Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don’t see anyone paying 15 million and his wages, we could probably buy Dembele for 15 million outright.

Outrageous demands from Atletico, they could seat on him as much as they like with those demands.

I think we need him tbh. Elanga is not great, Sancho is missing in action, Pellestri unproven, Garnacho still raw, this leaves a lot of pressure on Antony, Rashford and Martial as our forward line.

Wasn't Sancho back at Carrington today?

Is it only me that see his attacking numbers as scary? Going through the posts makes me wonder how does anybody want an attacker that lacks goals!!

We need someone who knows how to put the ball into the net, you cant bring in yet another attacker that lacks goals.

I think they are both playing the game. Atletico saying they will be happy for him to stay. We know how it goes.
There's no time to play games in this window. Games are happening every 3 days right now, I think we'll abandon and move to another target than draw this shit out.

We need Bruno to message Felix on this one and get him to push through a move. We’ve got a massive chance to get top 4 and win a trophy this season. Let’s improve our squad further and push on! Also think if we sign him it will wind the scousers up as they’re desperately in need of a midfielder and we’d of signed someone we need before them.

There's no time to play games in this window. Games are happening every 3 days right now, I think we'll abandon and move to another target than draw this shit out.

There’s not. Be we are crap at negotiating so don’t be surprised if we buy him on loan at the last week of the window.

Wasn't Sancho back at Carrington today?

Yes but still not training with the team.

I agree at this point Felix is the best option for reinforcements. He can play across the forward line and will provide more quality than anyone else we could probably bring in during this window. At this point I think it would be wise to forget about Sancho coming back any time soon given we don't have a timetable for him anyways, and we already lost Ronaldo. We are desperately thin behind our first choice forward line as the only other good option we have is an 18 year old just getting his feet wet.

I wouldn’t care about the loan fee being so high if it was ultimately completely applicable to a final transfer fee. Say a fee is agreed of 100m for him, and we pay a 15m loan fee, we should then be able to complete the deal for a further 85m paid in instalments. The risk then is whether he turns out to be good enough to warrant a permanent transfer. Because I’d want that to be optional not an obligation.

As it is they want 15m plus wages and no buy clause. Untenable stance.

I wouldn’t care about the loan fee being so high if it was ultimately completely applicable to a final transfer fee. Say a fee is agreed of 100m for him, and we pay a 15m loan fee, we should then be able to complete the deal for a further 85m paid in instalments. The risk then is whether he turns out to be good enough to warrant a permanent transfer. Because I’d want that to be optional not an obligation.

As it is they want 15m plus wages and no buy clause. Untenable stance.

Makes sense to me. Although, wouldn't AM then have to set an initial fixed fee, either optional or obligatory?

The reluctance to do so would suggest their intent is to keep their options open. Setting any fee now would only mean they would be settling for a minimal amount, as opposed to waiting to see how he performs before committing themseves to a valuation.

Yet, if they are currently willing to commit to a reasonable price, then why not just attempt to sell him now? The loan seems pointless.

However, as things stand, if he were to excel during his loan spell, AM would then be able to push for the 100m they clearly hope for. If not, they still get to wait until summer before having to settle for less.

Would rather sign Marcus Thuram for that 15M. Atletico must be joking asking that much, they can keep him and see his value drop further as his relationship with Simeone deteriorates as days go by.

What's so good about this bloke? Am I missing something?

1:05...from his most recent match. Bergkamp-esque pass. Crazy technique and vision.

Whole video is worth watching. He had a really good game. Little sprinkles of class throughout while playing in a team totally unsuited to him.

For an overall video of his qualities:

No way anyone can watch this and not instantly want him here.

Last edited:

There is no doubting his class, its just whether he makes sense as a straight loan deal.

For both United and Arsenal I think there are real questions about where he plays, how well he'd adapt to playing as a lead striker in the PL (even if we call it a false 9), and how long it would take him to bed into the team in that kind of role.

He has a rare enough talent that on a loan with a reasonable fee and a steep but still reasonable option (ie, ~70-80m) to buy at the end, he'd make a ton of sense for either United or Arsenal.

What is the point of paying 20m to loan him for five months, spending the first two or three of those months bedding him into the team and adapting him to the PL in a new position, and then right when he starts to hit his stride he goes back to Atleti who use his last month or two of good performances as additional reason to ask for another 130m?

Atletico are not actively trying to get rid of him. They seem very happy to continue with him in the team and will only let him go on their terms.

There is wanting him here and able to afford to have him here. I thought ETH made it very clear that we have no money and needed to be creative for center forward? I think a loan signing in tune of Igahlo and use of Elanga and Gernacho and that's it until the club is sold.

There is wanting him here and able to afford to have him here. I thought ETH made it very clear that we have no money and needed to be creative for center forward? I think a loan signing in tune of Igahlo and use of Elanga and Gernacho and that's it until the club is sold.

Would take Morata on loan as still not convinced we will pay up for Thuram either

Could we offer them sancho as part of a player exchange? Reckon it’ll be a win-win for all parties involved. Both felix and sancho could have a fresh start and kick start back their careers.

Could we offer them sancho as part of a player exchange? Reckon it’ll be a win-win for all parties involved. Both felix and sancho could have a fresh start and kick start back their careers.
Why would we give up on Sancho so easily? Let's see if he kicks on the rest of the season.

I also don't think Sancho would want the move to Atletico, they're too defensive for his skill set to flourish, it'd be another Felix situation.

What's so good about this bloke? Am I missing something?

He's a really good player for a team that's already a finished project and play attacking football. Definitely not a real #9 like we need, though. And we also need players that can come into the current environment and improve us immediately. Félix could easily end up like Sancho, a great player but someone who needs the right environment to be able to showcase his qualities. We are not there yet.

1:05...from his most recent match. Bergkamp-esque pass. Crazy technique and vision.

Whole video is worth watching. He had a really good game. Little sprinkles of class throughout while playing in a team totally unsuited to him.

For an overall video of his qualities:

I watched it and I’m not sold. He seems really lightweight, has some good tricks, but Amad looks about the same. I’m not seeing it.

I watched it and I’m not sold. He seems really lightweight, has some good tricks, but Amad looks about the same. I’m not seeing it.

Never rated him either. Was all hype
when Atletico signed him I never saw anything wow. Don't want him either whether it's loan or permanent. We need a striker not another lightweight player attempting flicks with Bruno.

I've only been underwhelmed by this guy, granted I've not seen huge amounts. Every time I have seen him though he's been average or worse. It could re-ignite him if he came here but a sensible fee + wages (£10million combined) and a buy option is as much as I'd want to be going. That being said I still think with him we'd need another option upfront as he's not a number 9 by any stretch and that's what we need.

Undoubtedly he’s incredibly talented and still very young, but £100M+ , it’s not going to happen unless he wants to move to Newcastle.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but didn’t we pay £10.5 million for Ighalo’s loan? Felix is at least twice the player and immediately fills a need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.