Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Romano we haven't yet done any contact with the club or the player yet. All we did was to engage in initial contacts with the agent. We're so slow on transfers.

What's the rush? The player is at the Euros and the clause comes into effect in July.

Not good enough to get minutes over Wout and Depay one must ask himself how good this guy is?
You never know why though, like how Giroud being better for the team than Benzema or Heskey playing for England so many times. Think he also recently did his acl didn't he?

What's the rush? The player is at the Euros and the clause comes into effect in July.

You do notice that Milan are working on the deal as well don't you? We already barged in late as we are. The last thing we need is to waste more time

It just means the international manager has his favorites just like Southgate does

rumours from inside the camp he’s been pretty impressive in training but Koeman won’t give him a look in so it seems you’re on to something.

You do notice that Milan are working on the deal as well don't you? We already barged in late as we are. The last thing we need is to waste more time

Yes, I see that both teams are working on a deal. With the agent. The bit that's doable now. Is your issue that we haven't broken into the Netherlands camp to whisper sweet nothings to the player or that we haven't payed a release clause that isn't currently active?

Yes, I see that both teams are working on a deal. With the agent. The bit that's doable now. Is your issue that we haven't broken into the Netherlands camp to whisper sweet nothings to the player or that we haven't payed a release clause that isn't currently active?
:lol:

My issue is that we haven't even made contact with bologna and the player yet. I suggest you check what Romano said. We are at the very early stages of the deal while Milan already has the go ahead with bologna and the player

Now if you think that players can't be contacted during the euros then think again. They are in a hotel not at Guantanamo bay

My issue is that we haven't even made contact with bologna and the player yet. I suggest you check what Romano said. We are at the very early stages of the deal while Milan already has the go ahead with bologna and the player

Now if you think that players can't be contacted during the euros then think again. They are in a hotel not at Guantanamo bay

It's a release clause and the player has said he doesn't want to deal with his future until after the Euros. Things will move when things can move. No need to get yourself worked up just because another club had a chat or two more than we have.

It's a release clause and the player has said he doesn't want to deal with his future until after the Euros. Things will move when things can move. No need to get yourself worked up just because another club had a chat or two more than we have.

I am simply concerned. We spent weeks in wild goose chases which concluded with us keeping the same manager. The SD and CEO are still on gardening leave and we bidded for Jarrad knowing very well it would be refused

Although this guy may change our style of play a little. I don’t get where our goals are coming from next season. We either need a quality goalscorer upfront or a goalscoring winger. Both our wingers will chip in with a few goals but they won’t hit 20+ a season.

The obstacle is the agent, with whom we appear to be advancing with.

Not the fee with the club.

Although this guy may change our style of play a little. I don’t get where our goals are coming from next season. We either need a quality goalscorer upfront or a goalscoring winger. Both our wingers will chip in with a few goals but they won’t hit 20+ a season.

The main thing we need is a left winger who can actually pass/cross and at least occasionally beat his man. With decent service Hojlund would score a decent amount and Zirkzee would be a good signing too as he has the ability to beat a man and grab a goal or two.

The obstacle is the agent, with whom we appear to be advancing with.

Not the fee with the club.

Kia is the least of our problems. Ibra had indirectly called Kia out in public and news coming are saying that Kia is ready to give a discount to us but not to Milan. The issue is mostly surrounding the player. He wants regular first team football. Now Milan are considering doing a Donnarumma instead and sign Zirkzee's brother for the sole purpose to get their man to sign for them. I followed Milan for decades. Berlusconi's stench is still there. So unless you see ink on paper then there's absolutely nothing to be complacent about

Although this guy may change our style of play a little. I don’t get where our goals are coming from next season.

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not overly excited about this one, similarly to yourself, I just don't feel this one answers enough questions.

This just shows we have gone bargain basement. This lad is 23. And another Dutch connection..11 goals in 34 appearances for Bologna Hardly prolific. Is this what we have become?

This just shows we have gone bargain basement. This lad is 23. And another Dutch connection..11 goals in 34 appearances for Bologna Hardly prolific. Is this what we have become?

Rest of the league are goiing to submit with our elite ... link up play.

I am simply concerned. We spent weeks in wild goose chases which concluded with us keeping the same manager. The SD and CEO are still on gardening leave and we bidded for Jarrad knowing very well it would be refused
That was an opening bid

I understand that mate but as said in the initial post we have to keep moving. We're too slow and sluggish.
I think we are juggling a very small spot of money until July trying to see what deals can be lined up. Don’t think anything will be done this month

Just a suggestion: Milan want Zirkzee. Milan has Jovic. Jovic's contract ends. There are talks that he'll extend but he hasn't signed yet.
We could just let Milan have Zirkzee and sign Jovic on a free.

Last season (all competitions):

Zirkzee: 37 games, 12 goals, 7 assists, 2946 mins played
Jovic: 30 games, 9 goals, 1 assist, 1261 mins played

What we need is a decent backup to Hojlund, who doesn't complain, can come in and knows where the goal is. He's already a backup CF and seems fine with that.
Zirkzee might be a slightly better player, sure but we could save 40m plus agent fees. Jovic impressed me at the euros with his determination.

I think we are juggling a very small spot of money until July trying to see what deals can be lined up. Don’t think anything will be done this month

I agree and TBH Zirkzee's clause will only activate in July 1. However if reports are true we've yet to even contact Bologna and the player. All we did was to initiate talks with Kia. Also note that this sluggishness seem consistent across the board. We interviewed every manager available only to retain ETH, Ashworth and Berrada are still on gardening leave, we've yet to handle a second bid for Jarrad, we've yet to see changes at medical team level and no player had been sold yet. I understand that the transfer window had just opened but clubs had already been working for weeks. No one will be waiting for us

I agree and TBH Zirkzee's clause will only activate in July 1. However if reports are true we've yet to even contact Bologna and the player. All we did was to initiate talks with Kia. Also note that this sluggishness seem consistent across the board. We interviewed every manager available only to retain ETH, Ashworth and Berrada are still on gardening leave, we've yet to handle a second bid for Jarrad, we've yet to see changes at medical team level and no player had been sold yet. I understand that the transfer window had just opened but clubs had already been working for weeks. No one will be waiting for us

Contacting Kia sounds the same as contacting the player to me. I am sure the agent is working in conjunction with his client and is informing him of all the interest in him. If we agree terms with them, it's as simple as activating the release clause. Why do we need to be in contact with Bologna unless we are looking for some sort of payment structure.

It seems that the new owners will approach things very patiently so it's not unthinkable that we won't do much business before season starts. Maybe even this Summer. They prefer to walk to success than run to mediocrity.

Kia is the least of our problems. Ibra had indirectly called Kia out in public and news coming are saying that Kia is ready to give a discount to us but not to Milan. The issue is mostly surrounding the player. He wants regular first team football. Now Milan are considering doing a Donnarumma instead and sign Zirkzee's brother for the sole purpose to get their man to sign for them. I followed Milan for decades. Berlusconi's stench is still there. So unless you see ink on paper then there's absolutely nothing to be complacent about
But what does all this have to do with approaching Bologna? He has a release clause.

Contacting Kia sounds the same as contacting the player to me. I am sure the agent is working in conjunction with his client and is informing him of all the interest in him. If we agree terms with them, it's as simple as activating the release clause. Why do we need to be in contact with Bologna unless we are looking for some sort of payment structure.
It's not the case according to reports. Zirkzee seem to want regular first team football, Kia wants his commission, Milan are working hard on alternative routes to make the former happy while screwing the latter

It seems that the new owners will approach things very patiently so it's not unthinkable that we won't do much business before season starts. Maybe even this Summer. They prefer to walk to success than run to mediocrity.

We can't have 2 seasons without cl football. We're not nice fc

My guess is that considering Rashford is on 300k pw and likely to stay with us for now, the club and the manager are probably trying to find a way how to make Rashford scoring lot of goals again like in 22/23 season. Rashford is a type of player who will be benefit if he plays with someone who can open spaces for him. If this guy is actually a false 9 who likes to drop deep then there is possibility that he will open lot of spaces for our wingers by playing the false 9 role and dropping deep.

My guess is that considering Rashford is on 300k pw and likely to stay with us for now, the club and the manager are probably trying to find a way how to make Rashford scoring lot of goals again like in 22/23 season. Rashford is a type of player who will be benefit if he plays with someone who can open spaces for him. If this guy is actually a false 9 who likes to drop deep then there is possibility that he will open lot of spaces for our wingers by playing the false 9 role and dropping deep.
Ye that sounds about right. Will be interesting to see how the game times managed between Højlund and Zirkzee. Højlund showed that he can be a threat of the bench at the end of last season.

Just a suggestion: Milan want Zirkzee. Milan has Jovic. Jovic's contract ends. There are talks that he'll extend but he hasn't signed yet.
We could just let Milan have Zirkzee and sign Jovic on a free.

Last season (all competitions):

Zirkzee: 37 games, 12 goals, 7 assists, 2946 mins played
Jovic: 30 games, 9 goals, 1 assist, 1261 mins played

What we need is a decent backup to Hojlund, who doesn't complain, can come in and knows where the goal is. He's already a backup CF and seems fine with that.
Zirkzee might be a slightly better player, sure but we could save 40m plus agent fees. Jovic impressed me at the euros with his determination.

Jovic actually extended with us a few days ago, thankfully.

Announced post euros

Not wanting to be overly negative about this one because I don't know much about the lad. But links to him and Branthwaite feels like the same United and not the new United.

But I'll keep an open mind for now.

Not wanting to be overly negative about this one because I don't know much about the lad. But links to him and Branthwaite feels like the same United and not the new United.

But I'll keep an open mind for now.
I thought the old United would be buying old players, spending lot of money such as more than £65m on old players or unproven young players, and give players high wages.

I thought the old United would be buying old players, spending lot of money such as more than £65m on old players or unproven young players, and give players high wages.

The age is a big plus!!! but my initial reaction was 70 million for Maguire 2.0 and another dutch player is giving me flashbacks to previous years and Glazer buys.

But I'll reserve judgement until the summer is over.

The age is a big plus!!! but my initial reaction was 70 million for Maguire 2.0 and another dutch player is giving me flashbacks to previous years and Glazer buys.

But I'll reserve judgement until the summer is over.

We aren’t paying £70m for him though? We’ve bid £35m and are contemplating submitting a second improved offer if they receive encouragement that Everton will come down in price. So nothing like Maguire where we just coughed up £80m in one go and Leicester laughed all the way to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.