Joao Neves | signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
City will have either their own gem or something special lined up that none of the others saw coming. Right now, they don’t need Neves, and by the time they do refresh, they’ll have the optimal player lined up.
This actually backs up my comment that he is not good enough for the top teams, Man City are always looking to upgrade in all areas,cash is no problem for them, saying it is , is ridiculous. Neves is obviously not rated as high as you say by lots of clubs, otherwise they would of been a bidding war.

This actually backs up my comment that he is not good enough for the top teams, Man City are always looking to upgrade in all areas,cash is no problem for them, saying it is , is ridiculous. Neves is obviously not rated as high as you say by lots of clubs, otherwise they would of been a bidding war.
Well no, City never leave themselves wanting in midfield; if there is any club on the planet who will not be left wanting in midfield, it is the one Pep manages.

City are also going to pretend to observe the rules, which means they are not going to pursue talent in already strong areas of the pitch. They also have Rico Lewis, who is a superb talent who has popped up in midfield despite nominally being a fullback. He can easily become a staple in midfield if they want. They have prodigious talent in their academy also. Neves doesn’t move the dial for a club stacked with talent and their own exceptional talent to bring through.

City have the best midfield in the league; they are not operating in a *need* or must have manner for any player.

I am a little bemused at trying to Monday morning retro engineer a viable counteroffer for Neves with Hannibal or Ten Hag being packaged in it ? As far as we know, United wasn't even in the running of sending actual bids ?

I know all my homies hate state owned clubs but PSG is attractive and carry financial power. Not exactly a shocker they often get what they want.

I think this means Ugarte is off. No way they’ll keep them all happy.

They've got Ruiz, Vitinha, Warren Z-E and now Neves for the central midfield. Don't know much about their other players like the young Moscardo and how much game time he'll expect to see...

As stated by people above me here, this surely has to mean that he's leaving...

That's just untrue.

50M + sending a player on loan the other way is very much affordable for Man Utd.

We were either not in for him, or prioritised other deals. Hell, even Yoro cost more.
Sending who on loan? There's not a single player United are willing to give to Benfica to make up for losing Neves or strengthen any other area.

That's just untrue.

50M + sending a player on loan the other way is very much affordable for Man Utd.

We were either not in for him, or prioritised other deals. Hell, even Yoro cost more.

Or player picked PSG. That's also an option.

Sending who on loan? There's not a single player United are willing to give to Benfica to make up for losing Neves or strengthen any other area.
We already sold Fernandez to them. We could have also sent Lindelof/Mejbri/Pellistri the other way

We already sold Fernandez to them. We could have also sent Lindelof/Mejbri/Pellistri the other way

If they accepted to, at whatever wages Benfica can offer... Sanches already played for them, is Portuguese, a known quantity and he's also with Jorge Mendes AFAIK.

But it's a little moot because MU didn't submit any bids anyway.

If they accepted to, at whatever wages Benfica can offer... Sanches already played for them, is Portuguese, a known quantity and he's also with Jorge Mendes AFAIK.

But it's a little moot because MU didn't submit any bids anyway.
same with Lindelof. And thats my point as well, United didnt bid, its not like we didnt have the money.

Well no, City never leave themselves wanting in midfield; if there is any club on the planet who will not be left wanting in midfield, it is the one Pep manages.

City are also going to pretend to observe the rules, which means they are not going to pursue talent in already strong areas of the pitch. They also have Rico Lewis, who is a superb talent who has popped up in midfield despite nominally being a fullback. He can easily become a staple in midfield if they want. They have prodigious talent in their academy also. Neves doesn’t move the dial for a club stacked with talent and their own exceptional talent to bring through.

City have the best midfield in the league; they are not operating in a *need* or must have manner for any player.

Bold prediction, especially with Palmer having a great season, but, having watched the dramatic improvement in Oscar Bobb in preseason, I'm convinced that he's going to be better than Palmer and likely vindicated Pep opening up that pathway for him.

City will have either their own gem or something special lined up that none of the others saw coming. Right now, they don’t need Neves, and by the time they do refresh, they’ll have the optimal player lined up.

Neves is exactly what they need right now. They haven't adequately replaced Gundogan and Neves is probably the best option from the available options to fill that hole in the squad. Better suited to play the Gundogan role than Kovacic, Nunes, or anyone in their squad.

Bold prediction, especially with Palmer having a great season, but, having watched the dramatic improvement in Oscar Bobb in preseason, I'm convinced that he's going to be better than Palmer and likely vindicated Pep opening up that pathway for him.
Vindicated...interesting.

It wouldn’t surprise me. You can accuse them (and Pep) of a lot of things, but he’s close to - if not already - the best developer of midfielders ever. If there’s one area of a team you can trust him implicitly with, it’s midfield, so whatever the planned contingency is, it’ll most likely be superb.

Neves is exactly what they need right now. They haven't adequately replaced Gundogan and Neves is probably the best option from the available options to fill that hole in the squad. Better suited to play the Gundogan role than Kovacic, Nunes, or anyone in their squad.
You don’t know what they need… neither do I… for all we know, Pep goes in a different direction, again. And then the profiles of what he wants shift.

What pathway? Kid will be competing with Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Doku, Grealish, Alvarez, and Savinho for three (sometimes four, depending on how City set up) positions. Good luck with that.

Palmer left because there was no pathway. And since then City has added Savinho while losing nobody.

You don’t know what they need… neither do I… for all we know, Pep goes in a different direction, again. And then the profiles of what he wants shift.

We'll see what happens, I just thought their recruitment last season was pretty suspect and unlike City, which is obtaining some of the absolute best talents for the positions they need, which they tried to do, to be fair, with Rice and Bellingham, but got rejected by both players.

But now Neves is another top tier, elite talent that's a perfect fit for their LCM position and I thought both City and Arsenal would be fighting hard for him.

We'll see what happens, I just thought their recruitment last season was pretty suspect and unlike City, which is obtaining some of the absolute best talents for the positions they need, which they tried to do, to be fair, with Rice and Bellingham, but got rejected by both players.

But now Neves is another top tier, elite talent that's a perfect fit for their LCM position and I thought both City and Arsenal would be fighting hard for him.
We will indeed. You might be right, but Pep always has a scheme for midfield and it be beyond uncharacteristic for him to be caught with his pants down in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.