Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he

He had the likes of Gerard, Lampard, Rio, Terry and Rooney at his disposal that were coached by Fergie and Jose whom I am sure were not coached with an arm on the shoulder as you like to call it and he could do feck all with them when it mattered.
Koeman is one of the greatest Dutch footballers in their history and I am sure his judgement of a footballer whom he watches at close quarters is the one that I will stick with thank you very much but if you feel an allegiance with old grumpy then you go with it.

Fergie was the best man manager in football. Mou was a disciplinarian but he was nowhere near the uncompromising disciplinarians of the previous generation.I suggest you check what Ben foster said about Capello. Its border cruel. We are also talking of a huge football nation who hasn't won anything for more then half a century. Is it really down the manager?

I don't want to turn this into a Capello vs koeman debate. The trophies speak by themselves. You are free to rate zirkzee the way you want. However you have to admit that he's a better player then the wout

Joins in end July
Injured by late August
Gets a run of games by sept/Oct
Wel miss Wout by November

Fergie was the best man manager in football. Mou was a disciplinarian but he was nowhere near the uncompromising disciplinarians of the previous generation.I suggest you check what Ben foster said about Capello. Its border cruel. We are also talking of a huge football nation who hasn't won anything for more then half a century. Is it really down the manager?

I don't want to turn this into a Capello vs koeman debate. The trophies speak by themselves. You are free to rate zirkzee the way you want. However you have to admit that he's a better player then the wout
[/QUOTE=
I watch the Premier League, Champions League (when I can) and major internationals so while I have seen Wout and he is not up to much I have not seen Zirkzee.
Surely you must understand that my original post related to a brilliant former footballer that is now coach does not rate a fellow countryman good enough to be in his squad

My device is playing up
Sorry
who only got in because of an injury to Brobbery (also not up to much).
I see something in that and if I am proven wrong than so be it.

And he

He had the likes of Gerard, Lampard, Rio, Terry and Rooney at his disposal that were coached by Fergie and Jose whom I am sure were not coached with an arm on the shoulder as you like to call it and he could do feck all with them when it mattered.
Koeman is one of the greatest Dutch footballers in their history and I am sure his judgement of a footballer whom he watches at close quarters is the one that I will stick with thank you very much but if you feel an allegiance with old grumpy then you go with it.

I think you miss the part where the majority of Dutch people are criticizing the choices of Koeman and actually do not rate him very well as coach. For example having Wijnaldum in the squad. Imagine Southgate calls up Henderson, but Koeman actually did it, and also keeps playing him while he literally didn't do anything. The reason? Because Wijnaldum did great and was very important during Koeman's first term as coach of the Netherlands (4 years ago!). Same with Depay, even though he was not match fit, didn't play any matches during the qualifiers, he still sticked to him because of sentimental reasons. So yeah, I don't think you should take Koeman's judgement that serious.

I think he will be a great addition over the next few years. Pity about the euros/copa. I reckon we’d have a few players wrapped up by now but not to worry. It’s good that the new structure has as much time as possible to mull things over. Exciting!

One of my biggest worries is that i think Wheatley can play the same way and they almost look like identical brothers both in stature, features, playing style and even hairstyles.

If Wheatley is highly rated by Ten Hag then there's a small possibility that Wheatley may even take over Zirkzee at one point if Zirkzee doesn't add more to his numbers.

Actually, on highlights he looks great. Of course that youtube highlights are last resort to judge a player but with Antony, Onana or Hojlund you could notice some bad traits (which we witnessed later when they started playing for us). This guy (based on youtube compilation) looks perfect. Left foot, right foot, pace, ball control, technique.....

Ok, i am in. I want him.

He looks really good on the ball. On a really high level. Not top but really good on the ball.

I didn't follow Serie A as much. So totally new for me. A another Dutch player. Look like it meant to be. A dutch manager = Dutch player.

Wolves with a Portugese head coach = Portugese players

Palace with Patrick Vieria = French players. Mateta, Olise

But take away the nation connection and relation. Isolate football skill. Like above. Looks really good on the ball. A good finisher too. Good to set up too and combination football.

So as another CF, having a fair battle for CF spot, rotating CF. I think he has what it require and demand.

One of my biggest worries is that i think Wheatley can play the same way and they almost look like identical brothers both in stature, features, playing style and even hairstyles.

If Wheatley is highly rated by Ten Hag then there's a small possibility that Wheatley may even take over Zirkzee at one point if Zirkzee doesn't add more to his numbers.
If we don't offer Zirkee a crazy contract he is young enough to get us all of our money back in a sell so no worries on that front. Hopefully INEOS coming in and bringing competent people into the club means that our days of offering every random player a 200k/week contract are long behind us.

So, if we close on both De Ligt and Zirkzee, that would be mean that since Ten Hag has joined us, we will have bought or loaned the following:

Played in the Dutch league or Dutch players or both:
Martinez
Antony
Malacia
Wout
Onana
Mount
Amrabaat
De Ligt
Zirkzee

Total: €293m + ?

Non Dutch / no Dutch connections:
Casemiro
Dubravka
Eriksen
Sabitzer
Hojlund
Bayandir
Reguilon
Evans

151m

I suppose you could argue that Eriksen belongs in the top category since he played with Ajax when he was younger and reportedly trained with them after his heart attack. Also, Hojlund’s agent or agency is Ten Hag’s son and same agency as his agent Kees Vos (please correct me if I’m wrong).

I sincerely hope that both signings work out, but it seems to me that Ten Hag’s influence remains the same despite all of the talk that he now has a structure behind him so won’t repeat transfer mistakes of the past…

So, if we close on both De Ligt and Zirkzee, that would be mean that since Ten Hag has joined us, we will have bought or loaned the following:

Played in the Dutch league or Dutch players or both:
Martinez
Antony
Malacia
Wout
Onana
Mount
Amrabaat
De Ligt
Zirkzee

Total: €293m + ?

Non Dutch / no Dutch connections:
Casemiro
Dubravka
Eriksen
Sabitzer
Hojlund
Bayandir
Reguilon
Evans

151m

I suppose you could argue that Eriksen belongs in the top category since he played with Ajax when he was younger and reportedly trained with them after his heart attack. Also, Hojlund’s agent or agency is Ten Hag’s son and same agency as his agent Kees Vos (please correct me if I’m wrong).

I sincerely hope that both signings work out, but it seems to me that Ten Hag’s influence remains the same despite all of the talk that he now has a structure behind him so won’t repeat transfer mistakes of the past…

Basically Hojlund and Casemiro were the only big money permenant signings that were expected to play a significant number of games who aren't linked to Holland. It is a bit weird.

I think you miss the part where the majority of Dutch people are criticizing the choices of Koeman and actually do not rate him very well as coach. For example having Wijnaldum in the squad. Imagine Southgate calls up Henderson, but Koeman actually did it, and also keeps playing him while he literally didn't do anything. The reason? Because Wijnaldum did great and was very important during Koeman's first term as coach of the Netherlands (4 years ago!). Same with Depay, even though he was not match fit, didn't play any matches during the qualifiers, he still sticked to him because of sentimental reasons. So yeah, I don't think you should take Koeman's judgement that serious.
When has the public never criticised a coach? It is what they do.
Fact is that he has them sitting in the quarters and favoured to get through to the semi finals so I would imagine a large portion of the dutch will be happy with that.

May have already been posted.

Zirkzee best attributes are his dribbling and flair. Can be frustrating to watch and goal shy. Though more of a 9 and a half or a 10.

Will drop into spaces where Fernandes plays, so how that works remains to be seen.

Why do Man Utd want Zirkzee?

Zirkzee best attributes are his dribbling and flair. Can be frustrating to watch and goal shy. Though more of a 9 and a half or a 10.

Will drop into spaces where Fernandes plays, so how that works remains to be seen.

Yeah it's the goal shy thing is exactly why I hope we are looking at a goalscoring backup ST too

Because we have more inverted forwards than Strikers.

If we had more strikers then we need to buy more creative players for central strikers as we saw with Hojlund both lacking service aswell as not providing service to or from the wider players.

Zirkzee is about getting the best out of our inverted forwards again especially now that Martial has left.

ive no problem with Zirkzee being a more mobile an active forward....much prefer the days where we played rooney,ronaldo and tevez with their movement and mobility then just having a static center forward

ffs...we did quite well in the past with guys who played this way like Berbatov and Ruud

Yeah it's the goal shy thing is exactly why I hope we are looking at a goalscoring backup ST too
Chopo Motang (Bayern) / joselu (Madrid) as examples of journeymen players who can do a job when called upon. Maybe we need someone like that. Happy to be a squad player, knowing he won't start regularly.

Bruno’s best season in terms of output he was often the furthest forward. He’s more than capable dovetailing with a striker and running ahead of them.

Chopo Motang (Bayern) / joselu (Madrid) as examples of journeymen players who can do a job when called upon. Maybe we need someone like that. Happy to be a squad player, knowing he won't start regularly.

Didn't most of the fanbase look down their nose at the prospect of signing Choupo-Moting

Has Milan announced they have signed him yet?

No, and we almost certainly won't. We're not paying those commissions. And with your new ownership it seems you may not either.
Such a ridiculous scenario for a simply good player. No more, no less.

No, and we almost certainly won't. We're not paying those commissions. And with your new ownership it seems you may not either.

You do know that football started spiraling out of control thanks to your former owner don't you ( the one with the mafia links)?

Surely the agent works for the client in a normal situation but it seems the other way around in this case.

The lack of any links to alternatives to him suggest that we might, now whether that's the right thing to do is a different matter entirely.

Never seen him play but going off highlights(dumb as that is)I think he could work well in a front 3 with Rashford and Garnacho, adds the creativity and flexibility that Rash/Hojlund/Garnacho lack.

I would prefer Cunha but would be much more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.