Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you on a wind up here? He played for two minutes and had a single touch all game, which was a pass wide to Gakpo who made nothing of it. How did he look weak in the air? There was literally one aerial duel he engaged in ffs :lol:

Maybe you should remind yourself that the Dutch fans want to play Zirkzee ahead of Depay and Weghorst, but Koeman is who he is. Managers make strange decisions because they have preferences, who would have thought?!
Sad thing is - he's not. Most of them are not.

First time I seen him tonight and have to say I wasn't impressed.... His lack of urgency and intensity in his warm up was borderline criminal. Think it spread onto the rest of the Dutch team and in turn led to them switching off, being so lax defensively late on and conceding the winner. He's cost his team big time.
Top wumming!

The issue with Dutch players is not that they’re necessarily bad at football, many of them are quite good, historically speaking, however, they are the international football equivalent to Tottenham, the biggest bunch of bottlers in world football.
Its not even due to the nepotistic nature of these transfers with the ETH connections, or how irrelevant Dutch clubs have been in Europe for decades, that I have issues with these sort of transfers.

Lets break this down:

Verburggen - Plays for Brighton, a pointless club with zero ambitions outside of making money on the players they got on the cheap.

Ake - Pep being a ruthless winner eclipsed his Dutch bottling mentality.
Van Dijk - Won very little during his club’s best period in 3 decades, Klopp’s winning mentality took him over the line, at times.
De Vrij - Plays in a terrible league, lost a CL final.
Dumfries - Plays in a terrible league, lost a CL final.

Schouten - Never heard of him before this tournament but he’s shite.
Reijnders - Good genes, never heard of him before the tournament, he’s not very good.
Simons - Got “Xavi” on the back of his shirt, proceeded to be on the verge of tears for almost the entire match.

Malen - He was absolutely dreadful, I had to look who he plays for, turns out its Dortmund, basically the Brighton of Germany, a pointless club known for their fans with their cute little banners and selling absolute duds to United for a fortune, absolute bottlers.
Depay - There’s really nothing to say here, quite possibly the most pointless player in the world.
Gakpo - He played well in the tournament, hardly a world beater or a winner.

And you’re telling me this 40m man from Bologna that no one has ever heard of until 2 weeks ago, who couldn’t get more than 5 minutes in total ahead of any of these players is supposed to close the gap between us and City?

To conclude, is there an “undo” button for this transfer? Just in case of course xoxo

Last edited:
The issue with Dutch players is not that they’re necessarily bad at football, many of them are quite good, historically speaking, however, they are the international football equivalent to Tottenham, the biggest bunch of bottlers in world football.
Its not even due to the nepotistic nature of these transfers with the ETH connections, or how irrelevant Dutch clubs have been in Europe for decades, that I have issues with these sort of transfers.

Lets break this down:

Verburggen - Plays for Brighton, a pointless club with zero ambitions outside of making money on the players they got on the cheap.

Van Dijk - Won very little during his club’s best period in 3 decades, Klopp’s winning mentality took him over the line, at times.

Reijnders - Good genes, never heard of him before the tournament, he’s not very good.
Simons - Got “Xavi” on the back of his shirt, proceeded to be on the verge of tears for almost the entire match.

Malen - He was absolutely dreadful, I had to look who he plays for, turns out its Dortmund, basically the Brighton of Germany, a pointless club known for their fans with their cute little banners and selling absolute duds to United for a fortune, absolute bottlers.
Depay - There’s really nothing to say here, quite possibly the most pointless player in the world.

And you’re telling me this 40m man from Bologna that no one has ever heard of until 2 weeks ago, who couldn’t get more than 5 minutes in total ahead of any of these players is supposed to close the gap between us and City?

To conclude, is there an “undo” button dor this transfer? Just in case of course xoxo
This post is unbelievably bad, I'm not sure where to begin.

I can't really understand this obsession with Weghorst. He's a big oaf who runs a lot, he produce little in terms of assist and score even less. Compared to him Heskey is fecking Messi.

Lets break this down:

To conclude, is there an “undo” button for this transfer? Just in case of course xoxo

Do you actually watch football or this is AI generated?

I can't really understand this obsession with Weghorst. He's a big oaf who runs a lot, he produce little in terms of assist and score even less. Compared to him Heskey is fecking Messi.
He’s a weirdo, there’s not many of them in world football, a fresh breath of air among all the boring normies.
A complete shithouse with no respect to anyone that if Koeman had any sense would’ve started yesterday in the “false no 10” role that ETH played him at times, ahead of either of these pointless midfielders they have in the pivot.
Should’ve been given the role of getting a England player sent off, I have no doubt he would’ve accomplished it.

But that’s the Dutch bottling mentality for ya, that’s why they never win anything, even when they have good teams.

Do you actually watch football or this is AI generated?
I don’t like AI, none of the folks here watched that guy or Leny Yoro beyond a 3 minute video compilation on youtube, be real.

Last edited:

Weghorst is a 89th minute sub trying to cause chaos in the box, dreadful player.

Not sure what Koeman was on all tournament not giving minutes to Brobbey or Zirzkee.

If we’re taking the two mins of play last night seriously…

I thought he showed a good ability to use his size and link up play that could be great for our wide players.

But that was one moment of play and of course we should all take it with a pinch of salt…right?

I'm glad somebody else noticed this, he seemed to be doing his best 'Hide the pain Harold' impression every time the camera zoomed in on him :lol:

Lets break this down:

Top wumming!

No, this is TOP Wumming! He's just took down an entire nation :lol:

Well, atleast I hope he was wumming :o

This is a totally weird signing and anyone who tries to argue otherwise is wumming.
Not saying it cannot pay off, but this signing is totally left field, saying that Zirkzee was very highly rated a few years back when he came through at Bayern.

We'll be going into next season with 2 strikers who have never scored more than 12 league goals in a top 5 league after having an incredibly poor goal scoring season as a team, very strange

Why is it that when better players are benched for United, it is a manager problem, but when the same happens for every other team, it is a player problem? Why is that a red flag? Was it also a red flag for Diallo when he kept getting benched for Antony who contributed nothing but defensively? Or for Mainoo when McTominay started over him?

So United have never had players on the bench and reserve that are worse than the starting 11? Crazy

ETH led us to 8th in the league. You're crazy if you arent questioning his selections

The Netherlands made it to the semi finals of the euros, had a penalty given against them that never was. England rightfully knocked them out after that but this is about as well as the dutch generally do. Its not because their non goalscoring striker didnt play enough.

This is a totally weird signing and anyone who tries to argue otherwise is wumming.
Not saying it cannot pay off, but this signing is totally left field, saying that Zirkzee was very highly rated a few years back when he came through at Bayern.

We'll be going into next season with 2 strikers who have never scored more than 12 league goals in a top 5 league after having an incredibly poor goal scoring season as a team, very strange

Liverpool built their attack with players in their mid 20s who never scored more 15 league goals in top leagues. Well Firmino scored 16, others 2 who were their main goalscorers didn't.

Same with Arsenal, Jesus, saka, Martinelli never scored more than 15-16 league goals when they started to challenge.

On the other hand we have players like Lukaku who scored more than 20 league goals few times but no top team is going to sign him.

It's not a simple, he scored goals elsewhere, so they will continue or they didn't score goals before so they won't. It's all about how the club rates the skillset of the players and trust their potential.

Lets break this down:

To conclude, is there an “undo” button dor this transfer? Just in case of course xoxo

A- International football is very political. It explained why a manager who relegated Middlesbrough ended up managing England
B- We're buying a backup striker, someone who is willing to sit on the bench and who gives us something different to what Hojlund does. All of it must come on a reasonable fee. Zirkzee does that
C- The biggest mistake United can do is to obsess on bridging the gap with City. That's the sort of obsession Man United post Fergie had and the same kind of obsession Juventus had to win the CL. It leads to short cuts (this marquee signing can do it) which in turn lead to misery. What United need to do is to add more quality to the side while concurrently keeping two eyes on having the right balance. The latter is quite significant. We won the league with a certain Cleverley on the pitch and Pogba on the bench. Let that sink in.

I think Zirkzee will surprise you. He's a weird type of striker who loves dropping deep, dragging CBs with him and thus creating spaces for other forwards to score goals. That suits the likes of Rashford, Garnacho and Bruno who love a crack to the whip themselves. I won't be surprised if in two years Zirkzee will be the one playing on a regular basis.

So United have never had players on the bench and reserve that are worse than the starting 11? Crazy

ETH led us to 8th in the league. You're crazy if you arent questioning his selections

The Netherlands made it to the semi finals of the euros, had a penalty given against them that never was. England rightfully knocked them out after that but this is about as well as the dutch generally do. Its not because their non goalscoring striker didnt play enough.

He also led us to 2nd last season and won the FA Cup this year, so what's your point? You think Koeman is a better manager than ten Hag? I question ten Hag's selections and I question Koeman's selections, like every other Dutch fan does. Why do you think ten Hag is wrong with his selections, but Koeman is right? That was my question. Why is it always a manager issue for United, but for every other team, it's because the player isn't good enough. Do you think that makes sense?

Not being pessimistic about a signing is wumming? What?

I mean we clearly have very smart people doing the business for us now that have exceptional football knowledge, so surely there is an idea behind this signing?

Liverpool built their attack with players in their mid 20s who never scored more 15 league goals in top leagues. Well Firmino scored 16, others 2 who were their main goalscorers didn't.

Same with Arsenal, Jesus, saka, Martinelli never scored more than 15-16 league goals when they started to challenge.

On the other hand we have players like Lukaku who scored more than 20 league goals few times but no top team is going to sign him.

It's not a simple, he scored goals elsewhere, so they will continue or they didn't score goals before so they won't. It's all about how the club rates the skillset of the players and trust their potential.

15 league goals is respectable; Firminho was one of the hottest talents in the Bundesliga and Mane was one of the sort after attackers in the PL (we even tried to sign him) with Salah who just did crazy things in Seria A

Gabriel Jesus off the back of winning multiple PL titles with the best team in the league, supported Saka and Martinelli who looked like promising talents.

It's not comparable. Zirkzee had a very good first half of last season and like I said before was very highly rated at Bayern, add that to Garnacho another promising talent, we are basically relying at the moment (unless we further add to the attack) on the resurgence of Rashford to carry these lot through

I mean we clearly have very smart people doing the business for us now that have exceptional football knowledge, so surely there is an idea behind this signing?

Where did I say that?
Pretending its not a weird signing and it doesn't raise questions is wumming

15 league goals is respectable; Firminho was one of the hottest talents in the Bundesliga and Mane was one of the sort after attackers in the PL (we even tried to sign him) with Salah who just did crazy things in Seria A

Gabriel Jesus off the back of winning multiple PL titles with the best team in the league

It's not comparable.

Their goal scoring record wasn't all that. Teams built one of the best attacks with the players who didn't score lot of goals before they joined the clubs.

Their goal scoring record wasn't all that. Teams built one of the best attacks with the players who didn't score lot of goals before they joined the clubs.

They were also not strikers... except Jesus whos goal scoring record was very respectable. If you were talking about signing a promising wide player like Williams who goal scoring record isn't all that then the comparison would be a lot of sense.
This doesn't, we are talking about signing a CF to add to the CF we already have

All the while like I previously said it may work out, he has a lot of talent after all and has been highly rated previously. Just a weird signing

They were also not strikers... except Jesus whos goal scoring record was very respectable.

They don't have to be strikers, it's not 90s where CF scores lot of goals. Wide attackers scores shit loads of goals.

G.Jesus league goals before Arsenal move - 7,13,7,14,9,8. How is that respectable?

After his move - 11,4.

They don't have to be strikers, it's not 90s where CF scores lot of goals. Wide attackers scores shit loads of goals.

G.Jesus league goals before Arsenal move - 7,13,7,14,9,8. How is that respectable?

After his move - 11,4.

As a second choice to Aguero for most of it, that's why its respectable. Zirkzee has been a starter
Also Zirkzee is not a wide attacker so again, not a good comparison, we are talking about strikers here since he is one...

As a second choice to Aguero for most of it, that's why its respectable. Zirkzee has been a starter
Also Zirkzee is not a wide attacker so again, not a good comparison, we are talking about strikers here since he is one...

Wide attackers, strikers doesn't matter. Stikers are not always team's primary goal scorers. If you want to go by that, Arsenal challenged for league by signing a CF who scored 11 league goals.

Liverpool challenged and won the league when their striker was scoring single digit numbers.

Arsenal, Liverpool showed that good attack can be built with players who didn't have great goal scoring record history.

It's all about team and how they compliment each other.

No, this is TOP Wumming! He's just took down an entire nation :lol:

Well, atleast I hope he was wumming :o
I can keep going, I’m in that type of mood.
Gonna throw some legends under the bus too.

Edwin Van Der Sar - I don’t think he’s ever saved a penalty in a shootout before, got absolutely shafted in Euro 96, CL final 96, WC 98 and Euro 2000.
Somehow managed to save Anelka’s penalty in CL final 08, thank feck for that, fair enough.

Jaap Stam - Won nothing before coming to United, comes to SAF led United, wins everything.
Leaves SAF led United, bottles a fecking 0-3 lead in a CL final to a midtable pathetic Liverpool side with a Milan side full of all time greats like Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka, Shevchenko.
What a joke.

RvN - Great striker.
Before he joins the club:
Manchester United in a period of sheer domination of English football for a decade, won 3 titles in a row, 2 of them were won by March.
After he joins the club:
1 league title in 5 seasons.
After he leaves the club:
The club is a goal difference away in one season and 1 point in an other from winning an unprecedented 7 PL titles in a row.
3 CL finals, won one.

RvP - Great player, won feck all before joining Manchester United, joins Manchester United with SAF, wins a PL title in March.
Does nothing after SAF leaves, ends his footballing career playing in Turkey’s kebab league where someone called him an old man.

I genuinely hope we never sign Dutch players ever again.

Last edited:
The caf: United only sign big names and obvious signings. What are our scouts doing.

Also the caf: What are they doing signing a player I've never watched?. Why isn't he starting for one of the best national sides.
There’s More than 2 people on the caf believe it or believe it not

Lets break this down:

:lol:
Promote this guy

First time I seen him tonight and have to say I wasn't impressed.... His lack of urgency and intensity in his warm up was borderline criminal. Think it spread onto the rest of the Dutch team and in turn led to them switching off, being so lax defensively late on and conceding the winner. He's cost his team big time.

class :lol: :lol: :lol: , i think we need to get on the phone to John Murtough and get him back whatever the cost to sort this mess out.

Wide attackers, strikers doesn't matter. Stikers are not always team's primary goal scorers. If you want to go by that, Arsenal challenged for league by signing a CF who scored 11 league goals.

Liverpool challenged and won the league when their striker was scoring single digit numbers.

Arsenal, Liverpool showed that good attack can be built with players who didn't have great goal scoring record history.

It's all about team and how they compliment each other.

Liverpool did not Salah came to Liverpool off the back of good goal scoring season at Roma.
Which is why I said, we are currently if we do not sign another attacker, relying on Rashfords resurgence

He also led us to 2nd last season and won the FA Cup this year, so what's your point? You think Koeman is a better manager than ten Hag? I question ten Hag's selections and I question Koeman's selections, like every other Dutch fan does. Why do you think ten Hag is wrong with his selections, but Koeman is right? That was my question. Why is it always a manager issue for United, but for every other team, it's because the player isn't good enough. Do you think that makes sense?

International football is by nature political. In club football success is built on a series of victories Its a build up for success. International football on the other hand is a toss of a coin and the manager has little time to analyze who are in his side and who would rather have someone else as manager/would prefer to spend the summer on a beach instead. Therefore the manager in question would want an XI he can rely on and who know exactly what he wants out of them.

That's something I understand within reason. Having Zirkzee on the bench and Weghorst on the pitch though go way past any line of reason though. To think that the Weg is playing in the same shirt once worn by Van Basten and RVN is depressing.

Yes ETH did that the season before when nobody was asking for Amad to play instead of Antony. This season we finished 8th. Of course everyone is questioning the selection

Admittedly, dont watch him play at all beside some compilation from YT but think hes surely not good for us going from opinion of some of posters here.

Hes dutch (the country equivalent to the biggest bottlers Tottenham, have to target French, Italian, or Spain, England (have to wait for the final).

He dont score enough goals and coming deep to get the ball and link up, we dont need that because we have Bruno, we must buy the ones that scores a lot or stay inside the 6 yard box like Oshimen, Toney (dont want him, gambling addict), Watkin, Kane, Giroud, Benzema, Morata...and so on. We have 2 of the best wingers in EPL that hungry to provide assist after assists and crosses after crosses so we need the strikers to get to the end of it and score all the goals that this team need by himself (a 20 goals season).

Oh, whats more, like one poster points out what is the probabilty of him succeed to the top having afro hairstyles like that, base on that we should be concerned.

Yesterday game is the first time i see him play, admittedly only for 2 mins but the touch wasnt good enough, the pass almost coundnt find his teammate, didnt run through bricks to get in the box after that. Hes must be not good because we saw Watkin came in and score within 2 mins because Zirkzee allow him to turn and score. Not good enough for us...

Based on the above i think its a hard pass for me.

Admittedly, dont watch him play at all beside some compilation from YT but think hes surely not good for us going from opinion of some of posters here.

Hes dutch (the country equivalent to the biggest bottlers Tottenham, have to target French, Italian, or Spain, England (have to wait for the final).

He dont score enough goals and coming deep to get the ball and link up, we dont need that because we have Bruno, we must buy the ones that scores a lot or stay inside the 6 yard box like Oshimen, Toney (dont want him, gambling addict), Watkin, Kane, Giroud, Benzema, Morata...and so on. We have 2 of the best wingers in EPL that hungry to provide assist after assists and crosses after crosses so we need the strikers to get to the end of it and score all the goals that this team need by himself (a 20 goals season).

Oh, whats more, like one poster points out what is the probabilty of him succeed to the top having afro hairstyles like that, base on that we should be concerned.

Yesterday game is the first time i see him play, admittedly only for 2 mins but the touch wasnt good enough, the pass almost coundnt find his teammate, didnt run through bricks to get in the box after that. Hes must be not good because we saw Watkin came in and score within 2 mins because Zirkzee allow him to turn and score. Not good enough for us...

This is the problem with a lot of fans, they judge players solely on Youtube and cameo performances.

We have 2 of the best wingers in EPL that hungry to provide assist after assists and crosses after crosses so we need the strikers to get to the end of it and score all the goals that this team need by himself (a 20 goals season).

And exactly who are these 2 wingers that are hungry to provide assists and crosses?

I remember Rashford and Garnacho on the wings, neither of those looking to cross or assist at any given time?

We already have a goal scorer in Hojlund, he got next to no service from our wingers last season.

That’s why I wanted Olise, but maybe Zirkzee can unlock the best out of Hojlund.

We have the opposite of that statement. We have wingers who want to be at the end of chances rather than creating chances. Rashford and greenwood/james played well with martial who liked to drop deep. Rashford also played well with Werghost. Bruno has played with 9's that drop deep and found space for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.