Joao Neves | signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays a few games, storms them and gets a minor injury that keeps him out from the rest of it?
PSG are already sniffing around; a couple of good games and you can bet at least Chelsea would bumble their way into contention. A full-on great tournament, and I think it’d be a free for all.

I don’t get why this thread is so active, am I missing something?

He’s gonna cost a fortune and why would he even want to come here if he’s as good as being touted. We’re not in the CL and we don’t look the most stable club at the moment considering our manager and owners haven’t sorted out how they want to move forward.

He’s gonna cost a fortune and why would he even want to come here if he’s as good as being touted. We’re not in the CL and we don’t look the most stable club at the moment considering our manager and owners haven’t sorted out how they want to move forward.
We’ve been scouting him all season and he’s besties with Bruno.

Vininha is better. But hes one of the best CMs in the world

Not seenenough ofhim, technically seems brilliant butis he just neatand tidy knitting things together with good technque or does he flatter to decieve as not seen muchsuper creative or game changing the admittedly very few times seen him

Not seenenough ofhim, technically seems brilliant butis he just neatand tidy knitting things together with good technque or does he flatter to decieve as not seen muchsuper creative or game changing the admittedly very few times seen him

7 goals in the league and makes tackles as well as being the small, technical dribbling and passer you'd expect

Martinez is awful. You have to wonder how things will pan out for Portugal during this tournament under his watch. Neves seems like a wildcard in terms of whether he'll get PT or not given how wackily Martinez set the team up today.

Martinez is awful. You have to wonder how things will pan out for Portugal during this tournament under his watch. Neves seems like a wildcard in terms of whether he'll get PT or not given how wackily Martinez set the team up today.
Definition of falling upwards that fella Martinez, keeps landing top grade jobs and yet has nothing to show for it.

Haven’t seen him a ton but he was brilliant in some of the CL games. Really ran the midfield nicely as a #6 even though he’s a little guy.

Definitely need a striker this summer,ideally someone who can help take pressure off Rasmus

Although we do and someone to challenge him rather than take the pressure off....surprisedmany see it as a big priority....as for me there are 4-6if weinclude injury concerns positions we needa new starter so a potentialsecond choice is fairly low onthe priorities for me thogh needed.

With all that considered the Neves fee is really prohibitive especially considering linkssofar includepotential £50m deals forBraithwaite and Zirkkhee already

Although we do and someone to challenge him rather than take the pressure off....surprisedmany see it as a big priority....as for me there are 4-6if weinclude injury concerns positions we needa new starter so a potentialsecond choice is fairly low onthe priorities for me thogh needed.

With all that considered the Neves fee is really prohibitive especially considering linkssofar includepotential £50m deals forBraithwaite and Zirkkhee already
Lets wait and see what these fees are. The release clause for Zirkzee is £34m and wel need to work out what agents get if we're successful.

As others have said you simply can’t go into a new season with only one striker. In Hojland gets injured or drops his form (as he did for spells last season) it will be absolute ineptitude to have no other options. It’s one of the most important positions.

If our targets for CB and ST are Brantwaith and Zirkzee, then hopefully the sales of Sancho, Greenwood, van de Beek and Pellistri can cover the transfers of those two.

Then maybe there will be enough left to buy Neves after. Depending on what happens with Ambrabat, Casemiro and Eriksen we might also need a more tradiotional destroyer DM as well.

As others have said you simply can’t go into a new season with only one striker. In Hojland gets injured or drops his form (as he did for spells last season) it will be absolute ineptitude to have no other options. It’s one of the most important positions.

Dont disagree at all, just £40-50m on striker when if we hopefully sell some players we are totally bare in other areas.....never liked the past cheap experieced striker deals but think that may be the best option this summer

We can’t go anywhere near that release clause without completely blowing our budget

I only see City or Arsenal getting him this summer. Both need him more than we do, as weird as that sounds with them having much better squads than us.

Personally, I'm not so sure that we can't afford Neves this Summer.
I've heard some rumours that we only have a budget of £50m, but I do wonder if that's just a smokescreen for stronger negotiations.
The polar opposite of Ed Woodward shouting out "we've got loadsamoney" and getting his pants pulled down.

INEOS are surely going to want to make a big statement signing this Summer, and I just feel that the budget will be more substantial than is currently being rumoured.
Even if it was £100m, that would be sufficient to cover the Neves signing.

We then have a whole list of players that could/should be sold, notably Greenwood, Sancho, Casemiro, Donny, Lindelof, Eriksen, Hannibal, Pellistri and these would fund signings for other positions.

Vininha is better. But hes one of the best CMs in the world
Is he normally this good? Outshined Fernandes and Silva last night. Shame he’s locked away in Paris.

Dont disagree at all, just £40-50m on striker when if we hopefully sell some players we are totally bare in other areas.....never liked the past cheap experieced striker deals but think that may be the best option this summer
I think that would be fine as a third choice striker (which we do eventually need), but my preference would be a played good enough to play instead of Hojland but also play with him on occasions. I think there’s a possibility that Hojland could also come in from wide positions with the right partner alongside him.

Is he normally this good? Outshined Fernandes and Silva last night. Shame he’s locked away in Paris.

Yes he is.

Another we were strongly linked with last summer, only 40m euros too.

Personally, I'm not so sure that we can't afford Neves this Summer.
I've heard some rumours that we only have a budget of £50m, but I do wonder if that's just a smokescreen for stronger negotiations.
The polar opposite of Ed Woodward shouting out "we've got loadsamoney" and getting his pants pulled down.

INEOS are surely going to want to make a big statement signing this Summer, and I just feel that the budget will be more substantial than is currently being rumoured.
Even if it was £100m, that would be sufficient to cover the Neves signing.

We then have a whole list of players that could/should be sold, notably Greenwood, Sancho, Casemiro, Donny, Lindelof, Eriksen, Hannibal, Pellistri and these would fund signings for other positions.
You think we can find clubs that want to buy?

You think we can find clubs that want to buy?

Should be able to sell Sancho, Greenwood & Casemiro without too much trouble, Pellistri too....but some of the others will be a bit more tricky.. :rolleyes:
Sancho £40m - Greenwood £30m - Pellistri £10m - Casemiro £20m, we really should be able to get around £100m for those 4 players.

Yeah he's been really good for a while now. Wolves must be a bit gutted, they had a 20m EUR option to buy when they had him on loan.

Should be able to sell Sancho, Greenwood & Casemiro without too much trouble, Pellistri too....but some of the others will be a bit more tricky.. :rolleyes:
Sancho £40m - Greenwood £30m - Pellistri £10m - Casemiro £20m, we really should be able to get around £100m for those 4 players.
I think Sancho might be tough, his wages are high.

Yeah he's been really good for a while now. Wolves must be a bit gutted, they had a 20m EUR option to buy when they had him on loan.

He's the one that got away for me. Was begging us to sign him 2 years ago, thought he'd have been perfect for us.

Bruno to his wife “ Yeah he’s fine. Don’t worry. I’m taking good care of him. He’s playing in the backyard right now.”
"Yeah João, I saw it, very good, 2 seconds, I'm on the phone to your mum."

Status
Not open for further replies.