Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atletico want a loan with obligation to buy. And they want 100M+. We can't "just loan him" under such a condition. Anything above 40M is way too much.
No they don't. They don't want an option nor do they want an obligation.

Ten Hag left feeling like a Jewish kid at Christmas
Well, he insisted on 100 mil worth winger. Lets not be a spoiled brats. He got 5 new players for 230-250 millions. Yes, we need a striker and i would love that we buy one but it is not like ETH was not backed.

Regarding Felix; what is he anyway? Striker? Winger? No10?
We either should buy no9 or no one

Laughable really. A club of our size cannot even raise relatively meagre amounts to address a genuine need.

Not even any suggestion of selling fringe players to raise funds. What have our transfer team actually been planning since the last window? You would think potential outgoings would be top priority if we had no money.

Apparently not.

Very strange to involve ourselves or enter into any negotiations if we don't actually have the funds to complete any manner of deal.

From the Guardian

It is understood that one option United explored regarding Gakpo was a payment for a loan plus a commitment to purchase Gakpo in the summer, but it was not as attractive to PSV as Liverpool’s willingness to buy the player outright. Ronaldo’s departure means United have saved around £10m in the wages that would have been paid to the Portuguese for the budget to recruit a forward for Ten Hag. But finance for any fresh signing remains severely limited at the club, with its owners, the Glazers, having served notice that it is for sale if a suitable offer is received.

João Félix is one name that would have interested United as the Portuguese forward appears unhappy at Atlético Madrid, but even his loan fee is likely to be too expensive in this window

Laughable really. A club of our size cannot even raise relatively meagre amounts to address a genuine need.

Not even any suggestion of selling fringe players to raise funds. What have our transfer team actually been planning since the last window? You would think potential outgoings would be top priority if we had no money.

Apparently not.

Very strange to involve ourselves or enter into any negotiations if we don't actually have the funds to complete any manner of deal.

Ronaldo was like £20m until the end of the season so its not true.

Why are Atletico willing to loan him? He’s not a big part of their XI now?
He's too valuable a player to be kept and used as a 40m player essentially. He doesn't play anywhere close to what he can there, Simeone and him have their disagreements, Atletico has financial issues too I think.

Jamie Jackson doesn't know what he's talking about... Also that statement is pretty much pure guess work - United looking for loans but his loan might be too expensive? If he's part of our summer plans anyway then I don't see how focusing on summer matters.

Well, he insisted on 100 mil worth winger. Lets not be a spoiled brats. He got 5 new players for 230-250 millions. Yes, we need a striker and i would love that we buy one but it is not like ETH was not backed.

Regarding Felix; what is he anyway? Striker? Winger? No10?
We either should buy no9 or no one

What part of “none of them worth a shit are available” do you not get?

I understand your concern, I just think Felix is overall a far better player than Havertz....
Is he though?

World Cup:

Havertz. 2 games 2 goals

Felix 4 games. 1 goal 2 assists

Qualifying:

Havertz. 8 games 3 goals 2 assists

Felix 7 games. 0 goals 0 assists.

I would assume we are making this comparison of international performances, because at club level they look like twins. 8 g 4 an and 8g 3a last year respectively. Except … when Havertz played in the Bundesliga, which is a closer approximation to La Liga, he had 17 goals and 12 goals … not Felix’s production.

This isn’t meant as PL teams are vastly superior. There are two things that are different though: the strength of the middle and bottom of the leagues in terms of evaluating stats, and the amount of physical contact allowed to defenders when they “body” attackers off the ball.

We had a closed door friendly with Brentford where both sides apparently agreed to take some of the “physical” edge out of the game, and Kai had a hat trick.

Havertz has an issue with the physicality, and I just think Felix would have the same issues

Is he though?

World Cup:

Havertz. 2 games 2 goals

Felix 4 games. 1 goal 2 assists

Qualifying:

Havertz. 8 games 3 goals 2 assists

Felix 7 games. 0 goals 0 assists.

I would assume we are making this comparison of international performances, because at club level they look like twins. 8 g 4 an and 8g 3a last year respectively. Except … when Havertz played in the Bundesliga, which is a closer approximation to La Liga, he had 17 goals and 12 goals … not Felix’s production.

This isn’t meant as PL teams are vastly superior. There are two things that are different though: the strength of the middle and bottom of the leagues in terms of evaluating stats, and the amount of physical contact allowed to defenders when they “body” attackers off the ball.

We had a closed door friendly with Brentford where both sides apparently agreed to take some of the “physical” edge out of the game, and Kai had a hat trick.

Havertz has an issue with the physicality, and I just think Felix would have the same issues
Felix is a far better dribbler and has better shooting and finishing than Havertz. I'm not really bothered about stats, especially when Felix plays for a team that is not exactly the most attacking.

Overall ability wise Felix is pretty much ahead in all aspects, except for heading the ball. Of course this is just my opinion, based on the raw skillsets of both players.

Did you see the last financial report? Apart from being low on cash we have large short term transfer debt.
Of course, but we now have 1m a week freed up that we were previously paying. To say we can't afford to sign Joao Felix on a loan deal this winter is bonkers.

Struggle to understand how we have no money when, if not for Ronaldo retiring early, we’d have been paying his wages right now.

Struggle to understand how we have no money when, if not for Ronaldo retiring early, we’d have been paying his wages right now.

It is bullshit. It’s possible to structure deals at this point. But negativity sells.

Would absolutely take Havertz on a season and a half loan in our situation. And I think Felix is more suited to play that kind of role.

Right so what washed up over 30s striker could we sign? Preferrably on a free ?!? Fecking hell.

It's a disgrace, but honestly there's no way we're spending in January. The Glazers are on their way out - I don't think they have any interest in investing to retain value of the club or any of that bullshit. They'll keep things as tight as they can until they're out.

It is bullshit. It’s possible to structure deals at this point. But negativity sells.
It does, but it’s not out of the realms of plausibility that a side who spent heavily in the summer — and haven’t spent much in January for 3 seasons running — will be doing the same thing this season.

When we signed Antony the media said we spent circa £100m of next summers budget, and Murtough said something to the effect of our spending being a one off. So that, in addition to our outgoing owners, make me think that we're not going to be doing anything this January.

When we signed Antony the media said we spent circa £100m of next summers budget, and Murtough said something to the effect of our spending being a one off. So that, in addition to our outgoing owners, make me think that we're not going to be doing anything this January.

Well no loan means advantage top 4 rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.