Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it cost them money?

They have to pay for player or it makes club's debt larger and they get a slightly lower price in sale. In return they have a better chance of achieving top four. But that won't matter for them if they are selling.

Basically they would be buying premier league points that they cannot remonetise.

They have to pay for player or it makes club's debt larger and they get a slightly lower price in sale. In return they have a better chance of achieving top four. But that won't matter for them if they are selling.

Basically they would be buying premier league points that they cannot remonetise.
The glazers don’t fund players. The club funds players. Us signing Felix or anyone this January goes on the club books. It would only impact the Glazers if it somehow stopped the ability of the club to make a dividend payment - there are two dividend payments to shareholders per year and it’s already been announced it isn’t happening in January anyway. So I’m at a loss as to how signing or not signing Felix would have any relevance to them whatsoever if they do indeed sell in the next few months. It costs them nothing. The club funds itself. The club pays its debt. The club borrows money. Not the glazers.

So I’m at a loss as to how signing or not signing Felix would have any relevance to them whatsoever if they do indeed sell in the next few months. It costs them nothing. The club funds itself. The club pays its debt. The club borrows money. Not the glazers.

But it increases the club's debt which in turn reduces its sale value? And a loan would be even worse as it does not even provide an asset in return.

if the current can be called 4-2-3-1, then either CF, AM or LW. RW on occasion. With a change he could play SS next to Martial or Rashford.
He is solid on the right?

And isn’t he anything but a CF?

I ask about his role because it seems like he’d be shoehorned in here over having a natural home?

But it increases the club's debt which in turn reduces its sale value? And a loan would be even worse as it does not even provide an asset in return.
I seriously doubt an 8m loan fee is going to scupper a 5bn asset acquisition or do anything to the valuation. It’s ultimately peanuts in comparison to the numbers we’re talking.

if the current can be called 4-2-3-1, then either CF, AM or LW. RW on occasion. With a change he could play SS next to Martial or Rashford.
He is a better player than Memphis and more versatile. But he is more expensive and Memphis is a better no 9. It is a difficult choice. We should be able to afford both. Maybe sell Henderson in January?

They would just factor any significant purchase of a player into the sale price. So as @Mickeza has already explained it means feck all to them in the scheme of things.

Ornstein speaking like the takeover will definitely happen in the first quarter and says the only name he’s hearing is Felix on loan if the numbers work.

You should put that in the takeover thread, might breath a bit of life into it.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt an 8m loan fee is going to scupper a 5bn asset acquisition or do anything to the valuation. It’s ultimately peanuts in comparison to the numbers we’re talking.

I agree it's a drop in the ocean but I imagine there will be a method of calculating asset value in the process. A small amount and nothing are not the same thing.
And even if it did do nothing the expenditure certainly offers no benefits to the Glazers so why would they?

it won’t scupper it but it’s still 8m less in the coffers when the deal is done. Why give away 8m to help a team progress that you’re no longer going to be involved with?

The club is worth more and Glazers are in a stronger negotiating position if we qualify for the Champions League. A loan deal, even if it’s relatively expensive, for a forward would make a lot of sense and the potential reward far outweighs any risk.

Ornstein speaking like the takeover will definitely happen in the first quarter and says the only name he’s hearing is Felix on loan if the numbers work.

Orni has spoken…..maybe there is something in this Felix link

There is no way we don't have the cash to do this, it's

You should put that in the takeover thread, might breath a bit of life into it.
The cash might be there to do the deal, but it entirely depends on Joel Glazer if he releases the funds.

With a more proactive owner this deal would already be done. But with the Glazers, this will likely be dragged deep into the January window.

The cash might be there to do the deal, but it entirely depends on Joel Glazer if he releases the funds.

With a more proactive owner this deal would already be done. But with the Glazers, this will likely be dragged deep into the January window.

I didn't actually mean to post that top bit with that post, I'd starting writing that earlier and forgot delete it.

Tbh since I heard the amount would add up to £16 million then it's more understandable why most clubs would think twice, but still ETH wants a player, and I'd rather him than Depay or Morata that's for sure.

It'll likely just be a game of cat and mouse for most of January to see if AM drop thier demands to the point where Joel says yes, which doesn't exactly help us.

Didn't Portugal play a 4-2-2-2. That could also be a possibility.

So Eriksen and Casemiro pairing, Bruno and Felix pairing and Martial Rashford pairing

One thing I’m unsure of though is that Q1 of the calendar year or financial?

So this is the only train in town this month? Guess we’re camping here then…..

Nah, I think there might be other names linked soon enough. But even though Felix is not a typical 9, as a short-term loan he does make more sense than buying someone else for tens of millions, who is also not an orthodox striker. If there are no major heavyweights willing to take him on I think their gambit will fail, as it would be an even worse career move for Felix to join a Villa or similar on loan to get himself into the shop window for summer than it was to join Atletico in the first place.

Don't understand the Chelsea interest. I think that's all paper talk. Chelsea have more urgent needs in their team than to spunk 70 odd million on another attacker. If we are interested we should have a free run at him.

Then again it is the Boehly....

Didn't Portugal play a 4-2-2-2. That could also be a possibility.

So Eriksen and Casemiro pairing, Bruno and Felix pairing and Martial Rashford pairing

I think that ETH really will want to play with the wide wingers. All teams in the Premier League are so good that they can hurt you unless you really contain them.

With the wide wingers you immediately get options to pass to wide high up field, while we also have Bruno and Martial at the center. That helps us to get high up field and create that prolonged pressures against a really deep defending team. If we instead play a 4-2-2-2, you rely on your full-backs to come up field to provide those wide passing options. That is definitely why Pep prefers the wide winger approach with inverting full backs.

One thing we also have seen more and more of the longer ETH has been here is the LD, especially Malacia last night, inverting and moving up field as a LMC, while Eriksen basically take the spot of a deep LD. This is something KDB does a lot for City. Unless you put someone on him to shadow him at all times, he will always get open and get time with the ball.

Felix will offer us plenty of versatile plus creativity out wide. Would be a quality addition to the team I think. Make it happen! Glazers give us one last gift before you do one!

Nah, I think there might be other names linked soon enough. But even though Felix is not a typical 9, as a short-term loan he does make more sense than buying someone else for tens of millions, who is also not an orthodox striker. If there are no major heavyweights willing to take him on I think their gambit will fail, as it would be an even worse career move for Felix to join a Villa or similar on loan to get himself into the shop window for summer than it was to join Atletico in the first place.
Just listened to the talk of the devils pod, Whitwell already bringing out the ‘wouldn’t be surprised if United don’t make a signing’ line. It’s going to be a long month!

If Atletico do want a loan fee then we should have an option/clause to buy at a set price. Otherwise that deal doesn’t make sense for us.

Just listened to the talk of the devils pod, Whitwell already bringing out the ‘wouldn’t be surprised if United don’t make a signing’ line. It’s going to be a long month!

We've just spent more in a window than we ever have before, and our financial situation is precarious. When you also factor in that our owners are looking for a way out, it should not come as any surprise at all if we end up signing nobody. I'd recommend concentrating on the football

We've just spent more in a window than we ever have before, and our financial situation is precarious. When you also factor in that our owners are looking for a way out, it should not come as any surprise at all if we end up signing nobody. I'd recommend concentrating on the football
Yup makes no sense for a big splurge especially given that Martial is the main man.

Anyone brought in is there to be back up and probably won’t last beyond the end of the season. So may as well ignore transfers for the foreseeable.

Felix will offer us plenty of versatile plus creativity out wide. Would be a quality addition to the team I think. Make it happen! Glazers give us one last gift before you do one!

Real flair player but wish we could pick up a Morata/Depay to play as CF too. Yes I know that's not realistic but worry about no one in the middle.

Not really smart arse. Q1 of 2023 is April, May and June in finance.

Anyway, I’ll be happy if it’s in time for summer window.

Well I’m sure if it was written for the financial heads they would have went all out and just said FY23.

Your doing too much.

Real flair player but wish we could pick up a Morata/Depay to play as CF too. Yes I know that's not realistic but worry about no one in the middle.
Unsure about Depay as CF… what’s his goal scoring record like? I know him as like an inside forward playing from the left. We need a prolific goalscorer to play up top who’ll get on the end of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.