Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw its what we used when we beat City in the cup final too.

Whats pessimistic about wanting the team to do what its already doing rather than a transfer we havent made?

That was more aimed at the other poster tbh, I think you and I just have a different idea of what the team needs, rather than you being pessimistic. Zirkzee is the one transfer I'm most unsure of, but I think there's enough there in his profile that he'd offer something. I'm also not sure the cup final tactic is realistic long term, although I'm sure we'll see it again (or at least something similar) for certain matches against certain opponents.

Really we need an elite finisher, even if from the bench, but I just don't know who that is. I think you mentioned Cunha? He's not really prolific, although I think he'd be a good player for us. He cost Wolves about £45m though, which is more than Zirkzee's release clause, so I think he'd end up costing a lot more than he's actually worth.

How Bologna fans describe/view him

GRj-vbNbgAAaKfl

GRj-vacW4AAe8ax

GRj-vaoXwAA7c0c

I think we all know the situation with the agent fees. One thing to remember is that there's always agent fees involved, and they don't always get reported on like this. Look at Haaland, the extra fees City paid in top of his release clause were eye watering compared to this. Much better player though, obviously.

Bit of a difference in Dzeko and Ibra
Not massively, brilliant technicians in 6ft 4 frames. Obviously Ibra was a different level, but on the whole, it's a good way to compare. I think that's a good range of where he might end up and I think Dzeko was always massively underrated.

What is the point in these tweets?
You can say that about most transfer tweets in that case. “United is talking with representatives” is what has been reported in last 1 month in every transfer tweet posted here.

His name reminds me of the south park 300 parody. Mrs garrison - "oh yeah scissor me harder Zirkzee"

The reality is he's a good player who we haven't seen play much because of injuries.

You're just being pessimistic again.
I'm just being correct again

When I'm proved wrong, I'll join your optimism. Unfortunately the downfall with being correct so often is that I know when we're about to do something bad. Which is frequent

And? Would you say Hojlund is a bad finisher? Doesnt have great goal/game ratio but is very much a good finisher.

I agree with the point you're making but I wouldn't put Hojlund as a great finisher. Not enough skill or variety in the finish beyond smashing it in with his left foot.

Needs a whole array of finishes (placed shots, power shots, chips, ability to round the keeper etc) before you can call someone a good finisher

I mean £13m is an abnormally high agent's fee for a transfer of this size.
Yea but there were reports that the supposed 13m fee is for AC Milan due to their bad relationship and the agent would agree to negotiate it down with us. Still the way Luckhurst frames it is a bit ignorant. Literally every transfer ends up north of what the reported fee is. Agent fees/intermediaries fees/signing on fees, there's a lot of fees that don't get reported.

Yea but there were reports that the supposed 13m fee is for AC Milan due to their bad relationship and the agent would agree to negotiate it down with us. Still the way Luckhurst frames it is a bit ignorant. Literally every transfer ends up north of what the reported fee is. Agent fees/intermediaries fees/signing on fees, there's a lot of fees that don't get reported.
Unless it’s Alexis Sanchez to united and they probably reported on the price of lunch. :lol:

I agree with the point you're making but I wouldn't put Hojlund as a great finisher. Not enough skill or variety in the finish beyond smashing it in with his left foot.

Needs a whole array of finishes (placed shots, power shots, chips, ability to round the keeper etc) before you can call someone a good finisher
Yea it's not like he has already scored some goals for us with his right foot and show his ability to score those finishes you mentioned, right? Some of you lot make me question if you even watch our games.

You can say that about most transfer tweets in that case. “United is talking with representatives” is what has been reported in last 1 month in every transfer tweet posted here.
If reported by a credible journalist it still adds value in that we know a deal is still on.

But the bullshit "COMPLETE STRIKER" nonsense about a player still rough round the edges is tiresome. It's nothing more than shit propaganda.

that description sounds a bit more like a Berbatov/Bergkamp type of player as a #9

Unless it’s Alexis Sanchez to united and they probably reported on the price of lunch. :lol:
Feels a bit like journalists are trying to put us in bad light. Or it's just Luckhurst being hurt because he got banned from OT few months again.

Yep, I think it's very much deliberate reporting from most, to make it always sound like worse deals for us.

Ours most often gets the maximum price it could end up as the reported figure - most others get the starting price and just mentions that add ons could up it.

And, as you say, every transfer is higher than just the agreed fee when you include agent fees, signing on fees, and the like. They don't normally get included in the figure or reporting as they're just an extra thing to the actual fee agreed being agreed between the clubs. Of course, when it's a bigger number than usual and it's us involved, such as Sanchez and now Zirkzee, then it's widely reported. While I'm sure many other examples - such as City's astronomically high extra payments when signing Haaland - go mostly under the radar.

Yea it's not like he has already scored some goals for us with his right foot and show his ability to score those finishes you mentioned, right? Some of you lot make me question if you even watch our games.

Likewise. Maybe you don't watch him play at all. Go watch a highlights reel of his goals for us.

I'm just being correct again

When I'm proved wrong, I'll join your optimism. Unfortunately the downfall with being correct so often is that I know when we're about to do something bad. Which is frequent
Yeah, that's not optimism.

The dropping deep, linking the play, technically good and unwillingness to get in the box has me thinking of … Berbatov.

Anyone else? Or am I way off the mark? :lol:

I do agree that, given United's supposedly limited resources, making this signing now doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Don't you have more pressing needs than a striker who doesn't score a lot?

I do agree that, given United's supposedly limited resources, making this signing now doesn't make a whole lot of sense

I think a striker like him means our wingers get far more goals.

Likewise. Maybe you don't watch him play at all. Go watch a highlights reel of his goals for us.
:lol:

Maybe you should. Here's a refresher for you of all the goals he scored for United. All those are just smashing with his left foot, amirite?

Now that Martial has officially left (though was mostly injured anyway), we've got just one striker in the senior squad. And that's 21 year old Hojlund who missed time injured last season and we really suffered without him.

So I'd say that while we certainly have other pressing needs as well - that we're also reportedly addressing - bringing in an alternative #9 is one of those pressing needs. Every team needs squad depth in areas. The #9 area is one of a few areas that currently needs strengthening.

And the fact that we have a few areas needing addressing is why we can't spend big money on a more proven #9 at this stage and why we're fishing in that £35m-£50m pool for our players and not splashing out close to £100m on any.

Status
Not open for further replies.