Film John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Depends blagg, story wise none of them are any good. But from a pure violence gun ballet it's better incrementally, the body counts keeps on increasing every sequel and John Wick got more and more sophisticated in his arsenal. The universe for me is the strong point, and it also didn't fail to disappoint, they've created a very interesting universe of Assassin world that's unique and interesting.

Each movie certainly worth the admission ticket
Plus the set-up to Wick 4.

In many ways it a reflection of our current state of affairs -- the rebelling of the status quo and the existing political structures.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I loved the scene where the car dealer callled the russian boss and he replied with a simple oh.

But sir, it's john wicks car.

Oh

And what follows is bad ass motherfecker moment with words
I enjoyed Wick 3 more than I did Avengers Endgame. It was trying to be too clever and a half.

JW series is simple and yet the series interlocks/segues much cleaner.

Reddy Rederson

Just saw it today. Meh. That’s two movies in a row ive watched this week that did very little but set up sequels. The other being alita. Seems more like they’re kicking the balls out of this franchise than it progressing naturally.

ChrisNelson

Just saw it today. Meh. That’s two movies in a row ive watched this week that did very little but set up sequels. The other being alita. Seems more like they’re kicking the balls out of this franchise than it progressing naturally.
Ending sets it up for a belting 4th instalment though! I think number 4 could break with tradition and be the best of the lot, although will almost certainly be the last with how the story is unravelling.

John Wick films are a very individual breed, they are massively OTT at times but very stylish films in my opinion.

arthurka

Ending sets it up for a belting 4th instalment though! I think number 4 could break with tradition and be the best of the lot, although will almost certainly be the last with how the story is unravelling.

John Wick films are a very individual breed, they are massively OTT at times but very stylish films in my opinion.
They will never kill this off, wait until you meet his son or uncle or even better daughter or niece..

Sylar

Number 4 needs him working with Morpheus and intro'ing Trinity into the franchise

I enjoyed 3. I actually wanted a bit more world building though but that first scene was fantastic in the library and Halle berry and her dogs were great

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
These movies are the absolute titties. IMO I can't think of a better action Trilogy.

Cait Sith

It's actually somehow really cheap now. The first one was the best, it actually had a real story. Grieving guy who lost his wife gets a last present delivered from her, gets assaulted at home from gangsters, the present (dog) taken away and car stolen, find out he's actually a pro killer and part of a special circle with certain rules going for the ultimate revenge.

There is a real story. Part 3 is just a video game now. Move from one place to another while killing as many enemies as possible. 2 vs. 40? No problem. And a random ending because they didn't know what else to do.

It only works because everyone loves Keanu and most scenes are so over the top that it's comedic. Otherwise this movie would be total trash to be honest. Great entertainment though.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It only works because everyone loves Keanu and most scenes are so over the top that it's comedic. Otherwise this movie would be total trash to be honest. Great entertainment though.
It carries on well from story of movie one. Getting dragged into one situation after another as a result of movie one is believable. But then, they need new blood for next episode.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I would put the Bourne movies above it (at least the first 3 anyway), but do really enjoy the John Wick films.
In terms of a deeper and more believable storyline/plot then I'd agree. But I personally love the stylized look of the Wick films, and the whole underground settings.

The Bourne movies are raw, whereas the Wick movies are stylized. And TBH they are the perfect weekend blockbuster action movie to see with your mates IMO.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The world building is fantastic. Organized crime in modern settings but with medallion coins, secret villain character only clubs and hotels, High Council....it's a mix of multiple genres stylistically done.

I reckon he'll take on high council in next 2 movies.

I wanted a women lead too, but that'd be too like Trinity and Matrix.

Sylar

The world building is fantastic. Organized crime in modern settings but with medallion coins, secret villain character only clubs and hotels, High Council....it's a mix of multiple genres stylistically done.

I reckon he'll take on high council in next 2 movies.

I wanted a women lead too, but that'd be too like Trinity and Matrix.
As long as it's not like the female villain. Was hoping they would at least make her charasmatic if being one dimensional (unless we see more built next movie)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finally watched this last night.

Is it me or is the shooting scene with Halle Berry and her dogs like comically long? :lol: I swear there were infinite respawning guards for about half hour.

Dan

Finally watched this last night.

Is it me or is the shooting scene with Halle Berry and her dogs like comically long? :lol: I swear there were infinite respawning guards for about half hour.
Felt the same, think I checked my watch at one stage too.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Fun but totally over stretched concept ridiculous now. Everyone everywhere is a top assassin.