Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will score a few goals and Atleti will change their mind. And if not then I don’t think they gonna buckle and loan him for cheap either way.

We have to bite the bullet on this one regarding the loan fee and wages if we really want him badly. If not then just don’t waste the whole window on him hoping for atletico to finally accept our proposal in the last hours of Jan 31st. Go and look somewhere else.

He will score a few goals and Atleti will change their mind. And if not then I don’t think they gonna buckle and loan him for cheap either way.

We have to bite the bullet on this one regarding the loan fee and wages if we really want badly. If not then just don’t waste the whole window on him hoping for atletico to finally accept our proposal in the last hours of Jan 31st. Go and look somewhere else.

Didn’t Martial literally help us to 3 points and was out the week after?

Didn’t Martial literally help us to 3 points and was out the week after?
Not saying based just on today’s game itself but if he hits a mini purple patch then it think it would be harder to get him. These Spanish clubs are already tricky to deal with.

We have to bite the bullet on this one regarding the loan fee and wages if we really want him badly. If not then just don’t waste the whole window on him hoping for atletico to finally accept our proposal in the last hours of Jan 31st. Go and look somewhere else.

Wasnt there a need for AM to get Felix off the book to meet FFP requirements?

Might be mistaken, I just seem to remember it being mentioned

Wasnt there a need for AM to get Felix off the book to meet FFP requirements?

Might be mistaken, I just seem to remember it being mentioned

They haven’t released their accounts for 21/22 yet. Normally they have had a very sound economy, sold a lot of players for a good profit while always keeping their wage bill slim in relation to others. But they made huge losses during Covid and now they are out of Europe all together. I don’t expect them to have massive issues, but that is just a guess.

They want to move Felix so lets do the deal or can we make a cheeky bid for Coutinho from Villa

They haven’t released their accounts for 21/22 yet. Normally they have had a very sound economy, sold a lot of players for a good profit while always keeping their wage bill slim in relation to others. But they made huge losses during Covid and now they are out of Europe all together. I don’t expect them to have massive issues, but that is just a guess.

Cheers pal. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. :)

I am desperate for another striker. Or another attacker like him.
We need an out an out striker, not another attacking player like Bruno. I’d much rather be in for someone else other than felix - but appreciate that might not be a popular opinion given how highly some rate him despite his poor goal to match ratio

We need an out an out striker, not another attacking player like Bruno. I’d much rather be in for someone else other than felix - but appreciate that might not be a popular opinion given how highly some rate him despite his poor goal to match ratio

I agree with your opinion, but there isn’t an out and out striker out there right now. Maybe in the summer (time for Kane to leave Spurs), but not right now. Felix ticks enough of the right boxes for what we could use right now.

Yeah if the loan fee wasn't so high I wish we could show ambition to get him and a CF but sadly due to finances that's impossible for us. No doubt he provides us with much needed creativity but lack of goals is concerning.

Last edited:
They really believe they are getting their money back for the lad.

These guys are idiots.

Mendes best not mess up his buzz like he done with CR7.

They really believe they are getting their money back for the lad.

These guys are idiots.

Mendes best not mess up his buzz like he done with CR7.

Atletico are having a very hard time swallowing the fact they were scammed big time by Benfica. And now they not only want to recoup the money but also don't want to lose face. Well, that's not going to happen. They've lost their mind if they consider this an actual possibility. Then again, if I have to suffer that kind of football for so long, I'd probably lose my mind, too.

Our squad depth in terms of quality is not great, right now we basically only have Fred and Garnacho to call from.

Dream signing for me.

Odegaard was out of favour at Real Madrid, even more risky signing than this and look at him now.

He has the potential to be one of the best players in the league.

Would be wary about signing without an obligation to buy though, just for us to window dress him to a big money move to a different club in the summer.

I’m sure we are trying to work on something but if it’s just not feasible then I trust the club but I hope we do everything we can to get him in.

€15m fee for 5 months is mental.
When broken down like that, it does seem insane. Still nothing compared to the money we've squandered on high wages and transfer fees, only to let them go off for peanuts or free. Pogba springs to mind..

If ETH really wants him and sees no better alternative then €10M with a reasonable option to buy is nothing compared to a top 4 finish. We are 1 CF injury away from having our entire season collapsing.

When broken down like that, it does seem insane. Still nothing compared to the money we've squandered on high wages and transfer fees, only to let them go off for peanuts or free. Pogba springs to mind..

If ETH really wants him and sees no better alternative then €10M with a reasonable option to buy is nothing compared to a top 4 finish. We are 1 CF injury away from having our entire season collapsing.
I am all for new signings just like everyone else here but to me it just looks like a very bad deal. I know in an ideal world he would come here, play well, score quite a few goals, get us a TOP 4 spot and maybe some cup, in which case that money spent would look like a smart decision. But realistically I think he would most likely struggle to make an impact, will need time to adjust to the league and will be a complete waste of money. I know we need a goalscorer but is someone who has scored double digit league goals only once in his career (in Portuguese league) is considered a goalscorer and is what we need? I am not convinced at all.

I am all for new signings just like everyone else here but to me it just looks like a very bad deal. I know in an ideal world he would come here, play well, score quite a few goals, get us a TOP 4 spot and maybe some cup, in which case that money spent would look like a smart decision. But realistically I think he would most likely struggle to make an impact, will need time to adjust to the league and will be a complete waste of money. I know we need a goalscorer but is someone who has scored double digit league goals only once in his career (in Portuguese league) is considered a goalscorer and is what we need? I am not convinced at all.
I agree with your concerns. But I'm just going to go with the manager's decision on this, whatever it may be. It's been awhile since I've had such confidence about our manager's decision-making.

Dream signing for me.

Odegaard was out of favour at Real Madrid, even more risky signing than this and look at him now.

He has the potential to be one of the best players in the league.

Would be wary about signing without an obligation to buy though, just for us to window dress him to a big money move to a different club in the summer.

I’m sure we are trying to work on something but if it’s just not feasible then I trust the club but I hope we do everything we can to get him in.
Sort of similar comparison. Felix is obviously very talented, the big difference with Felix to say Odegaard is he only had the one season at Benfica before the giant move. Odegaard had a very good season in Netherlands at Vitesse and then had another very good season at Sociedad. Two separate leagues, two separate seasons.

Even say, Sancho, who is in a similar boat where the sky high potential hasn’t been fulfilled yet had 3 full seasons at Dortmund before the move.

Still an awful lot of risk attached to a Felix move. My biggest worry is more positionally — still not convinced he truly fits into a side and that’s partially why he’s not excelling.

If ETH wants Felix we need to get this deal done. If we can get him at a good price, bring him in. He will bring a lot of quality.

This is one player I want us to sign! Think he’ll contribute massively to us. He’ll add quality aswell as depth and him and Bruno will already have a good understanding. He can play as a false 9 and interchange with martial/rashford.

Think it’s between us and arsenal for him. This one may drag out till late January… they’ll bring down the loan fee eventually when his agent pushes for the move.

The money for this one seems daft unless the loan fee can be used as a down payment for an actual transfer next summer. He isn't going to pull up trees in a more physical league over the next 5 months.

Sort of similar comparison. Felix is obviously very talented, the big difference with Felix to say Odegaard is he only had the one season at Benfica before the giant move. Odegaard had a very good season in Netherlands at Vitesse and then had another very good season at Sociedad. Two separate leagues, two separate seasons.

Even say, Sancho, who is in a similar boat where the sky high potential hasn’t been fulfilled yet had 3 full seasons at Dortmund before the move.

Still an awful lot of risk attached to a Felix move. My biggest worry is more positionally — still not convinced he truly fits into a side and that’s partially why he’s not excelling.

I agree. However the talent Felix showed at Benfica was a different class to what Odegaard showed before his Real Madrid move in my opinion.

Also take the point re Sancho as he was one of the best players in the Bundesliga for a year or two and hasn’t shown that talent in the EPL yet. I just think Felix is a level above. Maybe I’m overrating him, but I just think he’s world class and a bad fit in that Athletico side.

A few million and his wages for the rest of the season is the most we should offer. They clearly don't value him or they wouldn't be putting him up for a loan. I think he is a top player but one of those that hasn't lived up to the hype and is a risk.

A few million and his wages for the rest of the season is the most we should offer. They clearly don't value him or they wouldn't be putting him up for a loan. I think he is a top player but one of those that hasn't lived up to the hype and is a risk.

A few millions maybe but a permanent option in the summer or they can feck right off.

Was it last season that Chelsea took one of their highly rated midfielders on loan and all he did was warm the bench.

Was it last season that Chelsea took one of their highly rated midfielders on loan and all he did was warm the bench.

Not exactly, Saul used to be highly rated years ago but has strangely declined in the past 3 or 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.