Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

The future of @joaofelix70 points to the Premier League

ManUtd asked about his situation more than a week ago

However, everything is still simmering

Nothing says "no money left" more than going for a loan in January. Nothing emphasises it more when the tweet after says that we probably wont go for the terms of the loan.

If we can’t get any of our primary targets in January it makes sense to loan with or without option to buy.

Loan move served us well years ago with Larsson so i think spending 8m for the second half of the season is a no brainer compared to buying someone permanent that isn't a true top target

The only way theyre shifting him is by allowing an option to buy, an obligation to buy - then i cant see anyone taking it

Atletico want a loan with obligation to buy. And they want 100M+. We can't "just loan him" under such a condition. Anything above 40M is way too much.

Atletico want a loan with obligation to buy. And they want 100M+. We can't "just loan him" under such a condition. Anything above 40M is way too much.
The pressure is on their end. There’s absolutely no point in getting bent over for a 4 and a half month loan. They’re the ones with the player falling out with the manager so if the terms are favourable at all then we should pass

You are absolutely correct, but when it is constant, you do start to wonder if we actually enjoy sitting in self pity and don’t enjoy the wins that we get. (Talking more than just winning football matches here)
I go to local football at weekends, Linfield and in one end of the stadium the fans love to complain and run down the team constantly, even bully some of their own players. These supporters are season ticket holders and have been for many years, they sit in the same seats week in week out, even if winning 7-0 they will find a reason to moan.
At half time we move down to the other end of the stadium, again with the home fans, and the difference in the support is vastly different, offering out support and encouragement to the same players.
Seems to be winning or losing doesnt matter too much, complaining outweighs it all.

This lad could be just another Frenkie saga. Let's just admit we're closer than ever to 37 years old striker on a steep decline. At this moment feels more possible than negotiating anything with Atleti.

Hes worth way more than 40m, I think 70-80m he's just turned 23. He has all the attributes of a top player. Not really world class yet.

But he has some big league experience, won La Liga too, he would be a star in the right set up.

This lad could be just another Frenkie saga. Let's just admit we're closer than ever to 37 years old striker on a steep decline. At this moment feels more possible than negotiating anything with Atleti.
Man Utd make shock Ronaldo U-Turn!

I feel like this window will be filled with excuses and end up with no one, then play the narrative that we plan on focusing on playing Garnacho on the wing, and Rashford and Martial will rotate the ST role..

I feel like this window will be filled with excuses and end up with no one, then play the narrative that we plan on focusing on playing Garnacho on the wing, and Rashford and Martial will rotate the ST role..

Play McTominay as a striker

There’s no need. Everyone knows we are broke and for sale.

Hes worth way more than 40m, I think 70-80m he's just turned 23. He has all the attributes of a top player. Not really world class yet.

But he has some big league experience, won La Liga too, he would be a star in the right set up.

He really doesn't. Very slightly above average perhaps, but nothing special. Been at Atletico for 3 years now and hasn't really pulled up any trees. Wasn't impressive this WC either.

Very weak physically and without the necessary level of technique to compensate for it. He will get wrecked in the PL. Not a goalscorer either, which is what we need. He has some good creativity, but we already have that. Neither a 9 nor a 10. He is a lot closer to Bruno Fernandes than anything else, but worse. And we already have Bruno Fernandes.

Here's hoping Arsenal drop 100M on him in the summer. :lol:

There’s no need. Everyone knows we are broke and for sale.
Unfortunately that’s the truth, I just thought now that Ronaldo is off the wage bill, and with the sale, it might be more lucrative for the buyers to have a more complete squad.

Certainly starting to look that way. I am not confident we will sign anyone this window.

I don't think anyone would deny we are short up front. We surely have to address that. Goals haven't been easy to come by as it is, but any injuries to our strikers and we are really gonna struggle.

Since when has a low cash balance stopped us signing players.

The press really do talk nonsense. The money we were paying Ronaldo hasn't suddenly disappeared :lol:

Of course we are now skint as the club dropped 80M on Antony for Ten Hag, so I wouldn’t blame the club for that. We massively overpaid for this deal and it probably ate into this January and the summer budget as well

Since when has a low cash balance stopped us signing players.

The press really do talk nonsense. The money we were paying Ronaldo hasn't suddenly disappeared :lol:
Did you see the last financial report? Apart from being low on cash we have large short term transfer debt.

They haven't go a clue.

One minute they say no money, one minute Felix is our new number 1 target.

We weren't in for Gakpo the while time but apparently we were an official 'bid' away from signing him...

Casemiro came from nowhere, I think sometimes the press doesn't get a whiff

Nah thanks, Martinez from Inter just seems to be the better option for the way forward. Never seen the hype about Felix, Atletico over spent on him
Because Martinez has looked great recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.