Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Stand say no more
Still, United Stand are generally known to whip up shit. I'd prefer to see what the actual quotes were. That being said - Sky isn't exactly breaking news either.

Still, United Stand are generally known to whip up shit. I'd prefer to see what the actual quotes were. That being said - Sky isn't exactly breaking news either.

Can't stand the channel it's thumbnail bait central

We need to wait for the Netherlands to get knocked out for him to tell us he wants to stay in Italy and join Milan.

PSG want Neves | Milan, Juve, Man Utd fight for Zirkzee | Conte chases Lukaku | Everton takeover
Season 1, Ep. 7

Thursday, June 27, 2024
Aurelio Capaldi joins Duncan Castles for a Transfers Podcast special.

+ PSG move for Joao Neves

+ Milan, Juve fight Man Utd for Zirkzee

+ Conte blocks Kvaratskhelia sale

+ Lukaku to Napoli

+ De Zerbi targets Greenwood

+ The Friedkins in football: Should Everton be concerned?

+ Maresca shock

+ Serie A money troubles

How's he not even getting a sniff in Koeman's side during the euros - especially as they're struggling in attack and he's coming off a seemingly good season?

So this uninspiring mini saga will draw to a close in the next two days?

How's he not even getting a sniff in Koeman's side during the euros - especially as they're struggling in attack and he's coming off a seemingly good season?
Hes quite inexperienced relative to Gakpo, Depay and Simmons. He ws also sick during one of the games apparently.

So this uninspiring mini saga will draw to a close in the next two days?

Pretty sure the release clause can't be activated until 1st July, so he can't really make a decision then anyway as he'll probably not fully know who's in for him until then.

Do we think us bringing in Ruud as a coach might have an influence over which club he decides to join next? I imagine it must be a dream for any young Dutch forward to learn first hand from such a legendary striker as Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Do we think us bringing in Ruud as a coach might have an influence over which club he decides to join next? I imagine it must be a dream for any young Dutch forward to learn first hand from such a legendary striker as Ruud van Nistelrooy.

His whole career vs maybe 6 months with Ruud until Erik is fired, i.e.even if it is one of his stupid dreams.

I don't think it is going to be that hard a choice.

Pretty sure the release clause can't be activated until 1st July, so he can't really make a decision then anyway as he'll probably not fully know who's in for him until then.

Ah, now that makes sense.

if you read some of the headlines in the papers...simple answer is Yes

Hes quite inexperienced relative to Gakpo, Depay and Simmons. He ws also sick during one of the games apparently.
Thanks bud. Yeah I somewhat understand not starting but I’m not even sure he’s come on in any of the matches yet - the likes of Maalen and Weghorst both getting minutes etc.

Not a huge gripe from my side in fairness - I can’t claim to have watched too much of him to push his case. Was more just an observation and you did say he was sick as well.

This must be a trash source since he has a release clause.

Why? Bologna can ask him about his intentions of whether he wants to stay or go to make plans for their summer window.

The source can very well be trash, but it has nothing to do with his release clause.

Why? Bologna can ask him about his intentions of whether he wants to stay or go to make plans for their summer window.

The source can very well be trash, but it has nothing to do with his release clause.
Bologna cannot tell him, that he „must make a decision this week“.

Why „must he“? Bologna can‘t do anything.

Thanks bud. Yeah I somewhat understand not starting but I’m not even sure he’s come on in any of the matches yet - the likes of Maalen and Weghorst both getting minutes etc.

Not a huge gripe from my side in fairness - I can’t claim to have watched too much of him to push his case. Was more just an observation and you did say he was sick as well.

I dont think Koeman will even consider giving a player his debut at the Euros. Koeman doesnt trust many players in his selection as he is one of the managers who used the least amount of players. Koeman did advocate to have 26 players allowed in the selection but one of the main reasons for that so you can play 11 v 11 at training. That is Zirkzee his role... filling up numbers in training.

Koeman stays loyal to his 'core group', which is why Wijnaldum is allowed to stink up the place every match for example, and it is very difficult for new players to break into that. Im afraid Koeman will still be our manager after the Euros but hopefully Zirkzee can become part of his ''WC 2026 core' and actual play for our national team.

Is he going to play similar to the 'false 9' role that Bruno played at the end of the season. More bringing the wingers into play with hold up and technical play rather than the 'out and out' striker?

Is he going to play similar to the 'false 9' role that Bruno played at the end of the season. More bringing the wingers into play with hold up and technical play rather than the 'out and out' striker?
Yes. Should Zirkzee start in the big games next season, it makes me wonder what we'll do with Bruno. Just using the FA Cup final as a template, we could play Ugarte (for example), Mainoo and McTominay, with Zirkzee ahead of them. That would mean dropping Bruno entirely or one of Rashford or Garnacho and playing Bruno wide. I don't think that playing Bruno wide would be as effective. Therefore, you would think it would have to be Bruno or Zirkzee up top, with Højlund as an option for later in the game.

Yes. Should Zirkzee start in the big games next season, it makes me wonder what we'll do with Bruno. Just using the FA Cup final as a template, we could play Ugarte (for example), Mainoo and McTominay, with Zirkzee ahead of them. That would mean dropping Bruno entirely or one of Rashford or Garnacho and playing Bruno wide. I don't think that playing Bruno wide would be as effective. Therefore, you would think it would have to be Bruno or Zirkzee up top, with Højlund as an option for later in the game.
Could Bruno potentially drop deeper instead of McTominay do you think

I dont think Koeman will even consider giving a player his debut at the Euros. Koeman doesnt trust many players in his selection as he is one of the managers who used the least amount of players. Koeman did advocate to have 26 players allowed in the selection but one of the main reasons for that so you can play 11 v 11 at training. That is Zirkzee his role... filling up numbers in training.

Koeman stays loyal to his 'core group', which is why Wijnaldum is allowed to stink up the place every match for example, and it is very difficult for new players to break into that. Im afraid Koeman will still be our manager after the Euros but hopefully Zirkzee can become part of his ''WC 2026 core' and actual play for our national team.
Thanks for that additional info. Yeah it sucks when those "core" players are stinking up the place/have no business even being there, but due to the managers stubborness....

Potentially he could, but it would probably leave us a bit more exposed. He would need to be very disciplined positionally. It would be him sacrificing himself for the good of the team, but in a one off game perhaps it could work.

Another option would be to not pursue Zirkzee and use Bruno primarily as a false 9, week in week out. Instead, we could sign a cheap deputy for Højlund and possibly another midfielder.

Why would we drop Bruno for McT? Especially if we have a DM on the pitch.

This.

Ugarte
Mainoo - Bruno
Zirkzee
LF-RF

We wont drop Bruno. His creativity is important to get the ball to the forward line & play balls in to Zirkzee to play in our inverted forwards​

This.

Ugarte
Mainoo - Bruno
Zirkzee
LF-RF

We wont drop Bruno. His creativity is important to get the ball to the forward line & play balls in to Zirkzee to play in our inverted forwards​

Can Ugarte play as a lone 6 though or is that not the kind of role outlined in this formation. Would have nice to see this guy in Euros but seems he is well down the pecking order for Koeman

Gareth Southgate says hi…
Thanks for that additional info. Yeah it sucks when those "core" players are stinking up the place/have no business even being there, but due to the managers stubborness....

Status
Not open for further replies.