Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
8m loan fee
apprx 5m in wages
no option to buy
13m for a 5 month rental

That's a dumb deal

No contractual buy option means we are not obligated to buy. They still want to sell, but think they have more chance of getting a big fee after a loan spell. While not having to pay his wages in the meantime.

Definitely worth giving it a go imv.

Would like it to happen but with a bigger loan fee (if needed) and for us to have an option to buy him in the summer.

Surely makes more sense to do a loan on Felix than buy Gakpo now, keeps our options open and powder dry for the summer when who knows what will be happening at the club.

I'd doubt other clubs will be stumping up that sort of fee for Gakpo in January anyway.

He and Gakpo would be the job.

New formation for the back end of the season:

——————————DDG—————————
——— Varane — Martinez — Shaw———
—————————-Casemiro——————-
Antony——————Bruno—————Felix
————————————————-Rashford
——————————————————Gakpo
—————————————————-Martial

We can exhaust every team in the leagues supply of right backs.

——————————DDG—————————
——————————————————Gakpo

:lol: Yeah, and they could switch sides and feck some LB's too!

Surely makes more sense to do a loan on Felix than buy Gakpo now, keeps our options open and powder dry for the summer when who knows what will be happening at the club.

I'd doubt other clubs will be stumping up that sort of fee for Gakpo in January anyway.

Yeah, don’t think it’s the popular opinion, but I agree.

——————————DDG—————————
——————————————————Gakpo

Feck, just spit out a mouthful of gluhwein in the new sofa when reading this…

I don't care if it's loan,fee or if we beg cheat or steal just get Felix on board, he's top level world class proven talent who will be a gamechanger

£8m is a pretty huge loan fee for a 5 month deal.

I know Atleti bought him for an astronomical amount to begin with, but you're setting yourself up to get shafted on any permanent transfer if you agree to a package like that.

It would maybe make sense if an optional future fee was agreed like we did with Falcao. Otherwise I'd give it a miss.

Does that mean no obligation or no option whatsoever?

I know it means no option, but I feel like it reads that it's no obligation but there could be an option negotiated.

Great deal? You’re paying 16m for the privilege of having him for 6 months. If he flops you’ve pissed it up the wall - if he does well his value soars and you’ve now got to pay whatever fee they ask for on top. Awful deal and only utter mugs would pay it without any option to buy clause built in.

He has not shown that he is a good player in 3 years, plus we are going to pay around 14m for having him for 5 months. It is a stupid deal.

14m for a potentially top player isn't that much.

If we signed a stop gap striker for 14m until the summer, i doubt many would think that outlandish.

I think he lacks consistency but his ability is surely not in question. A fresh start at a new club might be all he needs.These are the types of deals that many on here don't believe we take advantage of often enough.

Opportunity to try without commitment, and they also accept returns if we are not sufficiently satisfied with their goods after the trial period expires!

Does that mean no obligation or no option whatsoever?

I know it means no option, but I feel like it reads that it's no obligation but there could be an option negotiated.

I read it as there is no contractual option to buy attached to the loan deal.
AM want to sell. But we can loan him without having to buy him, but as you suggest, if we do want to buy, then we ony have to reach a new agreement.

Type of deal that lets you see whether or not it’s Simeone shackling him or not. I’d take that risk on a 6 month loan no obligation.
Ideally there would be an option to buy for an agreed price at the end of the loan, but atletico madrid probably wants to see if he can pick up his form in a new environment and then sell for a higher price in summer.

He still has 3.5 year left in his contract so his current book value is 3.5 x 16m = 56m.

Last edited:
I read it as there is no contractual option to buy attached to the loan deal.
AM want to sell. But we can loan him without having to buy him, but as you suggest, if we do want to buy, then we ony have to reach a new agreement.
Yeah, how I'm understanding too. Especially if the FFP stuff is true. Which then makes it a good deal I think.

£13m for half a season, could be the difference between a trophy or not, CL qualification or not and let's you see if this talented player shows signs of adapting to this league.

Great deal? You’re paying 16m for the privilege of having him for 6 months. If he flops you’ve pissed it up the wall - if he does well his value soars and you’ve now got to pay whatever fee they ask for on top. Awful deal and only utter mugs would pay it without any option to buy clause built in.
As clear as day, bad bad deal.

What's his actual position? LW? 10? What did he make his name as in the Portuguese league and what position has he mainly played for Atletico?

Nope.

Don't need this player.

No 9. Right Back. Centre Midfielder.

No need for another ballplayer forward/attacking midfielder.

Let's get Rashford, Antony, Sancho consistently playing well, scoring lots of goals, destroying teams.

Yeah, how I'm understanding too. Especially if the FFP stuff is true. Which then makes it a good deal I think.

£13m for half a season, could be the difference between a trophy or not, CL qualification or not and let's you see if this talented player shows signs of adapting to this league.

Exciting opportuny. Definitely a player with some skill and a trick or 2. I think fans will enjoy watching him. If he can get off to a good start, get some consistency, then he could be seriously good.

Would absolutely love for us to get him! Would instantly be our best attacking player (in my opinion).

What's his actual position? LW? 10? What did he make his name as in the Portuguese league and what position has he mainly played for Atletico?
I call it a “9.5” he’s a 10 who scores goals.

In Portugal he Mainly played in behind seferovi but closer to goal.

At atlético he seems all over the place it seems tbh.

A lot of what was seen vs Switzerland is what I expect to see from Felix on a regular basis.

Nope.

Don't need this player.

No 9. Right Back. Centre Midfielder.

No need for another ballplayer forward/attacking midfielder.

Let's get Rashford, Antony, Sancho consistently playing well, scoring lots of goals, destroying teams.

Who is going to play up top when rashford needs resting or martial gets injured again? Charlie Mcneill? :lol:

Felix is a must, he's world class and we are in dire need of a clinical out and out striker. I don't care about the fee or loan arrangements since we are getting new owners anyway, we need to be decisive in January and get the best available reinforcements to lead the line if we want to compete in the fa cup, Caroboa Cup, europa and fight for top 4. If we get a potential dud like Gakpo then injuries and fatigued will be our undoing long term.

I'd take him for 6 months even for 10M while Jesus is out. Better to lose 10M than think "what if" while our only option is Nketiah.
Even if you sign Gakpo, declining the option of Felix for 10M after having spent 100M on Anthony and 70+ on Sancho is pretty comical.

What's the issue here?

Pay the loan fee now, get him comfortable at our club then sign him permanently in the summer.

Atletico will want to sell him permanently and he will have another 1 year less on his deal, so better value.

Win win.

i'd pay the 8m in loan fee plus his salary ahead of paying 50m or more for Gakpo....seems like a much smarter move on our part as you can then put any real money towards Enzo in january

I'm not too keen on him, I think there are question marks above his head andrightly so, he hasn't exactly proven himself worthy of his price tag and him falling out with simeone is a bit concerning.

Still for a loan option he can't be too bad, get him assuming it's true.

Who is going to play up top when rashford needs resting or martial gets injured again? Charlie Mcneill? :lol:

Felix is a must, he's world class and we are in dire need of a clinical out and out striker. I don't care about the fee or loan arrangements since we are getting new owners anyway, we need to be decisive in January and get the best available reinforcements to lead the line if we want to compete in the fa cup, Caroboa Cup, europa and fight for top 4. If we get a potential dud like Gakpo then injuries and fatigued will be our undoing long term.
He isn't an out and out striker though, is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.