Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could definitely see him at Arsenal. He has underperformed at Atletico mainly because they are a stop the other team from playing type of team. At Arsenal with our brand of football he could unleash his full potential.

I actually think Arteta will pull this off and bring him to Arsenal. Immediate term we have a space for him with Jesus out, were top of the table playing the brand of football suited to his own style. Even the bookies have us favorites to sign him
But Felix is a very different player than Jesus. Both are quality but Felix is not a striker.

What are some of you people smoking? Based on your logic, the guy would rather go to fecking Newcastle than United.

If United and Arsenal both put in serious bids, I'm pretty certain he would choose United. Arsenal ain't won the title yet and they'll never be more attractive than United. They'd probably have a shout against Chelsea or Spurs, but United? No chance!
Love is blind.

But Felix is a very different player than Jesus. Both are quality but Felix is not a striker.
The transfers that arsenal are seriously linked with are mykhaylo mudryk and Tielemans. Zaha and Thuram are available for free in the summer too.

Felix's salary is too $$$ for arsenal to cover even on loan.

Last edited:
What are some of you people smoking? Based on your logic, the guy would rather go to fecking Newcastle than United.

If United and Arsenal both put in serious bids, I'm pretty certain he would choose United. Arsenal ain't won the title yet and they'll never be more attractive than United. They'd probably have a shout against Chelsea or Spurs, but United? No chance!
It’s a loan, not a permanent move. You’re coming across a bit delusional mate. I love the club and been going to games since 84, but for a loan until the end of the season I would say the arsenal option would be the most attractive to him.

I wanted Felix before he went to Atleti, so if ETH wants him, and he is available I am all for this.
Lots of clubs did but Atletico coughed up the big bucks and he has proven to be way overpriced and now they are trying to recoup as much money as they can.
Good technical player but doesn't look brilliant in any aspect of the game.

The transfers that arsenal are seriously linked with are mykhaylo mudryk and Tielemans. Zaha and Thuram are available for free in the summer too.

Felix's salary is too $$$ for arsenal to cover even on loan.

You forget we spent 350k on PEA and 300k a week to keep Ozil.

As for Felix, just because Atletico went hyper and gave him 290k a week. Doesn't mean thats his defined salary. You think Sancho next contract will be at 350k a week?

We wont be matching Felix wages, truth is Atletico went to far in their wage with him and transfer fee. But, if the kid wants to play football and actually utilize his ability in a team that is suited for him, then we can pay him a fair wage and integrate him into the team.

Which is?

Im confident we can get this deal done, and one of the main drivers would be Felix belief our brand of football is more suited to him than the football at Man United.

Playing a very high line pinning the other team and the front 5 getting many touches in the opposition final third/box.

Very keen on the loan with option to buy idea. We add quality to the squad in the short-term, try him out both out wide and up front, and if it doesn't quite work out, we can let someone else snap him up and focus on signing a striker.

Playing a very high line pinning the other team and the front 5 getting many touches in the opposition final third/box.

Yeah, shame ten Hag never played like that with his teams. Or used a roaming attacking midfielder/forward in the mold of Tadic to lead his line as a false 9 at Ajax.

Wouldn't mind paying the 8m but we need an option to buy. If he flops then we saved ourselves a 100m signing.

You forget we spent 350k on PEA and 300k a week to keep Ozil.
PEA and Ozil are proven world class players at the time. Felix is no where near at the moment. The rumoured loan detail is to cover 100% his salary and it will never happen in arsenal. Zero chance.

One advantage we might have over Arsenal is that their top 4 is pretty set with Martinelli, Jesus, Shaka and Odegard.

Lots of clubs did but Atletico coughed up the big bucks and he has proven to be way overpriced and now they are trying to recoup as much money as they can.
Good technical player but doesn't look brilliant in any aspect of the game.
He was never worth what AM paid for him, more fool them. Hopefully we can get a good deal now, and Erik can help him reach his potential.

feck me, our fans are a funny bunch, the second any side is doing better than us, even for the first time in a millennia, they are “more attractive”.
Fortunately, players don’t just look at the current league table when choosing their next club.

Did you miss the next 5 months part?

It seems Atlético's negotiating technique relies pretty heavily on shouting 'ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY MILLION' over and over again.

Im confident we can get this deal done, and one of the main drivers would be Felix belief our brand of football is more suited to him than the football at Man United.

We play a high line? Our most improved players under Ten Hag has been attacking players and our FBs who constantly get to the byline.
Is there a narrative that we aren’t attacking? because it’s hard to get goals in the board when Ronaldo held us back but our general play as been pretty attacking.

Quite similar to how teams seems to slap a 100m price tag on every decent player in the market these days.
Insanity, isn't it?! Tbh I've not seen much of the player at all but from the little I've seen he looks good but not a 100 million pound player.

We play a high line? Our most improved players under Ten Hag has been attacking players and our FBs who constantly get to the byline.
Is there a narrative that we aren’t attacking? because it’s hard to get goals in the board when Ronaldo held us back but our general play as been pretty attacking.
I believe ETH wants to play a high line, but we don't really do it yet. There's obviously been an improvement but I believe we're still in the bottom half in the league in terms of how high a line we hold.

If Atletico have any chance of recovering their outlay on him, then they need him to go on loan and play absolutely out of his skin. Even then I don't think anyone is going to go over 80m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.