Joao Neves | signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not surprised, he’s too expensive with that release clause for any club to be seriously investing the time right now.
Yeah no one in their right mind is paying €100mil. If Jorge Mendes can't get Benfica to drop to €70mil. Then might as well give up on him this summer.

100m for him is pretty damn steep and i think teams are getting a little bit weary of these big transfer fees especially for someone that isn't going to be scoring goals

Can we agree to pay slightly above his release Clause, spreading the payment over 8years?

Can we agree to pay slightly above his release Clause, spreading the payment over 8years?
Think we tried this with Enzo and Benfica dug their heels in and were adamant that it’s all at once or no sale.

I dont think this is realistic at all now. We're clearly looking at multiple positions so huge transfer fees arent possible. We need to be looking at better value for money anyway.

Typical PSG, discarding a young player after a year (where he had some highs even !) to pursue another shiny toy.
They'll probably want 40-50m€ at least then to make it a white operation in accounting.

Normally not one to make comments like “why is he going there?!” But an Mbappe-less, French league struggling with TV deals — PSG side has slid down the list in terms of what I’d consider an attractive prospect for a young player.

Money talks and all that, but he’s probably better off staying another 12-24 months and moving to another club when things align a bit better.

Shame but always considered this one a stretch. Does that mean PSG will give us Ugarte now on the cheap?

Psg is banking up all the new shiny midfielders it seems, what a shame, wish we could make a move for vithinia at least.

Wonder what the price will be? €100mil ? Won't be €70mil as they alledgly rejected that from us earlier in the window.

Also do they really need him? They have Fabien Ruiz, Vitinha, Soler, Danilo, Renato Sanches, moscado, ugarte, emery etc.

Where does he fit in? As a replacement for ugarte most likely.

If it is by some miracle down to €70mil, I wonder if we will go back in and match PSG terms? João Neves was our first choice this summer it seems.

Shame but always considered this one a stretch. Does that mean PSG will give us Ugarte now on the cheap?

You'd imagine they'd want to get at least their money back minus amortisation.
So 48-50m€, perhaps.

We should go for Vitinha, rather than Ugarte, if this is true. PSG obviously wouldnt want to sell though.

You'd imagine they'd want to get at least their money back minus amortisation.
So 48-50m€, perhaps.
Phillpe Auclair (respected french football journalist) said last week that PSG will not sell Ugarte for less than what they paid for him.

Normally not one to make comments like “why is he going there?!” But an Mbappe-less, French league struggling with TV deals — PSG side has slid down the list in terms of what I’d consider an attractive prospect for a young player.

Money talks and all that, but he’s probably better off staying another 12-24 months and moving to another club when things align a bit better.
It's more on the club than the player in this scenario. No one will be ready to pay his release clause bar PSG this year and Neves will be pushed to do what's best for Benfica. However, there is a case of a player really regressing after moving in G.Ramos, idk how much that would sway his decision.

However hes not going to add the defensive ability to our midfield. He would need to play instead of Bruno or Mainoo
Very true, but I would hate to miss a chance to sign him, we could sign a DM as well.

PSG have still got a better squad than us, so can see why a player would move there over us. In champions league too. We have some work to do before we attract the very best young talent.

Hopefully we can improve the squad this summer and atleast finish top 4. Next summer could be where we target the best talent. Ugarte should be freed up now for the move atleast. We can't turn our nose up to big club rejects or cast offs just yet.

Zirkzee, Ugarte and De Ligt level signings will do for this year and still improve our squad.

PSG have still got a better squad than us, so can see why a player would move there over us. In champions league too. We have some work to do before we attract the very best young talent.

Hopefully we can improve the squad this summer and atleast finish top 4. Next summer could be where we target the best talent. Ugarte should be freed up now for the move atleast. We can't turn our nose up to big club rejects or cast offs just yet.

Zirkzee, Ugarte and De Ligt level signings will do for this year and still improve our squad.
I think this is about raw expense and oil clubs can put up the monies however the seller prefers. Normal clubs have to concern themselves with payment structure, which his club made clear they weren’t entertaining.

We should go for Vitinha, rather than Ugarte, if this is true. PSG obviously wouldnt want to sell though.

I'm with you on this. Really like Vitinha as a number 8. He could alternate with Mainoo.

CDM Ugarte and Casemiro/Amrabat
CM Mainoo and Vitinha
Cover McTominay, Eriksen and Hannibal

I would have loved to see another young talented midfielder at United. Well, guess we're priced out here

Very true, but I would hate to miss a chance to sign him, we could sign a DM as well.
Ugarte is a DM and a very good one. If they are selling Vitinha too fine go for it but they are not to its pretty moot

They’ll be paying anywhere from €85 million to €100 million for Neves so they’ll have to sell Ugarte to some what balance the books, I’m sure they paid £50 million for him so they’d surely sell for anywhere between £40 million to £45 million which would be great for us as at his age he’s got sell on value if he ever did leave.

It's more on the club than the player in this scenario. No one will be ready to pay his release clause bar PSG this year and Neves will be pushed to do what's best for Benfica. However, there is a case of a player really regressing after moving in G.Ramos, idk how much that would sway his decision.
I think this is about raw expense and oil clubs can put up the monies however the seller prefers. Normal clubs have to concern themselves with payment structure, which his club made clear they weren’t entertaining.
Yeah, think you’re both right. A ‘normal club’ can only sign a player like Neves with such a transfer fee if he’s the only signing of the summer. I think reports said we were willing to get high up as sort of 60-70m and that was us done.

Loic Tanzi reporting that discussions surrounding a €70m fee are taking place between PSG and Benfica.

Loic Tanzi reporting that discussions surrounding a €70m fee are taking place between PSG and Benfica.

If true, we can't be just letting them get him can we? Doesn't fit with the reports that Benfica want a huge fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.