Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
How are people blaming him for the offside on the weekend? What is he supposed to do? Vanish into thin air?

He went for the ball like every forward would do but couldnt reach it it happens. No one was at fault here thats just bad luck

Incredibly unlucky on Garnacho's goal.
He didn't even try to get out of the way. Why try to get up? His eyes were on the ball the entire time, there was no "unluck" involved. A brainfart, nothing less. It happens, but this was at a very unfortunate moment. Hopefully he can step up his movement and become more of a goalthreat in the future. Surprisingly good on the ball.

He didn't even try to get out of the way. Why try to get up? His eyes were on the ball the entire time, there was no "unluck" involved. A brainfart, nothing less. It happens, but this was at a very unfortunate moment.

Have you watched in full speed? Garnacho hits the ball at him from about 3 yards away, we're talking milliseconds between the shot and the ball hitting him and you expect him to try get out the way?

Getting up off the floor is quite a natural reaction. Players tend not to slide on the floor and then just lie there for no reason. Again, we're talking milliseconds for him to assess "actually, I think if I stand up there may be a higher chance Garnacho will hit the ball at me so I best just lie here and hope he evades me"...

People see too many slow-mo replays and forget how quickly things happen.

Have you watched in full speed? Garnacho hits the ball at him from about 3 yards away, we're talking milliseconds between the shot and the ball hitting him and you expect him to try get out the way?

Getting up off the floor is quite a natural reaction. Players tend not to slide on the floor and then just lie there for no reason. Again, we're talking milliseconds for him to assess "actually, I think if I stand up there may be a higher chance Garnacho will hit the ball at me so I best just lie here and hope he evades me"...

People see too many slow-mo replays and forget how quickly things happen.
I’ve watched in full speed and I’ve been in similar situations myself many times. Have you? It’s not a rocket of a shot from Nacho, he passes it into the «empty» net from 5 yards away from Zirkzee, and he does nothing to try to get out of the way. Let’s agree that there’s little time think and do mental gymnastics in a little less than half a second, but it looks like a brainfart to me. You have plenty of time to at least look like your’re trying to avoid getting hit by a pass from 5 yards away that travels around 30 miles/hour.

I’ve watched in full speed and I’ve been in similar situations myself many times. Have you? It’s not a rocket of a shot from Nacho, he passes it into the «empty» net from 5 yards away from Zirkzee, and he does nothing to try to get out of the way. Let’s agree that there’s little time think and do mental gymnastics in a little less than half a second, but it looks like a brainfart to me. You have plenty of time to at least look like your’re trying to avoid getting hit by a pass from 5 yards away that travels around 30 miles/hour.
You’re having a laugh

Wow ... Neo is not only real, but has an account on the Caf :eek:

Wow ... Neo is not only real, but has an account on the Caf :eek:
You got me. On another note. Watched it back a few more times now and I must admit I might be wrong on this one. He is already on his way up when Nacho finishes and he is actually actively pulling his hands back to make himself smaller.....So there you go.

Need a big performance from him on Sunday. I would imagine he's a cert to start.

You got me. On another note. Watched it back a few more times now and I must admit I might be wrong on this one. He is already on his way up when Nacho finishes and he is actually actively pulling his hands back to make himself smaller.....So there you go.
This is the internet, you're not supposed to change your mind! Go back on your hill!!

The offside defo was unlucky, because he went for a ball that was ahead of him. Bruno could have made a better pass and Zirkzee doesnt have to slide to try and go for it. (TBH you want your strikers lunging for those from those positions). When it gets to Garnacho, I actually think he can easily slide it in and not hit Zirkzee (but then again, he hit the target with his left foot so there you go)

Im guessing he starts v Liverpool with Mount out. I would actually like to see us try Mainoo, Casemiro and Bruno as a three, with Zirkzee, Garnacho left and Amad right to begin with. It gives us Rashford, Ugarte (hopefully), as bench options if we need to change it either way (pack midfield or when Mainoo, Case eventually get tired) or Rashford for probably Amad which will likely happen.

In real time not a single one of the posters on this forum moves out of the way. He did what he was supposed to do as a striker when he slid in there - we've crucified other attackers the last few years for not being there, or not sliding in to get on the end of those crosses. He was terribly unlucky - had we won the game, we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Man Utd 0:3 Liverpool New
Younger Weghorst

Runs about but offers little.

He did alright, should have scored though

New signings get a season...so forget piling on a guy who has played barely 90 mins combined for the club.

Reactions: Fortitude
Anyone dumping on this guy and looking to scapegoat him or draw any conclusions from this one match, I put in the same category as the brain dead morons who thought winning one cup match made ETH a coach worth keeping.

Just chill out.

Reminds me of Lukaku, can't trap a bag of cement and that's apparently one of his best assets. He needs to really sharpen up his game and come to the party, and quick.

He should have scored at least one of the 2 chances, but he's young and new so let's give him time

He looks every bit a £34 million player from Bologna who scored 11 league goals last season & a total of 13 in 57 Serie A games.

Good movement for some chances, lacked composure. Tough game for a young striker against a great defender like Van Dijk, will be better days ahead.

The problem was the first two thirds of the pitch and the set up more than anything.

I know you absolutely shouldn't judge a player, especially a new signing, on one performance... But honestly I will be genuinely shocked if he makes it here.

Doesn't look anywhere near the required quality, but then neither did Martinez at first I suppose.

Horrible first half, clearly not fully fit. Wasn't up to the pace. Better second half.

looked a bit lost today

idk, he might come good but if I was Ten Hag I'd be going for Toney over him

Still our joint leading goal scorer! On course for the Matt Busby Award at this rate.

Still early but could have another Donny on our hands here.

The signing no one was asking for or wanted.

Never been so unimpressed with a new signing as I have with this guy so far this season

Movement looks miles ahead of Hojlund, particularly in the second half but not sure why we've invested in another 'striker' who doesn't seem to have a deadly finish

I don’t think he was that bad. He at least got into three very good scoring positions (should have scored at least the header), which is something Hojlund doesn’t do enough.

Should have scored but it was a pretty bad performance, none of his touches were really coming off. Early days and at least he managed to get himself on the end of a couple of chances.