Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll have to lower their demands. But if they are ran anything like we have. Felix ain’t going nowhere.

I’d rather we spent all of the money we don’t have on someone we need tbh

I wasn't a fan of Depay returning to the fold after his first stint; however, we need to remember that he was very young and inexperienced then. De Bruyne and Salah didn't set the EPL on fire the first time around and needed to go elsewhere, develop and then return to be considered successful.

Money or no money, £16m for six months does not make sense.

Yup, I said earlier in the thread if there's no buy option it makes no sense.

I see him at Arsenal.

If Atletico subtracted the wages from the buy fee in the summer, clubs would be interested, but they're basically giving people a very hard time wanting to take on Felix.

Wouldn't Ronaldo's wage cover that entire fee almost anyway?

I know they want to spend little money but feck me it's not often a player of Felix ability becomes available for loan.

I'd rather we didn't keep splurging on shit deals to be honest, let's recoup some dignity and not keep throwing money at players.

If he had an option to buy baked in then fine, but he won't so almost 20m for a player for 6 months, hard pass.

16mil till the end of the season. Even if we don’t buy him after it, if he helps us get CL footy next season then surely it’s worth it. He’ll definitely score goals in our side.

16M for something like 20-25 games across all comps is a bit steep though, isn't it? And even that's assuming he plays almost all games from the day he signs till the end of the season.

Like @TheReligion said, it's a shit deal. The only way an expensive loan like that can turn out to be good is if he totally hits the ground running and is very influential in reaching the CL places but that's a pretty big ask from someone who's never played in the PL and joins a new club in a new country mid-season.

Wouldn't Ronaldo's wage cover that entire fee almost anyway?

I know they want to spend little money but feck me it's not often a player of Felix ability becomes available for loan.

Or... United can add that number to a long term solution for the squad.

Picking up the wages is fine so is a small loan fee, but the total package of £16m for 6 months? you have to be kidding me.

We signed Malacia for £15m to put it in perspective, a fee less than the loan fee it's not good business sense at all.

I get paying his wages for the rest of the season, but when did loan fees become commonplace? I’m not surprised we’re telling them to get fecked

Full asking price in summer presumably £86m, so no where near 140m Euros what that Matteo Moretto clown was claiming. Just under 100M euros.

That is a decent asking price, would structure a deal of 60ish with achievable addons up to near 80 in the summer for a player that would elevate our technical floor and ceiling across multiple positions.

We should pick him up in Jan, knock that off his summer price and spend the rest of the season in his ear tapping him up, Bruno can help with that. Hopefully make him go rogue and lower that price. Special talent waiting to be unlocked by a progressive coach!

Full asking price in summer presumably £86m, so no where near 140m Euros what that Matteo Moretto clown was claiming. Just under 100M euros.

That is a decent asking price, would structure a deal of 60ish with achievable addons up to near 80 in the summer for a player that would elevate our technical floor and ceiling across multiple positions.

We should pick him up in Jan, knock that off his summer price and spend the rest of the season in his ear tapping him up, Bruno can help with that. Hopefully make him go rogue and lower that price. Special talent waiting to be unlocked by a progressive coach!

A loan with no fee, with a buy clause with all his wages being picked up is sensible IMO but I don't know if Atletico, the same club who brought Griezmann for the last 30 minutes of every game to get out of paying are going to do that.

If it comes to saving money for a proper striker this summer ala the lad from napoli, then im happy to wait.

Just need to keep rashford and martial fit.

Or... United can add that number to a long term solution for the squad.

Picking up the wages is fine so is a small loan fee, but the total package of £16m for 6 months? you have to be kidding me.

We signed Malacia for £15m to put it in perspective, a fee less than the loan fee it's not good business sense at all.

We aren't going to sign a log term solution in January though it's been reported by everyone that it's a loan or nothing

I wouldn't usually want a loan especially for the sums reported for Felix but we've just saved 500k a week from Ronaldo so why not

I get paying his wages for the rest of the season, but when did loan fees become commonplace? I’m not surprised we’re telling them to get fecked
They are usually common when the loanee wants the player more than the club wants to get rid

I think Arsenal closing in on Mudryk means we have a free run at Felix. I think atletico’s demands are ridiculous, so no point caving when he feels more of a luxury player rather than a need. I think we’re better served waiting until the summer to go all in on Osimhen.

I think Arsenal closing in on Mudryk means we have a free run at Felix. I think atletico’s demands are ridiculous, so no point caving when he feels more of a luxury player rather than a need. I think we’re better served waiting until the summer to go all in on Osimhen.

I'd be surprised if we go for him, then again I have no idea who the club will target

They are asking for the full FFP compensation, salary plus amortization. Not that this number really matter, they could ask for more or for less, of course. More the symbolic of it.

Not surprised if we play hard ball on it. But I wouldn’t be dead against bringing him in on the proposed terms. Arsenal did it with Odegard.

If Felix comes here and plays well — and AtM makes unreasonable demands. What is going to happen? Chelsea will come in and meet their requests and Felix will want to go there? If Felix comes here and plays well, he won’t want to go anywhere else. The fans will love him, he will love them. What is AtM going to do, keep him if we don’t meet their ask? To some extent we would probably have to meet them half way if he plays well. But we got the choice.

Imagine what this player could do under an attacking coach. He’s been playing under simeone ffs :lol: he looked good for Portugal in the WC. This could be our marquee signing next season since ronaldos gone. All depends on if we loan him in January though.

If the Glazers are selling in the spring i doubt they give two feks if we make top 4. Buying a player just costs them money they won't get back.

Money or no money, £16m for six months does not make sense.

If it helps us to get Top 4 and, along with backing from new owners, secure signings that will only go to a CL club (Bellingham for example) then it could be the most shrewd 16m we could spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.