Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it last season that Chelsea took one of their highly rated midfielders on loan and all he did was warm the bench.
Yes. Was once highly rated though, was out of favour and transfer listed by the time Chelsea got their hands on him.

Different situation to Felix who they are struggling to pay wages to and does not get on with the manager at all.

Yes. Was once highly rated though, was out of favour and transfer listed by the time Chelsea got their hands on him.

Different situation to Felix who they are struggling to pay wages to and does not get on with the manager at all.
We should be getting him cheap then....what are they playing at?

I think we need him tbh. Elanga is not great, Sancho is missing in action, Pellestri unproven, Garnacho still raw, this leaves a lot of pressure on Antony, Rashford and Martial as our forward line.

Add to the fact Antony seems inconsistent and Martial injury prone, we are looking at Rashford carrying our season right now.

the only way i'd pay 15m now is to have a guarantee of a purchase in the summer if we wanted it.

It's fair to say if this is what they want, it'll not happen anywhere near the start of Jan.

the only way i'd pay 15m now is to have a guarantee of a purchase in the summer if we wanted it.

It's fair to say if this is what they want, it'll not happen anywhere near the start of Jan.

The £15m would also have to be deducted off the price.

If not for anything else, I'd say we get this guy just so Arsenal doesn't get him. Even though he's not a 1-to-1 replacement for Jesus, I think he'd really bolster their title winning chances.

The £15m would also have to be deducted off the price.
Yeah. Say 15 now, then maybe 65 in the summer.

Atletico want to try get 15 now then 120 again in the summer :lol:

If not for anything else, I'd say we get this guy just so Arsenal doesn't get him. Even though he's not a 1-to-1 replacement for Jesus, I think he'd really bolster their title winning chances.

why would we want to help City win the league though?

Everybody keeps mentioning the wages it’s a bit bizarre he’s a 100m player he will be on good money

If we can negotiate the 15m loan fee down a bit I don’t see a problem. It’s annoying as people choose to report fee based around wages, Chelsea’s move for Fernandez will probably be a 200m move if you was to include his contract but you don’t see that being reported.

Everybody keeps mentioning the wages it’s a bit bizarre he’s a 100m player he will be on good money

If we can negotiate the 15m loan fee down a bit I don’t see a problem. It’s annoying as people choose to report fee based around wages, Chelsea’s move for Fernandez will probably be a 200m move if you was to include his contract but you don’t see that being reported.

considering Atletico played Griez for 30 mins in the beginning of the season till Barca bulged on the transfer fee I seriously doubt they will let their biggest buy go or even loaned out on the cheap.

He’s far from what we need too.

Hope we don't waste all of Jan trying to negotiate with Atletico as I agree with others they will be hard to work with. Also he doesn't bring anything particularly different to what we have, would prefer a punt on Thuram at this point.

Should proceed only if they are selling now for 60-70m. Loan deal is BS.

So he’s destined to leave this month, they’re waiting for our final action to seal the deal, but he could also stay put.

Well I’m glad Moretto has his ear to the ground.

He'd be good solution for next 6 months, but how Felix fits in this United team in long-term? He's a second striker, would he be false 9 for us or something? We've got Bruno for attacking midfield position, we've got Rashford for LW.

Why people are saying Cody Gakpo as not the suitable player yet pushing more for Joao.
Both are not an out and out striker.
Kolo Muani impressed me more than Marcus Thuram.
Pacy with lovely feet and decent height, a bit of skinny build but deceptively strong.
Eintracht Frankfurt were really lucky to get him on a free transfer.

How could anyone justify paying that amount for a short loan? Why are they loaning him anyway?

They may as well just sell him if that's the asking price to rent him out for half a season.

why would we want to help City win the league though?
Other than the fact that it would also benefit us, is that I would rather they win it than Arsenal (who is an actual rival).

€15m fee + €6m wages for 6 months is fuking assinine......Cholo must be smoking some damn good shit in madrid

Was it last season that Chelsea took one of their highly rated midfielders on loan and all he did was warm the bench.

Think it was Koke who was very highly rated a few years back but clearly fell away. AM are a big side in Spain so the only reason they would be loaning their "big" players is because they are underperforming and they are trying to get rid. Felix can be quality but clearly isn't doing the business for them.

15m and we get to keep him until the end of next season would be a fair price imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.