to fit him back in the team as far as I know. A Madrid fan could clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.