Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is he a Kai Havertz type forward? Is this a fair comparison, in terms of playing style?

I just don't get it. £33m for this type of player. I know the payments are spread but he's 23 years old and hasn't shown alot. He isn't Utd class and never will be.

I thought Ineos were there to get our recruitment right. The more I see and hear the more I think it's job for the boys. He'll be a squad player that will add little apart from run abouts in the FA cup.

There is a reason why Weghorst starts / is brought on infront of him for the Dutch team. Koeman knows far more about the Dutch players than ETH and our board so I am at lost as to what we are doing. It's just frustrating that any schoolboy can see why this won't add any value. It's just another £33m down the drain when we are trying to actually finish above 8th.

:lol:

I think he's a signing for our best talents. I think the way he drops deep and links play with quick thinking and technical execution will suit Mainoo down to a tee.

I think he'll also link up great with Rashford and Garnacho..

Mainoo to Zirkzee to Rashford! GOAL!! I think we'll be hearing this a lot

I think he's a signing for our best talents. I think the way he drops deep and links play with quick thinking and technical execution will suit Mainoo down to a tee.

Hang on, VAR will want to take a closer look at this..

Think he's a rotation option off the bench to take Martial's position and playtime. Would be surprised if we benched Rasmus for him, one given that they aren't exactly the same type of players, he's less clinical than Rasmus and after what was a decent first season for the dane.
I don't get the need to overthink this. If Zirkzee comes in and outscores Rasmus in the first month alone, he's starting ahead of Rasmus. It's not rocket science, you play the forward with the best form. It's competition and Rasmus hasn't done enough to be guaranteed a starting spot, which you saw towards the end of last season when he came off the bench a lot. It's good to have more options so they push each other on.

I just don't get it. £33m for this type of player. I know the payments are spread but he's 23 years old and hasn't shown alot. He isn't Utd class and never will be.

I thought Ineos were there to get our recruitment right. The more I see and hear the more I think it's job for the boys. He'll be a squad player that will add little apart from run abouts in the FA cup.

There is a reason why Weghorst starts / is brought on infront of him for the Dutch team. Koeman knows far more about the Dutch players than ETH and our board so I am at lost as to what we are doing. It's just frustrating that any schoolboy can see why this won't add any value. It's just another £33m down the drain when we are trying to actually finish above 8th.

You sound very knowledgable... how come you're not a professional scout mate?

Never seen him play but if he’s as intelligent on the pitch as some are suggesting I’m all up for it. We need more players with a high football IQ.

Not a very exciting signing. If he's the only attacking player we bring in I fear we're going to have the same old problems this season.

Now go and prove me wrong, kid.

I’m keeping my expectations low, but theoretically I agree with you. Rashford and Garnacho both look to get in behind and bear down on goal. Zirkzee as a more playmaking 9, has the theoretical potential to be a great fit for them both; playing them through as they cut in from out wide. I can also see him forming some nice triangles with Mainoo and Fernandes.

Would never trade Gabriel for Martinez. Don't think he's better at all.

Think Dias is also even heavily relying on his reputation in his first season at City, not been the same player at all. Think Militao and Martinez are in quite similar boats. There's not much you can say about them based on this season, you'd have to go back to their last "full season". Real doesn't seem too confident in him, they have been very slow to fit him back in the team as far as I know. A Madrid fan could clear that up.

There's not one defender I'd rather have than Martinez. He's absolute quality.

So even after Ineos, United transfer plan is still based on few things:
1. Player is from Netherlands
2. He played for one of 3-4 top clubs from Eredivisie
3. He played for the club which EtH was part of
Zirkzee has played the sum total of 0 minutes in the Eredivisie.

Not a very exciting signing. If he's the only attacking player we bring in I fear we're going to have the same old problems this season.

Now go and prove me wrong, kid.

It’s funny because an exciting signing would be a big name, a bonafide raw wonderkid, or a virtuoso….but personally I find it much more exciting that we have signed a player that seemingly fits a tactical blueprint and provides us to a vastly different option to the ones we already have. I am far less interested in how he performs individually, and far more moved by the potentially positive effect he can have on our team play and chemistry.

Excitement, it seems, is in the eye of the beholder.

Zirkzee has played the sum total of 0 minutes in the Eredivisie.
When ten hag realizes this
walter-white-shocked-crying-umcd3bqry6xnkn85.gif

Also it's nice that we're taking some pressure off Rasmus without breaking the bank.

(and giving him some competition to keep him on his toes - which will do him good)

It’s funny because an exciting signing would be a big name, a bonafide raw wonderkid, or a virtuoso….but personally I find it much more exciting that we have signed a player that seemingly fits a tactical blueprint and provides us to a vastly different option to the ones we already have. I am far less interested in how he performs individually, and far more moved by the potentially positive effect he can have on our team play and chemistry.

100%

So even after Ineos, United transfer plan is still based on few things:
1. Player is from Netherlands
2. He played for one of 3-4 top clubs from Eredivisie
3. He played for the club which EtH was part of

it’s hard to know what to say to such reductive, half witted posts like that one.

meh...

Hannibal Mejbri MK2

Absolutely spot on. That is, assuming you ignore every single detail.

I am going to venture that you don’t actually know who either player is.

It's because of cash flow. Payment structure doesn't impact FFP/PSR, so this deal is worse for that compared to paying the clause.

that’s only from a PSR standpoint. However, with the number of signings we need to make, lesser cash upfront is much better to free up money to make more moves. For e.g we can now pay 40 m for De ligt upfront without impacting a Brainthwaite/ Yoro transfer.

He’s basically what we should of had from Martial this season in my opinion, also gives another option upfront so we don’t solely have to rely on Hojlund.

Some of the stuff in this vid looks really good. He’s got good technique. The way he drops deep aswell may benefit Onana as he can either decide to play it to Zirkzee or look beyond him and go long ball.

We are actually signing an underrated player at a reasonable price that fits brilliantly to our squad and needs...what the hell is going on here???

Very few on here will have seen enough of him to make a judgement. Looks promising in highlights, with a more diverse skillset than the rest of the attackers. How that transfers to the PL we will just have to wait and see.

I think Rasmus has some real competition on his hands this season, because he’s not a shoe in to start over Zirkzee.

And that’s exactly how it should be.

More of that all over the pitch please. During Fergie’s time here, we always had realistic competition for places, and rarely a settled first choice XI. He was able to rotate nearly every game, because whichever players he brought in, they were always close enough in quality to the first choice starter, that we remained a strong side. They also almost always offered different skill sets, which made it hard for people to play against us, as it was hard to predict exactly how we’d play as the personnel varied so much. Not to mention how fresh it kept the squad, and how flexible you could be in preparing for different opposition and tactical challenges.

I would love to see us add more quality in depth for this season. Right now for example, if all goes to plan, we will have Ugarte and Mainoo starting behind Bruno. We have a perfect situation with Mount rotating with Bruno, but if we ship Casemiro off, we are going to need at least one more CM to compete with Ugarte and Mainoo. Otherwise our options will be Eriksen and McTominay, and ETH will just overplay the first choice duo because the alternatives are so poor. So some real work to do there.

All said, we seem to be shopping in the 21-25 age bracket, in the 30-45m range (excepting Branthwiate or Yoro), targeting smart deals for players on affordable wages, proven quality, but plenty of potential for considerable improvement. I thoroughly approve of this. Lightly impressed with our shrewdness and forward planning at this stage. Excited to see how the rest of the window pans out.

Highest percentage of dribbles completed in serie A last season. His flair and dribbling are his best attributes.

Thanks, that’s really surprising. The terrible videos I’ve watched don’t highlight that as a feature at all. More focus on his hold up play.

At the end we dont need stars but a team that works brilliantly. Look at this EC, Spains team is not as good individually as in the past yet they play amazing football

Thanks, that’s really surprising. The terrible videos I’ve watched don’t highlight that as a feature at all. More focus on his hold up play.

He looks quite gangly when he dribbles and I can't remember him going past more than 1 much at all from the games I've seen of his. But he is quite good at turning a player and creating space to either get a pass away or a shot.

it’s hard to know what to say to such reductive, half witted posts like that one.

Absolutely spot on. That is, assuming you ignore every single detail.

I am going to venture that you don’t actually know who either player is.
It is true, and I didn't say that player needs to fulfill all things, just 1 of 3.
Until this transfer market proves us wrong my statement stands strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.