Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 years old, technically gifted, a good eye for goal, he's pretty hardworking and has a low minimum fee clause inserted in his contract. I think this deal is a no brainer

I doubt this is a legitimate source, but United tax is now United discount??

I think the reason is the agent does not have good relations with AC Milan so is asking for 15m fee, with United, the relations must be better.

But saying discount, how much will that be? even 10m is alot for an agent.

I think the reason is the agent does not have good relations with AC Milan so is asking for 15m fee, with United, the relations must be better.

Kia is a super agent whose a tier lower to the likes of Mendes and the late Mino Raiola. He can't care less were his players go as long as he gets his cut.

Having said that his client list is made up mostly of fading stars (Coutinho, Regulon, Willian, El Ghazi etc). That's a problem for a super agent as he lacks that poster boy or two to show off to other prospective clients. In fact he's pushing Douglas Luiz to Juventus and he'll probably push Zirkzee to United if the financials are right..

I doubt this is a legitimate source, but United tax is now United discount??

What a load of shite!
Why would a client have an agent that was prepared to give a discount to us but not to a club he has already said he wants to join.

What a load of shite!
Why would a client have an agent that was prepared to give a discount to us but not to a club he has already said he wants to join.
I think as @devilish mentioned it could be for the good of his agency. It would probably be better to have a player on his books at United, than AC Milan. When he goes to recruit talent, he can use a good example of how he got a client a big payday from his agency's management, so the "discount" could make sense in the long run.

Pure speculation on my part, but I can see some logic in it.

What a load of shite!
Wants to join us more and we are not prepared to pay current suggested agent fee?

Still sounds like shite tbf.

I bet my house the vast majority of the people commenting on this player on here have never seen him play and just watched highlights on you tube showing his best bits.
The best thing going for him is the cheap release clause, is he a player who is gonna come in and make an immediate difference, no.
In the 10 or so full games ive watched him have 2 decent games and score once. On the whole pretty average and, Gakpo at 21million would have been a better option last year.

It is extortionate, but he has negotiated a release clause that means the fee is low enough to get significant interest in him. So I get why he probably feels like he should get a decent pay day, not that I believe it to be reasonable.

First new era signing of the correct profile under a structure pulling in the same direction. Inject it!!!

I bet my house the vast majority of the people commenting on this player on here have never seen him play and just watched highlights on you tube showing his best bits.
The best thing going for him is the cheap release clause, is he a player who is gonna come in and make an immediate difference, no.
In the 10 or so full games ive watched him have 2 decent games and score once. On the whole pretty average and, Gakpo at 21million would have been a better option last year.
Wow. Pulled that figure out of your arse? He costed Liverpool £37m rising up to £44m. And a lot of people have agreed they haven't watched this player live. Waste of time betting your house on it.

What are you on about? Zirkzee can dribble, play others in. Quite a skillful player, fast feet, can get out of tight spaces. Absolutely nothing like weg at all. Have you ever seen him play?

Zirkzee is similar to firminho.

Like weg :lol:
Weg is in the same Dutch squad and scored the winner in the last match no, if Zirkzee so good why wasn’t he originally named in the Dutch squad and why didn’t he come off the bench before Weg, we want a squad player not a starting player whose Agents wants €15m and then will start to cause issues when he’s not playing, I’m not keen on either, and I’m not keen on Dutch players either especially those that come with an agent like that?

23 years old, technically gifted, a good eye for goal, he's pretty hardworking and has a low minimum fee clause inserted in his contract. I think this deal is a no brainer
But for the same agent who fooked us over with Tevez,, I’d agree tell the player change your agent we’ll sign you?

I think it is a yes brainer

The 'low minimum fee clause' is still going to be a significant percentage of our transfer fund. And others would argue that Hojlund could do with an experienced striker to learn from rather than competing with a player of a similar age, who is also lacking top level experience. It's also very clear that United need goals in this team. Zirkzee is absolutely not someone who has evidenced that he can reach 20+ goals in this league.

International football is rife with incompetent managers, player politics, and reticence to push fresh blood through when every game is crunch-time must win stuff. This is Zirzkee’s first major breakout season in a worthwhile league. Koeman has enough ammo to ignore him for now.

There are definitely points about this potential deal that warrant an eyebrow raise, but his lack of game time for Netherlands this year isn’t really one of them.

Weg is in the same Dutch squad and scored the winner in the last match no, if Zirkzee so good why wasn’t he originally named in the Dutch squad and why didn’t he come off the bench before Weg, we want a squad player not a starting player whose Agents wants €15m and then will start to cause issues when he’s not playing, I’m not keen on either, and I’m not keen on Dutch players either especially those that come with an agent like that?
Weg has 7 in 11 for Holland and he's a different option to Depay.

Agent is being a greedy fecker, that's for a buying club to resolve.

He could be a starting player for us same as he could be a starting player for AC Milan.

As for why he wasn't in the squad originally? No idea, maybe like in the case of Grealish. The manager thought he had similar players or his own preferences. Who knows.

Zirkzee is not somebody Liverpool would go for. Their signings always popped in analytics and they had a good hit rate as they were heavily analytics focused with recruitment.

Zirkzee is just a nothing player if you look at analytics only, and it'll say he's basically like just getting a random average footballer who works hard and gets involved in the game without contributing anything towards goals or chance creation. You're not signing him on anything the numbers say, you're signing him based on hope that some of the talent he's shown is yet to be unlocked and that you can change him, make him effective, etc.

Someone like Hojlund was signed on the combination of having a good analytical profile combined with impressing while watching and having the raw skills relative to his age.

The Liverpool reference was more that they would go after young, affordable players with potential and look to develop them into top players, not that I thought Zirkzee was a statistical freak that Liverpool would go for.

Even then, I suspect that if Zirkzee had his breakout a season or two earlier, Klopp would have really liked him as their Firmino heir over Gakpo.

The 'low minimum fee clause' is still going to be a significant percentage of our transfer fund. And others would argue that Hojlund could do with an experienced striker to learn from rather than competing with a player of a similar age, who is also lacking top level experience. It's also very clear that United need goals in this team. Zirkzee is absolutely not someone who has evidenced that he can reach 20+ goals in this league.

Who are these experienced old heads that are going to score 20+ goals a season? Maybe someone like Toney, but you're looking at a bigger outlay for a player and who won't have any resale value if he can't reproduce what he does at Brentford, which isn't guaranteed.

The striker market is shite. It was shite last season when we couldn't get Kane so signed Højlund. He has his doubters, but I still think he was the better choice over Ramos and Muani. The other best young 'gettable' striker was Sesko, who we did try to sign ahead of Højlund, but Red Bull did a weird thing where they moved him between their clubs for a smaller amount than we supposedly offered. He's now signed a new contract at Leipzig that would mean he'd now cost more than what we paid for Højlund.

If we want to go into next season without putting everything on Højlund then we need to sign another striker. Unless we stump up big money and wages for Toney, the only other option is to go cheap on completely unproven, or go for a more reasonable fee on someone like this guy. Zirkzee might never be a balon d'or contender, but he's obviously improved and showing promise after moving to Italy.

He might not reach a level that would push us to be title contenders again, but he might have another level or two in him. Not many people thought Salah would have the impact he did after joining Liverpool from Roma, so if he can surprise us half as much as that then he'd be a good signing. These are the types of players we should be looking to sign. Going big on guys like Pogba, Varane, Casemiro, etc, just hasn't worked.

Haven't seen a lot of him, but think he could be an interesting enough addition. All price dependent though.

He looks better than Hojlund technically, and a better link man for our wide forwards. Think he would help us play higher up the pitch as well. Looks like he could be a bit of a Firmino type, but I haven't seen enough to say what he is like when pressing.

Zirkzee is not somebody Liverpool would go for. Their signings always popped in analytics and they had a good hit rate as they were heavily analytics focused with recruitment.

Zirkzee is just a nothing player if you look at analytics only, and it'll say he's basically like just getting a random average footballer who works hard and gets involved in the game without contributing anything towards goals or chance creation. You're not signing him on anything the numbers say, you're signing him based on hope that some of the talent he's shown is yet to be unlocked and that you can change him, make him effective, etc.

Someone like Hojlund was signed on the combination of having a good analytical profile combined with impressing while watching and having the raw skills relative to his age.
They signed Gakpo and Diaz.

1 goal every 4 PL game players.

They signed Nunez. 1 goal every 3 PL games.

Just saw a five minute YouTube compilation, and now I want him. It's clear he will take us to the next level.

Not sure what this is based on, as it can't be based on how many of them he scores.

Just gone to the AC milan sub reddit and wow, the salt is unbelievable. Why is it always like this when united are involved? Are we the most hated club on earth? :lol:

Who are these experienced old heads that are going to score 20+ goals a season? Maybe someone like Toney, but you're looking at a bigger outlay for a player and who won't have any resale value if he can't reproduce what he does at Brentford, which isn't guaranteed.

The striker market is shite. It was shite last season when we couldn't get Kane so signed Højlund. He has his doubters, but I still think he was the better choice over Ramos and Muani. The other best young 'gettable' striker was Sesko, who we did try to sign ahead of Højlund, but Red Bull did a weird thing where they moved him between their clubs for a smaller amount than we supposedly offered. He's now signed a new contract at Leipzig that would mean he'd now cost more than what we paid for Højlund.

If we want to go into next season without putting everything on Højlund then we need to sign another striker. Unless we stump up big money and wages for Toney, the only other option is to go cheap on completely unproven, or go for a more reasonable fee on someone like this guy. Zirkzee might never be a balon d'or contender, but he's obviously improved and showing promise after moving to Italy.

He might not reach a level that would push us to be title contenders again, but he might have another level or two in him. Not many people thought Salah would have the impact he did after joining Liverpool from Roma, so if he can surprise us half as much as that then he'd be a good signing. These are the types of players we should be looking to sign. Going big on guys like Pogba, Varane, Casemiro, etc, just hasn't worked.
I want United to shift to signing younger players. It's something which has worked beautifully for many clubs across Europe. That's not the issue. It's the balance. We already have Hojlund, Garnacho and Amad across that forward line. None of them prolific.

It's how important you believe the striker position is. I'd personally rather sign a striker who is capable of getting high numbers and have him as our only signing this summer, than sign 2 or 3 promising players and still have the goalscoring problem next season. We aren't going to get the best out of the current talents without someone who can put the ball in the net.

Where are the goals coming from next season? I'd be so bold and go as far back as to say that we still haven't replaced Lukaku. This is a long-term issue which simply isn't getting addressed. Maybe they think Hojlund is going to explode this coming season and get 25 goals or more, but I don't think he is reaching that level without a striker in the squad who can help him raise his game

Ok now let’s anyalyse the potential Sesco sale that might have happened before he decided to extend his current contract.

His Buy out was rumoured to have been agreed by Arsenal, Chelsea and United

£55m over 5 year. Agent Fee of 10% £5.5m and wages of £120k per week or £6m per year so cost was upfront £16.5m (including Agent fees) summer then £17m per year for the next four years transfer and wages amortised, and after 5 years sesco would be 25 and have a resale value of £80-120m. The club was rumoured to agree this transfer for an out and out goal machine.

The Agent wanted €160-180k per week for a 23 year old that’s currently on €20,000 per week and €15m Agent Fees.
So you pay the £35m over 5 years £7m per year but you have to pay £12-13m this summer meaning a £20m initial outlay and then wages for a squad player 8 to 9 times his current salary when will we learn?

Yes to the deal on the following conditions £34m Buy out clause - Tick

Agent Fees Maximum £6m - Tick

Wages 80k per week, the same as Rasmus and Garnaucho - Tick

If these conditions are not agreed by the player and Agent then the club moves onto other options.

Ok now let’s anyalyse the potential Sesco sale that might have happened before he decided to extend his current contract.

His Buy out was rumoured to have been agreed by Arsenal, Chelsea and United

£55m over 5 year. Agent Fee of 10% £5.5m and wages of £120k per week or £6m per year so cost was upfront £16.5m (including Agent fees) summer then £17m per year for the next four years transfer and wages amortised, and after 5 years sesco would be 25 and have a resale value of £80-120m. The club was rumoured to agree this transfer for an out and out goal machine.

The Agent wanted €160-180m per week for a 23 year old that’s currently on €20,000 per week and €15m Agent Fees.
So you pay the £35m over 5 years £7m per year but you have to pay £12-13m this summer meaning a £20m initial outlay and then wages for a squad player 8 to 9 times his current salary when will we learn?

Yes to the deal on the following conditions £34m Buy out clause - Tick

Agent Fees Maximum £6m - Tick

Wages 80k per week, the same as Rasmus and Garnaucho - Tick

If these conditions are not agreed by the player and Agent then the club moves onto other options.
And that's all fine if the outcome of United's scouting is that Zirkzee is going to be a potential World Class player and they truly believe he is going to help take United to new levels and be a key part of a title challenging squad in the next few years.

Or is it that he's good enough for now and is cheaper than the better alternatives who are currently available?

They signed Gakpo and Diaz.

1 goal every 4 PL game players.

They signed Nunez. 1 goal every 3 PL games.
They signed Darwin because he popped in analytics and continues to do so with how much xG he builds up. He just missed chances.

Gakpo, fair, but that was also during their period where Edwards left and their transfer strategy went down hill a bit. Zirkzee I'd compare more to a Gakpo where he had some good bits on video and you sign him in the hope his analytical profile isn't representative of what he will become. Though Klopp also used Gakpo as a midfielder or wide player, not a CF. It's a different thing to be a 1 in 4 wide player than a 1 in 4 center forward (which is shit).

Diaz is a winger but had an excellent analytical profile as a hard working winger who loved running with the ball and was very effective with it.

Not sure he’ll do a great deal to solve our issue with scoring goals. Maybe he’d get the team playing better, though, which would achieve it in a roundabout way.

Where are the goals coming from next season?
They probably aren’t, really. We haven’t pushed past 60 league goals in 3 seasons. We've only hit 70+ goals once since SAF retired, and that was under Ole 4 years ago (73 league goals - 2020/21 season).

I'd expect another 55-60 league goals this season.

That 'different striker' part is actually what makes me wonder what United are thinking of here. If they need back-up/rotation for Højlund (which seems necessary based on his many absences last season, and is wise anyway), wouldn't they want a similar type of player? Otherwise, every time Ten Hag rotates, he would also have to change the game plan. I get that it's nice to have some variation in player profiles, but if a position's #1 and #2 player are completely different, it makes for very messy long-term planning. (As United's midfield showed this season, cause injured players were often replaced by players with a very different profile and skillset - contributing to the disjointed appearance of it all.)

As it is, Zirkzee seems to look more like Bruno than Højlund. But then wasn't Bruno used as a false #9 in the FA Cup final, or something like that? But where would that leave Højlund long-term?

If a pure 9 like Hojlund isn't working you might want to introduce a different striker to give the opposition defenders something different to deal with.

Just saw a five minute YouTube compilation, and now I want him. It's clear he will take us to the next level.
Does United play with a 2 strikers front? cause he is a SS
What video have you watched by the way?
He seems decently gifted but looking at how he failed at Parma... 23years you aren't young he has at least 5years into pro-football under his belt and this is the first year he showed something and in a team that was the revelation of Serie A.

Maybe for United 40+15m bet on Zirkzee is cheap risk but for Serie A it seems that Milan doesn't want to pay a 30% fee to the agent

If a pure 9 like Hojlund isn't working you might want to introduce a different striker to give the opposition defenders something different to deal with.
Zirkzee isn't a classic 9. I guess he'd shine together WITH Hojlund. With Bologna he played as a fake 9. Playing deep and giving options to the wingers.

Zirkzee isn't a classic 9. I guess he'd shine together WITH Hojlund. With Bologna he played as a fake 9. Playing deep and giving options to the wingers.

He played very similar to Martial

Does United play with a 2 strikers front? cause he is a SS
What video have you watched by the way?
He seems decently gifted but looking at how he failed at Parma... 23years you aren't young he has at least 5years into pro-football under his belt and this is the first year he showed something and in a team that was the revelation of Serie A.

Just to be clear, I wasn't being serious. I won't pretend to have any deep knowledge of Zirkzee.

He played very similar to Martial
yeah but having Holjund and reading how you wanna get rid of wingers
The best option would be a 4-3-1-2 for United with Bruno Fernandes behind Holjund and Zirkzee front

He is a creator not a finisher.

He is about linking up play more so than finishing.

Ten Hag used False 9 in his last few games because he understood that Hojlund and inverted forwards dont play fluid enough and dont interlink well.

He played Bruno Fernandes as a False 9.

I really want him here because it will make the false 9 position one of our tactical approaches - to actually have that type of player in our squad.

He kind of reminds me of Kaka where he is a good dribbler and passer more than a finisher.

Part of the reason i want Zirkzee is because he will make Rashford, Garnacho, Amad all better and even antony or greenwood because Zirkzee will interlink the play. Sancho may also have a chance at False 9 depending on the situation with the current manager and future manager and if he struggles to get sold sinze Zirkzee solidifies the role as part of our tactics for the future. Also Ten Hag is quite good at improving players - AWB, Rashford, Garnacho, Mainoo, Dalot etc have had periods of the fanbase saying that they have improved - so ten hag improving zirkzee is something im also looking forward to.
Rashford-Zirkzee-Greenwood
(Ole season 2 tactics)
Garnacho-Zirkzee-Amad
(Ten Hag's youngsters)
Hojlund
Sancho-Bruno-Amad
(Creative side more for a channel running striker like Hojlund)
There was an interview where Zirkzee was talking about his love for San Siro & even Van Basten as an idol.

I reckon if Milan have the money and are interested then he will move there. If they don't then we have much more of a chance.
Why do you keep including Greenwood? He’s clearly being sold

yeah but having Holjund and reading how you wanna get rid of wingers
The best option would be a 4-3-1-2 for United with Bruno Fernandes behind Holjund and Zirkzee front

Think you have miss read the situation there...

Status
Not open for further replies.