Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not, currently. You've watched a lot of Bologna matches this season?
Define better? He is an infinitely better football player than Wout. Wout has what basically created his career though, he works his arse of, is a general nuisance and wants to score so badly he even celebrates training goals as if winning the cup.

Zirkzee will have a far greater career though (barring some sort of catastrophic drop off/ injury).

He does seem bent on staying in Italy, so it's absolutely plausible that his priority is Milan.

That said I definitely do believe Milan like him too. I just have trouble wrapping my head around him as a 9. As a 10 in our 4231, I totally get it.

Dovbyk AND Zirkzee, now we're talking... But too many holes to fix for that for now.
I don't get it. Isn't he 6'4"? He is a #10?

Not good enough to get minutes over Wout and Depay one must ask himself how good this guy is?

This transfer window isn't going well and to pretend otherwise is just cope. This should have been a straightforward deal to do.

Chelsea are snapping up the best young talents in South America and we're getting rejected by fecking Zirkzee?

If fabrizio Romano had this scoop why hasn’t he tweeted this himself? Whilst mufcmpb are decent they do twist words around sometimes
To cover everything. Let’s hope we’re in for him

When was peak Wout? :lol:

(Honest question actually)

I've no idea, I was just hoping the poster was referencing Wout from an era when I didn't see him play, and wasn't saying that Zirkzee isn't as good as Wout was when he played for us.

Oh well maybe Jonathan David won't reject us as well

Why? From what I can gather he was really highly rated at Feyenoord and in youth football and started off really well at Bayern at 18. Was eventually loaned to Anderlecht and got a respectable number of goals and he was sold to Bologna while his stock was high. Good business from Bayern and no shame in not making it there with the options they have had. Then he struggled to get into the team past arnaotovic as Motta only wanted to play one up front for his first season but majorly stepped up become a leader in their last season. It all points to a hardworking guy who is a slightly late developer but who is clearly talented and on an upward trajectory and provides us something tactically different at an affordable price. Yes there’s a clear risk as with all transfers but that’s where Utd are at this moment in time.
I haven’t seen a lot since he barely featured for Bayern. He simply never looked like an adequate striker/forward for a CL side. More power to him (and 50% of the fee to Bayern) but I am simply surprised about the „hype“.

To put a context to you, a fan who doesn't understand why other are sceptical: Arsenal have a well defined style of play and score a lot of team goals, and still they came up short and at times could have used a proper striker to get over the line.

We don't have a style of play, still depend on individual moments and don't have high goal scoring wide men like Liverpool during the Mane & Salah hayday to pick up the slack.

Olé in season 2 management showed that we did. Great attacking numbers all across our front line whilst even playing counter attacking football.

It's exactly how we played.

A creative CF alongside two inverted forwards that were our main attacking outlet.

It's literally how we even played the end of last season.

Rashford, Amad, Garnacho & we also have Sancho & Greenwood on our books still so if they are sold a new RW would again put the context of buying Zirkzee more in to play.

A) Replacing Greenwood with a clinical left footed RW/RF; many people want a new RW, though leaning towards creativity for Hojlund more than a RW with clinical finishing to get the best out of a player like Zirkzee.

B) Ten Hag was trying to train Sancho in to a False 9 - if he gets sold then again the context of having a False 9 in our team lights up even more.

C) We just lost Martial for good & what was he? A Creative CF that can put others in to play.

I think their is enough context there.

However, he does seem like a fan of AC Milan, talking about how he feels great playing in the San Siro and how Van Basten is one of his idols.

Last edited:
let’s move on if this guy wants to join Milan over us. We’re not anyone’s 2nd choice

He probably prefers the Milano lifestyle over there. He can go there if he doesn’t want to come here to play football

Wanting to join Milan shows lack of desire. Let him link play and score 5 goals on the Italian league. Next.

Milan won the league a couple of seasons ago, finished 2nd last season and are in the champions league. But you are right, not joining a team that finished 8th and hasn't pulled any trees in the last 11 definitely shows a lack of desire.

let’s move on if this guy wants to join Milan over us. We’re not anyone’s 2nd choice

According to Romano we haven't yet done any contact with the club or the player yet. All we did was to engage in initial contacts with the agent. We're so slow on transfers.

That could be interesting but I think they'll get in each others way as Zirkzee is not a proper 10. Unless Fonseca likes to play a 2 striker formation. I actually have no idea what kind of style he prefers.

On another note: what are your views on Calafiori?

Calafiori... A player Moncada scouted and was ready to bring to Milan last summer, per top sources. Fans "revolted" and mocked the move for weeks. Shows what they know.

Still needs a year, imo, but his potential is really high. He's basically a surefire starter right now, but in another year he should be a stalwart. Italy is garbage this Euros, so wouldn't judge too many players, especially the ones with potential who are surrounded by shrubs.

Anyways, back to Zirkzee... If the player doesn't tell his agent to hit the road on those commissions, there is 0 chance he comes to Milan. We aren't in EPL clubs' positions in which we can satisfy a 15M commissions request on a player like this...Or any player really... We can't set that precident, unless we're talking an other worldly player and he is not that.

United has every chance for this kid w Kia involved.

If he doesn’t want to come here, then we should move on and we absolutely should not throw stupid wages at him as a sweetener. No more players who want to get paid by us more than they want to play for us.

Give me players like Valencia who got rid of their agent upon joining us as he believed he was at the best club and moving anywhere else was out of the question.

If he doesn’t want to come here, then we should move on and we absolutely should not throw stupid wages at him as a sweetener. No more players who want to get paid by us more than they want to play for us.

Give me players like Valencia who got rid of their agent upon joining us as he believed he was at the best club and moving anywhere else was out of the question.

Didn't Rasmus do the same ?

Unfortunately this type of player is a dying (dead) breed... The game has evolved too much, and too much money is at stake, and it takes a very rare breed of person, raised under immense conditions, to pass up on the insane amounts of money available out there.

I mean... If reports are to be believed (and as much as Fab has slipped, matteo moretto and daniele longo are VERY reliable now for Italy) both indicate that the only hold up is the AGENT'S commissions. An agent wanting 40%of the transfer fee is holding up this deal. And players allow for crap like this to happen.

Again, this isn't a "Milan thing", as I don't even particularly want the kid that badly... But if the player wants this move and his agent is willing to blow it all up for his own benefit... The game has lost all control.

Status
Not open for further replies.