Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious it's just Mendes using United to attract other teams. No chance United are seriosuly interested in him.

It's obvious it's just Mendes using United to attract other teams. No chance United are seriosuly interested in him.
In reality not many clubs are interested in his service for the quoted price. Only Man Utd and Chelsea can afford his salary.

My point was that highly rated players have their pick of clubs to join and so when they sign somewhere it's generally because they want to be there.

“Want” to be there can be a stretch, often it’s simply their best option. Owen absolutely didn’t “want” to join Newcastle from Madrid, ADM certainly didn’t really “want” to join United.
These are high profile example of players who made it pretty clear they ended up at clubs almost against their will, but it happens all the time, just that most players crack on and don’t moan about it. It’s not to burst your bubble here but Partey nor Odegaard don’t end up at Arsenal if for example Chelsea or Liverpool were seriously in for them at the time.
Arsenal was the best option then, it may well be Felix best option now and it’d certainly be a move to a more promising club than the one Partey and Odegaard joined.
My gripe is the idea that 14 good games makes Arsenal suddenly more attractive than say United or Chelsea, I think that’s absolute nonsense. If however Arsenal show this is a project to believe in (Newcastle’s is obvious, they are rich as feck), they are a great club and an awoken sleeping giant is extremely attractive, even moreso than Chelsea.

Am i missing something here?

Awful deal. We are paying a huge amount for 5 months of a player whom we have no option to buy on following the deal.
Could be the difference between getting into the CL and not. I think it's worth weighing up. Seems the club think so too.

Could be the difference between getting into the CL and not. I think it's worth weighing up. Seems the club think so too.

Perhaps but it’s hardly an excellent deal and worth raving about. Quite the opposite.

Its actually very expensive and weighs heavily in favour of the parent club.

“Want” to be there can be a stretch, often it’s simply their best option. Owen absolutely didn’t “want” to join Newcastle from Madrid, ADM certainly didn’t really “want” to join United.
These are high profile example of players who made it pretty clear they ended up at clubs almost against their will, but it happens all the time, just that most players crack on and don’t moan about it.

I understand the concept of not every player being at their absolute first choice of club. By that definition almost no players are. But a crocked Michael Owen and Angel di Maria four years into his Real Madrid career are not what I meant by highly rated. At least not in comparison to 23 year old Golden Boy winner who is the fourth most expensive signing of all time.

It's not to burst your bubble here but Partey nor Odegaard don’t end up at Arsenal if for example Chelsea or Liverpool were seriously in for them at the time.

Too late, you've burst my bubble now. There is no going back. :)

My gripe is the idea that 14 good games makes Arsenal suddenly more attractive than say United or Chelsea, I think that’s absolute nonsense. If however Arsenal show this is a project to believe in (Newcastle’s is obvious, they are rich as feck), they are a great club and an awoken sleeping giant is extremely attractive, even moreso than Chelsea.

Yep, I actually agree with this. But I'm not optimistic about Arsenal's future purely on the basis of 14 games. It's actually the opposite. I think our good start (and I agree it is just a start) is a reflection of what we've been building towards for the last three years. And if you were making a decision about where to commit your future you're likely to consider that quite a bit. But I might be wrong. I'm not a highly rate footballer, after all.

Athletic is begging for a bailout, and everyone knows it. Literally every fanbase is being told THEY are the ones being offered this loan deal… which means Atleti is mangling this and a little desperate.

I don’t know that there are enough teams that really, really want Felix for a team to bite at this deal when they know Atleti are desperate.

Loan fee, generously, shouldn’t be more than 4. People buy Felix for his future potential. His current production in no way merits 8 million for 5 months work.

They just can’t afford the payments on the original purchase, which is not any of our teams problem. Maaaaybe 6 if it buys you right of first refusal and a cap on his valuation?

Athletic is begging for a bailout, and everyone knows it. Literally every fanbase is being told THEY are the ones being offered this loan deal… which means Atleti is mangling this and a little desperate.

I don’t know that there are enough teams that really, really want Felix for a team to bite at this deal when they know Atleti are desperate.

Loan fee, generously, shouldn’t be more than 4. People buy Felix for his future potential. His current production in no way merits 8 million for 5 months work.

They just can’t afford the payments on the original purchase, which is not any of our teams problem. Maaaaybe 6 if it buys you right of first refusal and a cap on his valuation?

All the rumors feel like Mendes and Atleti desperately trying to generate the mirage of a big competitive market for Felix when in reality there are maybe 1-2 clubs somewhat interested, none of which are willing to offer anything close to what Atleti supposedly want.

Seems this was always on and it makes more sense as well.
Jorge Mendes is doing the bulk of the work at the moment. There's yet to be any contact between United and Atletico Madrid let alone any talks of a formal offer. It looks to me like Mendes is trying really hard to create a market for Félix, hence the talks with Untied and Arsenal, and neither club have told Mendes "no" at this time.

Jorge Mendes is doing the bulk of the work at the moment. There's yet to be any contact between United and Atletico Madrid let alone any talks of a formal offer. It looks to me like Mendes is trying really hard to create a market for Félix, hence the talks with Untied and Arsenal, and neither club have told Mendes "no" at this time.
But if it’s a loan deal and Atletico are clear about that then there isn’t much help in them getting involved, really. It’s wherever Felix wants to go

But if it’s a loan deal and Atletico are clear about that then there isn’t much help in them getting involved, really. It’s wherever Felix wants to go
The help comes from Mendes convincing United, Arsenal, and co. to make a move for him. Both of them have kept that option open, whilst Bayern Munich, for example, refused the offer when Mendes got in touch with them. Atletico Madrid need a market as Félix is not happy about his current situation there and Simeone's not that keen on playing him when he doesn't necessarily fit in.

Wishful thinking to assume Liverpool signing Gakpo is a indicator for Felix. He will cost a significant amount and that negotiation needs to be transacted in summer despite the loan deal it's a bad agreement in principle. If the player does well his price sky rockets like a variable rate mortgage the lender holds all the cards.

Need to get this guy, no more fecking spreadsheets and cashflows from Murtough and the Muppets.

If we don't get him in, it is looking fairly desperate for United this window.

Felix is an even worse fit than Gakpo would have been for us and based on what Atleti are asking for, this is a non-starter.

I like giving my chelsea mate stick when they play Havertz up top. I fear he will be our Havertz

He’s another good player but without departures he’s not what we need.

Just waiting for Felix to sign for Arsenal or Chelsea on loan and Martial injuring himself in the warm up tomorrow.

I'm not convinced Atletico will cave on their demands, but would very much like it if he came. Him and Bruno work well together for Portugal.

I'm not convinced Atletico will cave on their demands, but would very much like it if he came. Him and Bruno work well together for Portugal.
If it’s true that he’s fallen out with Simeone and Simeone doesn’t want him, then I think he’d be very gettable. Simeone has complete authority there

If it’s true that he’s fallen out with Simeone and Simeone doesn’t want him, then I think he’d be very gettable. Simeone has complete authority there
I dont think Simeone cares if he leaves, I imagine it's more to do with the big loss the execs will refuse to put in the accounts by selling him at his market value. We will see though!

Felix is much more a ETH type of player than Gakpo.

However, I can't see this happening. Loan for 6 months with a high fee, not happening...

What made me more desperate for a new forward is the now obvious Sancho issues, still not convinced with Antony being very good, Martial always readying himself for his next injury and Elanga being pretty shite. Our ridiculous goal difference just shows how much we needed reinforcements, even before Ronaldo fecked off!

If we don’t sign someone in January we are just writing off the season once again like last year. Hopefully we go for Felix now, yes he is also not a number 9 but as a loan he would be really beneficial OR we can go with what we have and certainly miss out on top four once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.