Joao Neves | signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
£59m seems ... ok. We go for it!

Yoro, Neves, Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund, Amad. Elite youth. Funny that Amad is the oldest of the bunch at 22.

If he is more cultured on the ball then I want him instead of Ugarte. 70m is a steep price, but not too difficult if we can offload McTom and Casemiro.

If true, we can't be just letting them get him can we? Doesn't fit with the reports that Benfica want a huge fee.
By the sounds of it we have to sell before we buy.
Should help any Ugarte pursuit if he goes there you have to think.
Whitwell said that while we're interested there's nothing advanced with Ugarte yet, think we'll have to move on Casemiro before we do any midfield business annoyingly (or McTominay as the rumours today suggested).

Didn't we bid somewhere similar acc to Duncan Castles earlier in the summer ?

Didn't we bid somewhere similar acc to Duncan Castles earlier in the summer ?
Portuguese journalist Castles interviewed said Jorge Mendes made a €70mil offer on behalf of Utd (structured over number of years) and Benfica said no. Wanted €100mil.

Portuguese journalist Castles interviewed said Jorge Mendes made a €70mil offer on behalf of Utd (structured over number of years) and Benfica said no. Wanted €100mil.

Would be well weird if Benfica accept the 60+10m euro offer than PSG are proposing

Stupid move for the player in terms of ambitions, unless he plans to bail to the PL or Barca/Madrid in 4-5 years’ time.

However I’d rather he went to PSG now than a PL rival or either of the Spanish giants as we can get him out of Paris if we want to in the future…and he’s not strengthening a direct rival…boring and unambitious move for Neves but could be good for us in the long-term…I thought this was a move that City and Arsenal would be all over since he’s a profile both of them are missing and similarly to Yoro this kid is the highest level of talent in his position. Would walk into both those teams’ XI too. So like I said this move is good for us

If we do t go back in for this lad I wonder who we'll go for as Ugarte doesn't really match the model INEOS are going for.

Terrible move for any player, unless he has a clause in where he can leave to certain clubs in the future.

For that price I hope we don’t get Involved.

What? For 59m? He's worth 100+. The only question here is if it's overkill to have both him and Mainoo at the same time. If Ineos and ETH believe both have a place in the same squad, we should absolutely get involved. This is a question of squad and tactical fit, the reported price is actually very likely going to be a bargain.

What? For 59m? He's worth 100+. The only question here is if it's overkill to have both him and Mainoo at the same time. If Ineos and ETH believe both have a place in the same squad, we should absolutely get involved. This is a question of squad and tactical fit, the reported price is actually very likely going to be a bargain.
How the feck does Redcafe come up with prices that are “worth it”? Yesterday someone said it was fair price of £70m for Brathwaite and today Neves is somehow worth not just €100m but €100m PLUS?

How the feck does Redcafe come up with prices that are “worth it”? Yesterday someone said it was fair price of £70m for Brathwaite and today Neves is somehow worth not just €100m but €100m PLUS?

How do you come up with them?

I'd say Neves is both a similar profile and level to Mainoo, whilst only being 6 months older than him. Thinking they're not worth 100m or more is an acceptable opinion even though I would disagree with it, but surely 59m is great value? If we were selling Mainoo now for whatever reason, everyone would be demanding 100-120m or more, and we would all be collectively be up in arms if we were selling him for 59m.

Regarding Branthwaite, I think 70m is a bit too much, but it wouldn't be a ridiculous overpay. 50-55m is probably the ceiling of what I would be willing to pay for him...if we pay 70m for him I'll admit we are overpaying but at the same time I would love to have him in the team.

How do you come up with them?

I'd say Neves is both a similar profile and level to Mainoo, whilst only being 6 month older than him. Thinking they're not worth 100m or more is an acceptable opinion even though I would disagree with it, but surely 59m is great value? If we were selling Mainoo now for whatever reason, everyone would be demanding 100-120m or more, and we would all be collectively be up in arms if we were selling him for 59m.

Regarding Branthwaite, I think 70m is a bit too much, but it wouldn't be a ridiculous overpay. 50-55m is probably the ceiling of what I would be willing to pay for him...if we pay 70m for him I'll admit we are overpaying but at the same time I would love to have him in the team.
Yeah if we were selling Mainoo we can demand a fee of £120m but it doesn’t mean he is worth that price. It’s just the price the selling club sets.

I think they want a holding midfielder to - dare I say - “unleash Mainoo”

Don’t know loads about Neves but I don’t think he’s that type
I've watched a good bit of him and he is. He's not a physical beast but he is very capable defensively, plus he has a better passing range and is a good dribbler.
Tbh, I think we need both.
If not Neves then someone like Zubimendi would do.

I thought this guy was also more of a box to box “8” versus a DM? Can’t say I’ve watched much of him and I only know mostly from what I’ve read on here and some highlights. Seems odd that PSG would buy him then as they have Vitinha, Ruiz & Zaire-Emery.

I've watched a good bit of him and he is. He's not a physical beast but he is very capable defensively, plus he has a better passing range and is a good dribbler.
Tbh, I think we need both.
If not Neves then someone like Zubimendi would do.
I think a midfield 2 of Mainoo and Neves just wouldn't be able to physically compete in the EPL, unfortunately. Even City field Rodri to add that metal in midfield, and when he's not about they play 4 CBs.

I think a midfield 2 of Mainoo and Neves just wouldn't be able to physically compete in the EPL, unfortunately. Even City field Rodri to add that metal in midfield, and when he's not about they play 4 CBs.
Best case we buy Ugarte too, so we have options. Neves would anyhow need some bedding in. But it would be an amazing signing long term

Status
Not open for further replies.