Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love him, but hard to argue with the 'luxury player' point with our attacking options.

Seems like Gapko makes more sense? Can play more central? I'm no PSV expert though

I'd take him for 6 months even for 10M while Jesus is out. Better to lose 10M than think "what if" while our only option is Nketiah.
Even if you sign Gakpo, declining the option of Felix for 10M after having spent 100M on Anthony and 70+ on Sancho is pretty comical.
It might make sense for Arsenal in a situation where Jesus is out for most of the rest of the season and there isn't another forward option not named Nketiah.

Even the Antony fee at £86m works out proportionately cheaper if he stays at the club for longer than 5 years, which you would imagine he will.

Don't want Felix because he's a luxury player
Don't want Gakpo because he's not proven enough

What does the CAF actually want? Tune in next time for more transfer window indecisiveness.
It's a loan so the risk is low, but he does seem like a player you add to an already well-defined team. Gakpo would be a good buy IMO

It's a loan so the risk is low, but he does seem like a player you add to an already well-defined team. Gakpo would be a good buy IMO
He doesn't exactly set the world alight, so I would argue differently. He needs to be a part of a team to help him grow as a player, help his confidence flourish. He is instantly better than most if not all of our strikers/attacking options, so he'd become the main man.

From the sounds of things, Gakpo would be the player to work across all the front 3 while Felix could be the main man as CF. Just me spitballing however.

It could work

If this is legit, no way is he gonna choose Arsenal over United.
To be honest I see it the other way around. Arsenal are 5 points clear at the top and have a gaping Jesus size gap due to injury. I think they’d be the more appealing loan destination.

He doesn't exactly set the world alight, so I would argue differently. He needs to be a part of a team to help him grow as a player, help his confidence flourish. He is instantly better than most if not all of our strikers/attacking options, so he'd become the main man.

From the sounds of things, Gakpo would be the player to work across all the front 3 while Felix could be the main man as CF. Just me spitballing however.

It could work
That's my point. United need goals and time to develop a good understanding of the current system. With a good system in place I think he will flourish, but don't think that exists yet.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that we want him more than Arsenal. Gakpo very much seems the focus.

He should be above Gakpo in our priorities. Felix is in a different class. Arsenal will get the better player.

Seeing him at a club like Arsenal would be like City signing Aguero all over again for me. Not to say he’d have that sort of impact, but he’s a player I’ve enjoyed watching so much since he came on the scene.

It could work
Not convinced he is better than all our attacking options. Rashford has done as much, probably more in fact. Bruno is certainly a more proven option in the attacking midfield options.

To me he's in the same category as Antony. All to prove at this level of club. Doesn't scream main man. Maybe he can develop to be.

Last edited:
Absolutely
I'm sorry but Felix has not shown anything to convince me he will be a more impactful attacker than Rashford. Looks better on the eye due to clean technique but it takes much much more to be a key player for a top side in the Premier league.
Don't get me wrong, if i were to choose between Gakpo and Felix i would choose Felix because i think he will thrive better in the system ETH is trying to build. But i sincerely i fail to see what makes u so convinced that he will be our best attacker.

Arsenal is not just any club, they are extremely attractive for multiple reasons. A player could easily choose Arsenal over United

Given how most transfer decisions have been made over the past decade, it wouldn’t surprise me if this becomes the only move during the window.

It’s a classic Glazer move, a big name, a questionable fit and it doesn’t require them to dip into their pockets to fund it. Heck, it’s nearly paid for by taking Ronaldo off the books.

As others have said, I'd argue for the next 5 months Arsenal are definitely more attractive than us. Title race, better structured team with higher likelihood for Felix to be able to show his ability.

If ten Hag believes Gakpo is better suited to his style of football then it’s pretty clear the club will bend to his will. I’m not convinced that the links are legitimate either, as Mendes may simply be dragging our name into it to push Arsenal to close the deal.

As others have said, I'd argue for the next 5 months Arsenal are definitely more attractive than us. Title race, better structured team with higher likelihood for Felix to be able to show his ability.

feck me, our fans are a funny bunch, the second any side is doing better than us, even for the first time in a millennia, they are “more attractive”.
Fortunately, players don’t just look at the current league table when choosing their next club.

Title race? We’re 16 games in.

pay the 8m for Felix....i'd fuking rather him playing in our rotation than Elanga or Garnacho PLUS we don't know what's going on with Sancho. We need another attacking player and Felix is pretty damn good.

To be honest I see it the other way around. Arsenal are 5 points clear at the top and have a gaping Jesus size gap due to injury. I think they’d be the more appealing loan destination.
There's absolutely nothing to suggest that we want him more than Arsenal. Gakpo very much seems the focus.
Arsenal is not just any club, they are extremely attractive for multiple reasons. A player could easily choose Arsenal over United
Arsenal are in a title race and never underestimate the London factor.

What are some of you people smoking? Based on your logic, the guy would rather go to fecking Newcastle than United.

If United and Arsenal both put in serious bids, I'm pretty certain he would choose United. Arsenal ain't won the title yet and they'll never be more attractive than United. They'd probably have a shout against Chelsea or Spurs, but United? No chance!

Could definitely see him at Arsenal. He has underperformed at Atletico mainly because they are a stop the other team from playing type of team. At Arsenal with our brand of football he could unleash his full potential.

I actually think Arteta will pull this off and bring him to Arsenal. Immediate term we have a space for him with Jesus out, were top of the table playing the brand of football suited to his own style. Even the bookies have us favorites to sign him

What are some of you people smoking? Based on your logic, the guy would rather go to fecking Newcastle than United.

If United and Arsenal both put in serious bids, I'm pretty certain he would choose United. Arsenal ain't won the title yet and they'll never be more attractive than United. They'd probably have a shout against Chelsea or Spurs, but United? No chance!

Why not? Felix would be aware the contrasting brands of football Man United and Arsenal play. The guy needs to play in a team suited to him.

It might make sense for Arsenal in a situation where Jesus is out for most of the rest of the season and there isn't another forward option not named Nketiah.

Even the Antony fee at £86m works out proportionately cheaper if he stays at the club for longer than 5 years, which you would imagine he will.
That's an interesting way to look at it :D With a GD of 0 after 14 games i think you should jump on the opportunity to get any good attacker you can get. Martial fitness, Sancho issues, Ronaldo gone. You definitely have a need for him too.

For a transfer, maybe, because you would definitely pay more. For a 6 months loan where you get paid exactly the same, you'd rather spend it in London in a currently more functioning team.

Who is going to play up top when rashford needs resting or martial gets injured again? Charlie Mcneill? :lol:

Felix is a must, he's world class and we are in dire need of a clinical out and out striker. I don't care about the fee or loan arrangements since we are getting new owners anyway, we need to be decisive in January and get the best available reinforcements to lead the line if we want to compete in the fa cup, Caroboa Cup, europa and fight for top 4. If we get a potential dud like Gakpo then injuries and fatigued will be our undoing long term.

Joao Felix is not world class. He may become that but he has not achieved that status yet. World class. Unbelievable. Outstanding. These descriptions are for things that are v v rare (although many pundits describe anything in these terms..)

Benzama. Modric. Kane. De Bruyne. Van Dijk. Mbappe. Haaland. These players are world class.

And Felix is not a striker. And he will need to play.

Where the hell will he play if we bought him?

Why did you quote me? You're smoking the good shit it seems.

That's an interesting way to look at it :D With a GD of 0 after 14 games i think you should jump on the opportunity to get any good attacker you can get. Martial fitness, Sancho issues, Ronaldo gone. You definitely have a need for him too.
I don't disagree, we do need a forward. I guess it just depends whether we want one at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.