Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tired of reading post just saying "we need more goals in the team" when complaining about strikers as if there is just a bevy of gunmen out there available for 20m or less that will come in and score a guaranteed 20 goals in the PL. And with the way we created last year anyways, the entire team will have to play much better or Wayne Rooney himself wouldn't score much as a lone 9. People can blame Hojlund's movement or whatever the want, the bottom line is he was hilariously underserved as a main 9 for how many goals he managed to score. His finishing was borderline elite last year yet he didn't manage 20 in all comps.

That's roughly what Mane got at his last season at Southampton before moving to Liverpool. 11 goals and 6 assists.

Firminho had 7 goals and 10 assists in his last season before moving to Liverpool.

Salah had 15 goals and 11 assists in his last season before joining Liverpool.
Yes, we only lack Klopp and it would paint the same picture.

The agent wants 15m for himself so it’s 50m in reality.

Its 33m + 12m = 45m. Reports are saying that Kia is ready to be flexible on agent fees but only for us (not Milan)

I'm so tired of reading post just saying "we need more goals in the team" when complaining about strikers as if there is just a bevy of gunmen out there available for 20m or less that will come in and score a guaranteed 20 goals in the PL. And with the way we created last year anyways, the entire team will have to play much better or Wayne Rooney himself wouldn't score much as a lone 9. People can blame Hojlund's movement or whatever the want, the bottom line is he was hilariously underserved as a main 9 for how many goals he managed to score. His finishing was borderline elite last year yet he didn't manage 20 in all comps.
Ive read somewhere that Hojlund had the highest conversion ratio among epl strikers.

Its 33m + 12m = 45m. Reports are saying that Kia is ready to be flexible on agent fees but only for us (not Milan)
thats because he wants to be in our favour for future transfer of his clients.

he got kicked out of arsenal as he had weaseled himself in and recommended alot of average players to arsenal.

Ive read somewhere that Hojlund had the highest conversion ratio among epl strikers.

He did. Which is why it drives me mad when people think we just need "a more proven goalscorer" when in reality we basically never passed him the ball in the box and had wingers on either side that were mostly obsessed with endlessly shooting.

Don't get me wrong Hojlund is still raw and has flaws, but his ability to finish chances isn't an issue

Glad someone said it.

There was only really Mateta with better among strikers. Technically also Callum Wilson, but since he barely played it skews his rate somewhat.

thats because he wants to be in our favour for future transfer of his clients.

he got kicked out of arsenal as he had weaseled himself in and recommended alot of average players to arsenal.

I made some research as of why Kia had suddenly became so generous towards us and I think there's more to it. Ibrahimovic whose now a senior adviser to AC Milan had publicly called Kia out regarding Zirkzee. I am not trying to defend Kia as I hate super agents in principle. However it does stinks of hypocrisy considering how close Ibra's tongue was to the late Mino Raiola's arse.

People don't realize how lethal Hojlund actually was last season.

Hojlund's conversion rate was off the charts. I believe that it was better then Haaland's. However that's enforces rather then weakens Zirkzee's hand. First of all neither Zirkzee nor the money we'll be paying for him will warrant regular first team football. Secondly Zirkzee is a different type of player. He does score goals but he usually tend to drop deep and create spaces and assists for others. That's something we need considering that most of our forwards are essentially strikers. In theory Zirkzee and Hojlund can play together.

My only concern is that he might take up the same spaces as Bruno does.
We see how that works out with England at the euros with Kane, Bellingham and foden.
Perhaps we’ll go 442. That would be something!

Even for the stat nerds, 16 goals from a combined xG of around 13 is considered as lethal. If anything it highlights the issue that we need to create more for our strikers. I presume you'll laugh if people called Haaland lethal too then ?

It's insane that UEFA/FIFA do not implement a ceiling for agent fees. Maybe it's the person I am, but if I were a player and the stumbling block for me going to United was that my agent was demanding some enormous fee just to push me one way or another, he would be binned asap.

It's insane that UEFA/FIFA do not implement a ceiling for agent fees. Maybe it's the person I am, but if I were a player and the stumbling block for me going to United was that my agent was demanding some enormous fee just to push me one way or another, he would be binned asap.
There have been plans for this for awhile. I'm not sure what stops it going through. I'm sure I recall it was going to be at maximum 10% of the transfer fee paid across the duration of the contract. So the agent couldn't keep moving his player on and getting signing on fees etc.

Absolutely. That shows the agent doesn’t have his players best interest. Stopping him from a big move

He's just being difficult because he doesn't rate Hojlund
Hoijlund sometimes doesn’t make the runs a true poacher would. Not many CFs do really. However you have to build in the fact that his supply is….. intermittent at best so it’s not all his fault.
When he does get on the end of something he’s pretty clinical.

Hoijlund sometimes doesn’t make the runs a true poacher would. Not many CFs do really. However you have to build in the fact that his supply is….. intermittent at best so it’s not all his fault.
When he does get on the end of something he’s pretty clinical.

Yeah like I said he's still clearly raw and has weaknesses, but being able to properly time movements in the box is something that comes with time/experience/coaching as the timing has to come with just playing more at the highest level. I'm just sick of the moaning about needing a "proven goalscorer" as if our unproven goalscorer last season was missing sitters at a Darwin Nunez rate. Majority of his goals came from pretty much all his own work anyways.

45m pounds for a striker who seems not much of a goalscorer is still a lot of money.

But 45m for a young and promising striker is quite cheap. Strikers are expensive and 45m for one of the better strikers in the Serie A seems like a decent deal.

But 45m for a young and promising striker is quite cheap. Strikers are expensive and 45m for one of the better strikers in the Serie A seems like a decent deal.
He is 23 and has scored something like 40 goals as a pro. Nothing cheap about paying that sort of money for someone who has had an average season in Italy and one good season in Belgium. His clause is the maximum we should be paying.

Apparently his agent is willing to come down on his commission for United, a courtesy he won't offer Milan as his relationship with them is terrible

Wasn't Kia Joorabchian the same dude from the Mascherano/Tevez affair and then later pimped Tevez to City? Everything involving him has been shady thus far. Why are we dealing with this bloke again?

Status
Not open for further replies.