Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we can complete a loan deal but I doubt the clubs can agree on a sale fee in the summer if he shows potential or does well.

Will be interesting to see him away from Atletico though whether it's us or Arsenal. He was scoring well in his first season in Portugal but dropped off since. United need a 20 goal man.

Think we can complete a loan deal but I doubt the clubs can agree on a sale fee in the summer if he shows potential or does well.

Will be interesting to see him away from Atletico though whether it's us or Arsenal. He was scoring well in his first season in Portugal but dropped off since. United need a 20 goal man.
I think if he performs, becomes a fan favourite then the new owners will find it difficult not to.

Does he even play CF though?
I guess a positive with Felix is he can actually play in any of the 4 positions across the front line (Even as a 10). Is he your typical cf ? No. ETH could make use of him in the same role that he got the best out of Tadic. Whether that would work in the Prem is another question.

Let's hope we can get him in.
There aren't a lot of players with Joao Felix ability that are available on loan.

as long as there's no agreement to buy, i see nothing wrong with a loan.
The flipside to that I suppose is, if he performs really well Atletico will extort us in the summer. :lol:

Atletico are clever, they want a loan without an obligation to buy as they are hoping/expecting Felix to perform very well for the club he goes to thus being able to inflate his price and maybe cause a bidding war. They know how good he is and his current perceived value isn't as much as his true value.

Need to get him on loan as a hail Mary he can hit the ground running because if we do nothing we are probably gifting Liverpool Top 4 over us

Another who is not what we need.
Nail on the head. We need a no9 and we are looking to buy a player more suited to behind and the wing.

What is with our club playing players out of position or overloading in certain areas while neglecting positions we actually need. Rashford is poor as a no9 as a striker needs to be good with his back to goal and lethal in the box yet bar Martial who is unreliable due to injuries we don’t have a striker

Love how written off he is on here. Whether it's here or elsewhere in the PL, those same posters will probably quickly realise how talented a player he is. And if he truly realises his potential then he'll be a huge signing for whoever gets him.

Caf opinions on him have been like a yo-yo for years. I remember when he played at the Euros or WC (can't remember which) around the time he signed for Atletico, and he was almost ridiculed. Even though he was just a kid and wasn't even that bad. Then there's peaks and troughs in opinions ever since.

Hes younger than Gakpo. Interesting stuff to see lots writing him off because he didn't fit a shit football system at Atletico.

There aren't a lot of players with Joao Felix ability that are available on loan.

He has ability but he is very much like Havertz. No defined role or position and gets shoehorned into CF to play him. Given the right system he could be good but that is the hard part. There’s currently strong rumors Chelsea are going to attempt to get him on Lon but I’d rather not have 2 Havertz in a squad. So by all means sign him so we don’t and don’t take all window to put 1 bid in either ;)

Usual caf obsession with signing players who have never played in our position of need - then ultimately moaning about the club and said player when they fail.

Team can't score goals/don't create enough chances, well let's spunk on another attacking midfielder and play him as a lone striker. Totally ignoring the problem we actually have which is lacking an actual striker with attacking instinct.

We need a proven goalscorer to play up top. This guy has scored more than 10 goals a season once in his career.

He has ability but he is very much like Havertz. No defined role or position and gets shoehorned into CF to play him. Given the right system he could be good but that is the hard part. There’s currently strong rumors Chelsea are going to attempt to get him on Lon but I’d rather not have 2 Havertz in a squad. So by all means sign him so we don’t and don’t take all window to put 1 bid in either ;)
By all accounts we don’t have the money, so we are reliant on rashford and Bruno to fire us to 5th or 6th place.

Not worth more than €40M and a third of his wages. And even at those prices, I'd still steer clear. He won't make it in the PL.

Possibly the most overrated player of this generation. How Benfica managed to get €120M must be one of the modern wonders of the world.

Not worth more than €40M and a third of his wages. And even at those prices, I'd still steer clear. He won't make it in the PL.

Possibly the most overrated player of this generation. How Benfica managed to get €120M must be one of the modern wonders of the world.
They got 100m for Nunez as well who only had 1 great season :lol:

Explain how would you play Bruno and Felix in a same team without playing them out of position ?
Not even Santos thinks Felix is a striker.

What made me more desperate for a new forward is the now obvious Sancho issues, still not convinced with Antony being very good, Martial always readying himself for his next injury and Elanga being pretty shite. Our ridiculous goal difference just shows how much we needed reinforcements, even before Ronaldo fecked off!

If we don’t sign someone in January we are just writing off the season once again like last year. Hopefully we go for Felix now, yes he is also not a number 9 but as a loan he would be really beneficial OR we can go with what we have and certainly miss out on top four once again.
This is just speculation mate. A good team isn't solely built around good players. "Certainly" isn't the same as "possibly".

Explain how would you play Bruno and Felix in a same team without playing them out of position ?

I can only see Felix as a false 9, not an out and out striker.

See how United attack these days anyway, we have 4 attackers right against their back line, with the wingers / full backs pinning their full backs to the touch line.

ETH wants fluidity and changing positions I think.

It’s amazing how our fans can have absolutely no appreciation for Rashford and then love a guy like this up.

Felix isn't an out and out striker, but he could play as a false 9, dropping deep and linking things up with runners in behind him. It's essentially what Martial does anyway.

I think Felix would fit Arsenal's team better now that Jesus is out.

Utd need a proper striker, which he is not.

Atleti are open to loaning him with an obligation to buy. He is not what we need. We need a traditional striker that scores goals. Felix is not that player.

Atleti are open to loaning him with an obligation to buy. He is not what we need. We need a traditional striker that scores goals. Felix is not that player.
I think we need two strikers/forwards. I'd be open to a player like Felix if we could acquire a more traditional striker in the summer in addition.

Not surprised to see some throw their toys. How many times must it be said, ETH is comfortable playing with an unconventional striker. Felix is even more comfortable playing in multiple positions than Gakpo.
People go on like we can just go out and make a 50/60m bid for a player. The club is for sale, if you think this club is going to spend big money on a player "that scores goals" in the January market , given our situation and after borrowing to invest heavily the previous summer, you need a lie down.

I just hope if we are after him that we do it now, rather than faff about waiting till the end of the window.

Whoever we get just make it quick. Like an announcement we’re in talks and a few hours later, fee agreed. Fat chance of that with the Glazers and their cronies in charge I know but one can hope

Status
Not open for further replies.