Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that, given United's supposedly limited resources, making this signing now doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Don't you have more pressing needs than a striker who doesn't score a lot?
I think I read somewhere that our priority was to sign a ST(to replace Martial), CB(to replace Varane) and a CM(presumably to replace one of Casemiro/Amrabat/Eriksen who might end up leaving). The other positions are dependent on whether we manage to sell someone. Like RW, if we manage to offload Greenwood and Sancho, then they'll look to bring someone in.

Yep, I think it's very much deliberate reporting from most, to make it always sound like worse deals for us.
Certainly looks like it. We haven't even signed him yet there are already articles on how the price would be inflated.

I’m excited by this signing, although it seems others are not.

i think his movement upfront while fed by Bruno will create loads of space for everyone.

add a more solid defence and we’ll be making progress

I think I read somewhere that our priority was to sign a ST(to replace Martial), CB(to replace Varane) and a CM(presumably to replace one of Casemiro/Amrabat/Eriksen who might end up leaving). The other positions are dependent on whether we manage to sell someone. Like RW, if we manage to offload Greenwood and Sancho, then they'll look to bring someone in.
Varane was a starter, and I assume you'd be looking for a starter at DM too? Whereas Martial was a backup....

Varane was a starter, and I assume you'd be looking for a starter at DM too? Whereas Martial was a backup....

de Ligt to replace Varane and Ugarte potentially to replace Casemiro. Zirkzee will provide depth and a different option in the striker department. From there I think it will depend on outgoings to fund and make room for other signings like a right winger, another CB and maybe another midfielder.

My guess is yes as we have had links with a DM in Ugarte. ETH banked on Martial as his starter for his first season here and when he was injured he looked for cheap loans/backups. Even this previous season he was comfortable with signing Hojlund and having him and Martial as his options until Martial broke again and disappeared for like 90% of the season.

I'm pretty sure we are signing a ST to compete and rotate with Hojlund especially as Rashford has shown he hates playing there and Greenwood is done here. So we would we only left with Hojlund as a genuine striker option.

I'm just being correct again

When I'm proved wrong, I'll join your optimism. Unfortunately the downfall with being correct so often is that I know when we're about to do something bad. Which is frequent

The logic of that stance is so mental that I think it's best we leave it there.

So is he coming in to be a starter? And where.
Its interesting, I don't think he can play with Hojlund, but he would suit a 4222 (as would Rashford and Garnacho, on paper).
Back 5
Mainoo-Ugarte
Bruno-Zirkzee
Rashford Garnacho

could be very wrong about that too :lol:

So is he coming in to be a starter? And where.
I think they would like him in the false 9 role that Bruno played at the end of last season. Helps bring Rashford/Garnacho into play more.

I thought the idea was INEOS were going to stop us getting taken for mugs.

The 13m in agent fees turns this from a good deal to a bad deal surely?

Its interesting, I don't think he can play with Hojlund, but he would suit a 4222 (as would Rashford and Garnacho, on paper).
Back 5
Mainoo-Ugarte
Bruno-Zirkzee
Rashford Garnacho

could be very wrong about that too :lol:

We could throw in Bruno RW too. Ten Hag played him in that role a few times.

Sheringham was incredible with a beautiful football brain. Zirkzee is more like Patrick Bamford
I can't imagine you get taken serious anymore, Patrick Bamford and Zirkzee aren't remotely similar

I can't imagine you get taken serious anymore, Patrick Bamford and Zirkzee aren't remotely similar
In fairness I think people will forget who the poster was who compared Zirkzee to Patrick Bamford within the next day

I'm pretty sure they're just a troll. Some of their responses on here today have been so close to a piss take I wouldn't be surprised if they were just some kind of demented AI chatbot

Quality control
I'm pretty sure they're just a troll. Some of their responses on here today have been so close to a piss take I wouldn't be surprised if they were just some kind of demented AI chatbot
he/him thank you. Being called a they is very offensive and you're lucky I haven't reported you

Maybe so, but you still have a bunch of options up top and need actual starters - so likely more expensive - elsewhere?
We have one senior striker at the club and he's 21. Whether or not Zirkzee is the correct profile to be targeting is another question, but we definitely need another striker.

I do agree that, given United's supposedly limited resources, making this signing now doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Don't you have more pressing needs than a striker who doesn't score a lot?
Looks like all the Serie A watchers are saying the same thing but it won’t stop the muppets from projecting him to be what he isn’t.

The only way this adds up to me is if our football department think none of our attacking players are core building blocks for the team they eventually want to build. So maybe Zirkzee is the first piece in a new attack they want to create. I suppose it makes sense as only Garnacho and Hojlund look like they could be here long term and I’m of the opinion both are squad options in the long term rather than starters.

Are we renting him from his owner for that rumoured 10-15m or are we buying him off him?

How long can a contract last now that the Chelsea loophole has been scrapped? Could he get a 4 year deal with an option for 2 more?

I really like this signing the more I think about it. Rasmus is a little more of a poacher/finisher for me at this point in his career (until he continues to refine his holdup play). Zirkee sounds like a player who wants to drop deep and link the play (like a Harry Kane style), which would allow Rashford/Bruno to run beyond on the 2nd runs. It gives us something different, which is always good option.

Just watched his highlights and he looks good. Obviously bearing in mind this is only showing his best moments.

Probably only concern for me would be that based on his stats he isn't very prolific and we struggled for goals last season.

Just watched his highlights and he looks good. Obviously bearing in mind this is only showing his best moments.

Probably only concern for me would be that based on his stats he isn't very prolific and we struggled for goals last season.
Agree with this… I dunno, if Hojlund continues developing and bags 20 goals and Zirkzee 10, could that be enough for top 4?

I agree mate. I’ve mentioned numerous of times that we need a creative winger. It’s no good having a pure ST when you have no creativity out wide. We have wingers that like to come in and shoot all the time. We need a winger that’s first thoughts are to assist.

This guy isn't a creative wide player though is he

I really like this signing the more I think about it. Rasmus is a little more of a poacher/finisher for me at this point in his career (until he continues to refine his holdup play). Zirkee sounds like a player who wants to drop deep and link the play (like a Harry Kane style), which would allow Rashford/Bruno to run beyond on the 2nd runs. It gives us something different, which is always good option.
I think if we want goals from our wide players (e.g. like Firmino freeing up Mane and Salah) then this could be interesting.

Yeah I'm convinced those are our priorities

Yeah my biggest concern is he's not prolific,wouldn't bother me if we had two forwards with 20+ goals already in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.