Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see this one going to arsenal or maybe Chelsea. Arsenal looking for a replacement for Jesus. Id take a loan until end of season and if he does well then snap him up.

Id actually be excited about this one, he could be good under ETH.
Decent loan fee, and reasonable purchase price if he performs well, not the quoted $120m, more around $65m is about the right price for him.

Id actually be excited about this one, he could be good under ETH.
Decent loan fee, and reasonable purchase price if he performs well, not the quoted $120m, more around $65m is about the right price for him.

Agreed, I’ve liked him for years and I’d love to see him kick on at United.

Atleti are open to loaning him with an obligation to buy. He is not what we need. We need a traditional striker that scores goals. Felix is not that player.
Well we won't get one of those in Jan.

My point was we can do worse than getting in Felix till the end of the season to add more bodies in attack until the summer transfer window. Even in the transfer window there's a real drought of quality 'traditional strikers', Vlahovic and Osimhen are the only 2 I can think of that are of the quality required.

A lot of potential upside and in the right environment it would be an exciting signing but we've tried the whole 'agents shopping big name players around' transfer policy with poor results for far too long.

Ten Hag has seemingly changed to a more system focused to build a cohesive team and it's starting to yield results.

In short, my heart says absolutely but it's one probably best to avoid.

I'd love him here. He could be a false 9, with him and Rashford exchanging positions both comfortable on the left. If he'd come on a loan, I'd be really happy with that.

I just don't think he'll end up here, so not expecting much from Glazers.

I can’t really see why we would want him. I don’t really think he brings much of what we need to the side.

I can’t really see why we would want him. I don’t really think he brings much of what we need to the side.

I think the aim is to make United dominate possession and win the ball back fast.

Antony, Felix, Eriksen can all keep the ball for fun, Bruno needs to show more patience, but even the likes of Sancho is good at that.

I'm guessing ETH wants a dominate possession, cut teams open but win the ball back within 10-15 seconds if we lose it.

If you watch games of Felix he's one of the best ball carriers in the game, good vision, and his technique is top class.

I personally think he will as good as a Bernado Silva but in a more advanced role, probably as a False 9.

Maybe ETH isn't going for a traditional #9 but getting the wingers and full backs involved more and having everyone across the front line be able to score 15 a season.

I wouldn't be against Felix for around £80m honestly, but I do think we need an Enzo and a CB. I'd genuinely take DDG on lower wages for a season or two, and then the CB and RB debate can be had another time.

I think if Felix can find some flex on his wages for the loan period, it may be more reasonable for us to pay the loan fee to Atletico

It's worth noting too, United made a major bid for Felix in the summer, and you don't chuck around that amount of money unless you are absolutely certain.

I'm assuming the United boardroom, scouts and ETH were all greenlighting it.

It's worth noting too, United made a major bid for Felix in the summer, and you don't chuck around that amount of money unless you are absolutely certain.

This is Manchester United you are talking about. Anything that makes sense is probably by accident.

I hope we get him. He can fit in with Rashford/martial/Sancho/Garnacho/Antony quite well and he has truly elite potential IMO, which is a big thing that we need. We have a lot of good to very good attackers, but nobody who is unplayable on their day. Joao Felix can be unplayable on his day, and while he's been inconsistent, this is our only chance to get a potential elite player.

I know right.. So many self-loathing United 'fans' here. It's very confusing as to why they are 'supporting' the club to start with.
Oh do pack it in with that crap. It's possible to criticise the actions of owners and board (and indeed managers and players) while still passionately supporting the club. This is not a difficult concept.

I know right.. So many self-loathing United 'fans' here. It's very confusing as to why they are 'supporting' the club to start with.
Most grew up with us winning absolutely everything all the time. Now we’re not everything we do is shit and terrible and awful and we’re the worst club in the world.

Yeah but I think the bigger problem is United will not want to put money on the table for him. Whether we miss out on CL or not, its not a Glazer problem anymore.

I can see them saying "stuff it, take Memphis for a 2m eur loan instead and make do".

Oh do pack it in with that crap. It's possible to criticise the actions of owners and board (and indeed managers and players) while still passionately supporting the club. This is not a difficult concept.
You are absolutely correct, but when it is constant, you do start to wonder if we actually enjoy sitting in self pity and don’t enjoy the wins that we get. (Talking more than just winning football matches here)

Can we for once… not sign player who half-fits the gaping hole in our squad? We need a proper striker. A hard runner and a goal scorer. Not another superstar (arguably luxury) signing - we need a system signing.

I’ve never known a fanbase to shit on their own club as much as ours.

I hardly criticise our transfer activity tbf. But when that’s all you absorb I’ll accept your criticism.

My point is I’ve never been stupid. So when I see us continue our scatter gun approach and pretend we have it all figured out. Like John and Richie did in the summer. I’m not going to back them blindly.

If Joao is our priority I except this to be done before next week. But it’s United so we know it won’t be. That should be called out. We’ve had a need for this position since the summer and CR7 left before the World Cup started. Therefore there is no excuse to not have this already sorted out for the manager.

We can’t just let them off the hook because you’re fed up of the negativity. It’s the same arrogance that has these guys believing they are doing a good job.

Yeah but I think the bigger problem is United will not want to put money on the table for him. Whether we miss out on CL or not, its not a Glazer problem anymore.

I can see them saying "stuff it, take Memphis for a 2m eur loan instead and make do".
It's £8M and getting into the UCL subsequently makes Man Utd more expensive for any potential buyer. It makes more business sense to make the deal for such a small amount as £8M for the Glazers.

It's £8M and getting into the UCL subsequently makes Man Utd more expensive for any potential buyer. It makes more business sense to make the deal for such a small amount as £8M for the Glazers.
You'd think that, but we look set to have new owners by Q1, so the top 4 sitaution will be unknown when the ownership transfer takes place.

I hardly criticise our transfer activity tbf. But when that’s all you absorb I’ll accept your criticism.

My point is I’ve never been stupid. So when I see us continue our scatter gun approach and pretend we have it all figured out. Like John and Richie did in the summer. I’m not going to back them blindly.

If Joao is our priority I except this to be done before next week. But it’s United so we know it won’t be. That should be called out. We’ve had a need for this position since the summer and CR7 left before the World Cup started. Therefore there is no excuse to not have this already sorted out for the manager.

We can’t just let them off the hook because you’re fed up of the negativity. It’s the same arrogance that has these guys believing they are doing a good job.
I get it, I do.

But to claim that everything good or something that makes sense for us to do as an 'accident' is ridiculous. For all the shite that Glazers get (and rightly so, I personally think that we'd be better in the transfer market with Murtough/Arnold under different owners) Man Utd is a multi-billion pound business, I think the Glazers know how to run a business and football clubs are businesses these days.

Not what we needed imo. Need a more traditional striker in the mould of a ivan toney for example. But I’ll take him if it means preventing him from going to Arsenal. The prospect of him linking up with odegaard, saka and martinelli is scary.

The flipside to that I suppose is, if he performs really well Atletico will extort us in the summer. :lol:

Atletico are clever, they want a loan without an obligation to buy as they are hoping/expecting Felix to perform very well for the club he goes to thus being able to inflate his price and maybe cause a bidding war. They know how good he is and his current perceived value isn't as much as his true value.

Our main priority is to make it into the top 4. With our squad quality at the moment, we are not going to get it.
Atletico is looking for a loan with no obligation. Who cares if his value goes up after? If he can help us secure the top 4, it’s all that matters. After that, it’s up to us to see what are the options available, and they will be plenty in summer. But with the extra funds generated from qualifying into CL and the appeal of CL football, it already gives us an extra boost in the summer transfer.

He doesn’t really match with what Ten Hag has said about only signing the right profile. Not sure we will sign anyone in January sadly.

Hopefully new owners and a push for some like Kane in the Summer.

Whoever buys United will be a gulf state of a tech giant, so I think we can have major funding next year IMO. We're only a few players away from a big challenge now, I think we can get Felix and another world class player, but I think other positions might have to wait.

Clearly you have blinkers on or you have not noticed it.

Have we all seen this? New player registered as number 11 in the squad today called Betinho and is Portuguese.

3ZpekUJ.png

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/12/Manchester-United/squad

Coincidentally that happens to be Joao Felix's middle name...

Status
Not open for further replies.