Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen the guy play so to youtube I go, expecting to be underwhelmed and I was quite impressed.

Seems to have a decent range to his game, does a lot of different things, most of which are missing from Utd's attackers. Quite hoping he gets a start in this tournament to get a closer look at him.

We can't have 2 seasons without cl football. We're not nice fc
I think we’ll be fine even if we fail to make top 4, besides 5th may be enough this season plus we have EL that we could potentially win. INEOS will focus on making us efficient, they will be methodical, analytical and will ensure we do not ever pay above market value for anybody.

Is he shit or is he going to Milan, which one is it? What's the catch in this story? Or is he one of these rare cases where he signs for us and really prooves his worth for us? And is then injured for the entire next season?

Is he shit or is he going to Milan, which one is it? What's the catch in this story? Or is he one of these rare cases where he signs for us and really prooves his worth for us? And is then injured for the entire next season?

I can get back to you on that if you like?

Zirkzee, everything about you so Zirkzee.

I'm bringing Zirkzee back.. yeah!
So their defenders don't know how to act.. yeah!
I think he's special with the goal to back.. yeah!
We can't score goals but he'll pick up the slack.. yeah!
(Score at Stamford Bridge)

Joshua... A-ha
We'll pay your agent if you make a wave.. A-ha
But fecking fine you if you misbehave.. A-ha
It's just that we don't want to to pay top wage.. A-ha
(Shame our backline's porous)

This makes sense, simply because he's a different option to Hojlund.

I've always said we looked better when Martial played up top becayse of his ability to drop off into the pockets and stitch the attack together. Zirkzee seems like a similar profile, and I believe he would compliment our current wingers better than a Hojlund type of striker.

Joshua... A-ha

My man!

I think we’ll be fine even if we fail to make top 4, besides 5th may be enough this season plus we have EL that we could potentially win. INEOS will focus on making us efficient, they will be methodical, analytical and will ensure we do not ever pay above market value for anybody.

As said before, we are not Nice or Lausanne. We can't stay out of the limelight for long and quite frankly INEOS comical run of NICE and Lausanne coupled by mistakes done at this very club (signing someone who has 18 months of gardening leave, taking 3 weeks to sort the manager issue etc) doesn't inspire fans to trust them going forward . I am not saying that we should sign Mbappe and TBH no one expects that all problems will be sorted in one transfer window. However if this window is ridiculously underwhelming than SJR would find a revolt in his hands.

I just heard the Muppeteers interview with Rob Dawson and quite frankly its despressing

As said before, we are not Nice or Lausanne. We can't stay out of the limelight for long and quite frankly INEOS comical run of NICE and Lausanne coupled by mistakes done at this very club (signing someone who has 18 months of gardening leave, taking 3 weeks to sort the manager issue etc) doesn't inspire fans to trust them going forward . I am not saying that we should sign Mbappe and TBH no one expects that all problems will be sorted in one transfer window. However if this window is ridiculously underwhelming than SJR would find a revolt in his hands.

I just heard the Muppeteers interview with Rob Dawson and quite frankly its despressing

That was your first mistake and second was taking anything these hacks had to say seriously .

That was your first mistake and second was taking anything these hacks had to say seriously .

The muppeteer reminds me of Frankie la penna for some reason. However he was top notch on the takeover and ahead to the athletic/romano. He is also pretty pro ineos

We have possibly the most patient fanbase in the world, they will be fine even if they take years to sort it out. There will be more annoyance among fans if we keep on overpaying and signing wrong players than there will be if we are frugal and sign very few new players. Results will come.

The muppeteer reminds me of Frankie la penna for some reason. However he was top notch on the takeover and ahead to the athletic/romano. He is also pretty pro ineos
Was he I didn't follow him then but he is classic Itk wannabe who knows nothing but Chats lot of rubbish just waste of space frankly speaking .

I couldn't sleep the other night.

When I can't sleep, it's usually because I'm thinking of things I don't want to think about you see...but my way of combating this is to trick my brain into thinking of something else.

It has to be something where I need to be actively thinking, so that I can't refocus on the other thoughts, and that often happens to be football. I usually think about the squad and team, imagine how I'd change things, which player goes where, formations etc. Kind of like counting sheep in a way.

Anyway, the other night I really couldn't sleep and these thoughts got away from me a bit. I was thinking about Zirkzee and where he'd play, and half asleep me realised he would need a song.

So, on behalf of my sleep deprived brain and the millions of imaginary fans singing along in my head. I humbly suggest that if we sign the lad, the song goes...

(To the tune of the "oh Robin Van Persie song, and with a little help from South Park and Daddy Ass Billy Gunn)

"Ohhhh scissor me Zirkzee!"

Thanks. I'll go back to bed now.

Last edited:
Can understand why ETH wanted Kane last season. He obviously wants a ST that can drop deep and allow the wingers to go forward with space that would have been created.

Can understand why ETH wanted Kane last season. He obviously wants a ST that can drop deep and allow the wingers to go forward with space that would have been created.
He would have created more yes and all of our attacked woulda benefited but would he have taken up same space as Bruno?

He would have created more yes and all of our attacked woulda benefited but would he have taken up same space as Bruno?

I would assume that Bruno would be joining the wide forwards in running into the space vacated by Zirkzee, much as VdB used to do in EtH's Ajax.

With the money we threw at Antony and Onana, we could have Kane. ***cries***

With the money we threw at Antony and Onana, we could have Kane. ***cries***
Ye and that 1 player could have transformed us. Where as the other 2 haven’t really. Still have hope for Onana though, once we have a comfortable defence

Joshua... A-ha
:lol::lol:

If this lad is the real deal, why on earth is Koeman playing with Depay upfront?

The same Koeman who refused to play Frimpong and Botman ? Honestly I don’t know how Koeman even gets jobs as a head coach as his selection choices are almost Southgate levels, much like Southgate has his favourites Koeman chooses Depay and Weghorst over Zirkzee.

Musiala/Muller don't seem to have a problem dove tailing with Kane in those spaces for Bayern. The space Bruno occupies is an integral part of the pitch so the more expertise in that area the better and it also gives us options and means we can occupy the CB's out of their comfort zones and the wide players can take advantage of the space between the CB and FB. Say what you want about Rashford but he is one of the best at taking advantage of that and with Zirkzee he will have that option all game and so will Garnacho.

The same Koeman who refused to play Frimpong and Botman ? Honestly I don’t know how Koeman even gets jobs as a head coach as his selection choices are almost Southgate levels, much like Southgate has his favourites Koeman chooses Depay and Weghorst over Zirkzee.

Yeah certainly looks that way

In fairness - Koemans biggest problem hasn't been his strikers.....but his defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.